SB 109-10: Federal ANWR Territorial Integrity Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:40:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 109-10: Federal ANWR Territorial Integrity Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: SB 109-10: Federal ANWR Territorial Integrity Act (Tabled)  (Read 3282 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2022, 08:19:00 AM »
« edited: July 11, 2022, 03:18:26 PM by First Minister Scott »

AN ACT
To protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

Be it enacted Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Federal ANWR Territorial Integrity Act.

Section 2. Recognition of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) as Frémont territory

It shall be policy of the Republic of Atlasia that the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is under the domain of the Commonwealth of Frémont.

Section 3. Prohibition on leasing for oil exploration

Distribution of any federal oil and gas leases for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge shall be prohibited under Federal law.

Section 4. Enactment

This act shall take effect ninety (90) days after passage.

The Vice President is recognized.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 08:29:48 AM »

Friends and colleagues, I present the legislation that is before you today, not only as your Vice President, but as a concerned citizen. I present this bill concurrently as the First Minister of the affected region, and one who is determined to protect the national treasures within the Commonwealth's borders.

Currently we have companion legislation in Parliament that effectively bans drilling in the northeastern Alaska territory if an anti-environmental federal government chooses to privatize this land. Drilling in this area would irreversibly damage a protected national wildlife refuge without creating sufficient oil supplies to have an impact on Atlasia's energy security or the global price market.

As one senator and presidential candidate of the OTL United States once said, we would never open the Grand Canyon or the Florida Everglades for drilling exploration - because these are protected lands. The same holds true for the ANWR, which has been subject to controversy in recent decades over whether this type of activity should be permitted.

And so I say, as one who vehemently supported Southern efforts to protect the state of Kansas from unwanted exploitation by the greed of a small number of people, I rise to defend all of Alaska's territory from exploitation by private corporate actors. And I hope that the Senate will agree.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 01:45:25 PM »

I concur with the statements made by the Vice President and would like to Co-Sponsor this as well.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »

Senators have 24 hours to object to the sponsorship of Senator WD.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 06:39:42 PM »

I object.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 07:06:17 PM »

With one senator having chosen to waste the Senate's time again objected, a vote is now open on the sponsorship of WD. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 07:11:12 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 07:59:55 PM »

Nay
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 08:04:54 PM »

Care to give a reason why you’re wasting the Senate’s time?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2022, 08:12:57 PM by West_Midlander »

I don't support putting the ANWR under the sole control of the recently non-imperialist region of Fremont. IRL, the ANWR is under the domain of the federal Fish and Wildlife Service.

Ftr, I appreciate the derision from the Senator from Oregon. I view it as a badge of honor to be held in contempt by someone who was in lockstep with the anti-democracy policies of the previous administration.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 08:14:41 PM »

If Western Democrat wants to keep complaining, I'm sure the Senate can deal with him through disciplinary measures.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »

I don't support putting the ANWR under the sole control of the recently non-imperialist region of Fremont. IRL, the ANWR is under the domain of the federal Fish and Wildlife Service.

Ftr, I appreciate the derision from the Senator from Oregon. I view it as a badge of honor to be held in contempt by someone who was in lockstep with the anti-democracy policies of the previous administration.

Taking your grievances out on Frémont after a multi-party pro-reform coalition fought to end the status quo and tyranny of the Truman dictatorship is not the right way to reunify this country. As far as this new government is concerned, Kansas is rightly the territory of the South. Likewise, Alaska is under the jurisdiction of Frémont. And there will be no drilling in the ANWR so long as I am First Minister.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 08:23:42 PM »

Taking your grievances out on Frémont after a multi-party pro-reform coalition fought to end the status quo and tyranny of the Truman dictatorship is not the right way to reunify this country. As far as this new government is concerned, Kansas is rightly the territory of the South. Likewise, Alaska is under the jurisdiction of Frémont. And there will be no drilling in the ANWR so long as I am First Minister.

My one vote won't divide the nation at all compared to the organized self-coup attempt of OBD, Truman, WD, and friends.

Get off your high horse for once. I don't even support drilling in the Arctic and I never implied I did.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 08:27:29 PM »

My one vote won't divide the nation at all compared to the organized self-coup attempt of OBD, Truman, WD, and friends.

Get off your high horse for once. I don't even support drilling in the Arctic and I never implied I did.

And yet it seems you are interested in re-litigating this battle even after the perpetrators were punished and banned from holding office. If the South (correctly) has the right to Kansas, why should Frémont not have the right to Alaska?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2022, 08:29:41 PM »

And yet it seems you are interested in re-litigating this battle even after the perpetrators were punished and banned from holding office. If the South (correctly) has the right to Kansas, why should Frémont not have the right to Alaska?

WD is still in Congress.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2022, 08:33:13 PM »

WD is still in Congress.

Okay, so you're opposing this bill for personal reasons. Just wanted some clarification.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2022, 08:37:54 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2022, 09:08:31 PM by West_Midlander »

Quote from: Vice President and First Minister Scott  link=topic=496225.msg8623833#msg8623833 date=1653787005 uid=13994

WD is still in Congress.

Okay, so you're opposing this bill for personal reasons. Just wanted some clarification.

No, you lied when you said "the perpetrators were punished and banned from holding office." If anti-democracy traitors to the nation and the Constitution say, "Sorry...my bad!" they should continue to be able to serve and to swear allegiance in bad faith (lie) that they will protect and defend the Constitution of the republic (something that they have already proven that they will not do)?

As I said before IRL the ANWR is under federal jurisdiction. Why shouldn't this be the case here? Kansas, a civilian-occupied state (not a wildlife refuge) is not a comparable situation.

EDIT: I might also add that I voted for your own nomination for VP and for the nominations of one Laborite and several DA members to the cabinet. To accuse me of acting out of personal or political reasons is pretty ridiculous, especially when I have already made my reasons for opposing this legislation (as written) known. I guess you would be fine with Alexander Stephens (something that I know happened IRL, ofc) serving in office in this country after being a proven traitor to the republic. Or is WD's treason acceptable since he is pro-gun and was/is a close ally of yours when you were President? If opposing traitors serving in government constitutes, unimportant, "personal" reasons in your view, then so be it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »

No, you lied when you said "the perpetrators were punished and banned from holding office." If anti-democracy traitors to the nation and the Constitution say, "Sorry...my bad!" they should continue to be able to serve and to swear allegiance in bad faith (lie) that they will protect and defend the Constitution of the republic (something that they have already proven that they will not do)?

As I said before IRL the ANWR is under federal jurisdiction. Why shouldn't this be the case here? Kansas, a civilian-occupied state (not a wildlife refuge) is not a comparable situation.

EDIT: I might also add that I voted for your own nomination for VP and for the nominations of one Laborite and several DA members to the cabinet. To accuse me of acting out of personal or political reasons is pretty ridiculous, especially when I have already made my reasons for opposing this legislation (as written) known. I guess you would be fine with Alexander Stephens (something that I know happened IRL, ofc) serving in office in this country after being a proven traitor to the republic. Or is WD's treason acceptable since he is pro-gun and was/is a close ally of yours when you were President? If opposing traitors serving in government constitutes, unimportant, "personal" reasons in your view, then so be it.

Any beef you have with WD at this point is between you and WD. Kansas is as Southern as Alaska is Frémont territory - in its entirety. Environmental protection is what this bill is about, not widening political divides at the expense of the Atlasian people.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 06:54:29 AM »

Aye.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2022, 10:29:10 PM »

Aye
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2022, 10:44:47 PM »

Aye
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2022, 06:48:56 PM »

Aye.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »

West Midlander's attempt to wave the bloody Truman shirt is pathetic. This bill has nothing to do with Kansas, and screaming TRAITOR is not going to give more credibility to the centralist, anti-Frémont position. Oh and by the way: WD has been a much more productive legislator than you will ever be.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 09:44:17 AM »

All right, let's turn the attacks down a little, shall we? I like a warm climate as much as some of y'all do but this is getting rather heated.

West Midlander's attempt to wave the bloody Truman shirt is pathetic. This bill has nothing to do with Kansas, and screaming TRAITOR is not going to give more credibility to the centralist, anti-Frémont position. Oh and by the way: WD has been a much more productive legislator than you will ever be.

I'm willing to accept this is intended as a separate observation to the rest of your post but Westy did not in fact bring up Kansas in the first place. This line of attack is still not something I can bring myself to care about either way, however.

Abstain for that reason, this will presumably work itself out without me.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 10:45:05 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2022, 10:50:15 AM by West_Midlander »

Those pretending that Truman acted alone are pathetic. I guess WD's treason is acceptable since he is left-aligned. Democracy is only defensible when the left serves to benefit from preserving the Constitution, otherwise not.

WD may be a "productive legislator" in Fantasyland but he is also a traitor to his constitutional oath, something that I am not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies