Is a lack of success with girls/sexuality a major cause for mass shootings? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is a lack of success with girls/sexuality a major cause for mass shootings? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is a lack of success with girls/sexuality a major cause for mass shootings?  (Read 827 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: May 25, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »

The shooting of this sort of type in New York has me convinced that it is due to a lack of attention from the parents, and this is one way to get attention.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 12:21:34 PM »

The shooting of this sort of type in New York has me convinced that it is due to a lack of attention from the parents, and this is one way to get attention.

Everyone: Racism, Sexism, Poverty, etc

PSOL: lol my parents don't pay attention to me so I have to murder 10 people lol
For middle class white kids, apparently yes
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »

Mass shootings and “incel”-ism are symptoms of the same disease.  Both of these are very antisocial behaviors

Was going to say something along these lines. People who commit acts of mass violence are wired to be seriously at odds with the society around them, and that doesn't translate well into forming good connections with other people (whether that be one's parents, friends, prospective partners or employers, or anything else one can think of).
The question is why don't they have a good relation with the society around them, and what drives them to do such a high-profile crime like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies