SR 109-08: Securing Our Elections Officers Amendment (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:02:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 109-08: Securing Our Elections Officers Amendment (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SR 109-08: Securing Our Elections Officers Amendment (Failed)  (Read 2053 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 08:47:18 AM »

Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2022, 09:51:59 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2022, 10:24:21 AM by PPT Spark »

Final Vote:

AYE: Spark, WM, Greg, Mr. R, WB, DeadPrez, AGA, OSR, Yankee, Muaddib (10), 59%
NAY: rpyor, Blairite, WD, Devout Centrist, AFE, S019, SevenEleven (7), 41%
PRESENT/NOT VOTING/ABSTAIN: Muaddib (1), 6%

Despite gaining a majority of votes, the Fifth Constitution stipulates that constitutional amendments need 2/3rds. As a result, this amendment fails.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2022, 10:18:21 AM »

With a majority of Senators voting in favor, this amendment passes.

AYE: Spark, WM, Greg, Mr. R, WB, DeadPrez, AGA, OSR, Yankee (9), 50%
NAY: rpyor, Blairite, WD, Devout Centrist, AFE, S019, SevenEleven (7), 44%
PRESENT/NOT VOTING/ABSTAIN: Muaddib (1), 6%

It shall now be sent to the regions for ratification.

x

AYE FTR
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2022, 11:47:05 PM »

I would love to know why other than obfuscation and whataboutery on the part the Dengist and Dengist adjacent caucus that the executive branch should maintain the ability by executive order to 1/6 this country at any time by seizing control of the Department of Federal Elections and or the Registrar General?

Since the real life events of January 6, 2021, we have had three events in game where someone has tried to replicate that here in some form or fashion. It is the highest folly to leave open the clearest road by which this may be irrevocably effectuated from the very top, in the closest approximation to what happened on that that terrible day.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2022, 01:44:36 AM »

why in the hell anyone opposed this is beyond me and I will re-introduce it next session should no one else wish to.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2022, 03:56:04 AM »

I would love to know why other than obfuscation and whataboutery on the part the Dengist and Dengist adjacent caucus that the executive branch should maintain the ability by executive order to 1/6 this country at any time by seizing control of the Department of Federal Elections and or the Registrar General?

Since the real life events of January 6, 2021, we have had three events in game where someone has tried to replicate that here in some form or fashion. It is the highest folly to leave open the clearest road by which this may be irrevocably effectuated from the very top, in the closest approximation to what happened on that that terrible day.

Whining about a made up game while tolerating real life affecting doxxing. Imagine.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2022, 08:28:45 PM »

This amendment wants to relitigate past issues and also would needlessly weaken the executive branch. Also I agree with Sev that the virtue signaling from the party which continues to whitewash LT's doxxing is quite ridiculous.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2022, 05:28:22 AM »

This amendment wants to relitigate past issues and also would needlessly weaken the executive branch. Also I agree with Sev that the virtue signaling from the party which continues to whitewash LT's doxxing is quite ridiculous.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »

Whining about a made up game while tolerating real life affecting doxxing. Imagine.

I would love to know why other than obfuscation and whataboutery on the part the Dengist and Dengist adjacent caucus  

I would love to know why other than obfuscation and whataboutery on the part the Dengist and Dengist adjacent caucus  

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2022, 04:03:04 PM »

We have averaged one attempted hijacking of an election every six months since 1/6, and you have the sheer temerity to lecture me on "past issues" and "weakening the executive branch".

You, as an agent of execute tyranny not three months past. You who was not and has never been the target of executive tyranny (unlike myself). You, who claims to be an anti-Trumpist is the absolute last person in this game that has the standing or the credibility to make this post.

Its like listening to a bank robber arguing against metal detectors as an "needless invasion of privacy" or con artist arguing against prosecution of white collar crime as a "needless over regulation of finance".
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2022, 04:15:16 PM »

I am not going to be lectured about being insufficiently anti-Trump by someone who has coddled pro-Trump voices, elevated them to leadership in the party and continues to promote them for congressional races despite their obvious ineffectiveness as legislators (it's obvious who I'm referring to in each case). That's all I'm saying on this matter.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2022, 04:32:50 PM »

I am not going to be lectured about being insufficiently anti-Trump by someone who has coddled pro-Trump voices, elevated them to leadership in the party and continues to promote them for congressional races despite their obvious ineffectiveness as legislators (it's obvious who I'm referring to in each case). That's all I'm saying on this matter.

You have done for more to bring "Trumpism" into this game than any of the RL Trumpists in my party.

1. Tries to steal an election using the executive branch
2. Tries to hijack the judicial functions to prosecute enemies and facilitate said hijacking
3. Is now thwarting all attempts at reform or repair by pointing to the other side.

Sounds like post 2020 Trumpism to me.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2022, 04:40:33 PM »

You have done for more to bring "Trumpism" into this game than any of the RL Trumpists in my party.

2. Tries to hijack the judicial functions to prosecute enemies and facilitate said hijacking
3. Is now thwarting all attempts at reform or repair by pointing to the other side.

I was never part of any of this, but continue with the projection.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2022, 04:49:58 PM »

You were part of number 2.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2022, 07:45:57 PM »

Not really, the role that I was given could've been completely ignored and I did not actually make any binding statements. You were perfectly free to ignore what I said and I had no authority to ensure otherwise. My involvement in any of this was at most, ceremonial. Now we can talk about the real issues such as the fact that despite conservatives claiming to fix the economy you have failed to do so. You continue to keep interest rates low, let inflation spiral out of control, and also fail to liberalize trade so that we can increase the supply of goods to cope with supply chain disruptions.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2022, 08:00:26 PM »

Not really, the role that I was given could've been completely ignored and I did not actually make any binding statements. You were perfectly free to ignore what I said and I had no authority to ensure otherwise. My involvement in any of this was at most, ceremonial. Now we can talk about the real issues such as the fact that despite conservatives claiming to fix the economy you have failed to do so. You continue to keep interest rates low, let inflation spiral out of control, and also fail to liberalize trade so that we can increase the supply of goods to cope with supply chain disruptions.

"Let's not talk about 1/6, we need to focus on the real issues like inflation" - Sounds like post 2020 Trumpism to me.

But I will bite:

The reason why supply chains are disrupted by international chaos is because you neoliberals have nuked our working class with outsourcing and necessitated becoming world policemen to preserve the complex supply chains. This has massively ballooned our debt, which is also inflationary.

Free trade traded short term price reductions for long term risk of higher inflation through massive military spending or supply disruptions when chaos enters the world stage.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2022, 08:04:50 PM »

Also, three years of Labor going all money printer go brrrrrrr and you are complaining because we have failed to clean up your mess in two weeks.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2022, 08:20:11 PM »

Do we even *have* new economic data? If anything, inflation should be much lower in this universe with the absence of the Russian-Ukraine war.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2022, 08:22:59 PM »

Do we even *have* new economic data? If anything, inflation should be much lower in this universe with the absence of the Russian-Ukraine war.
Part of the issues with having all the Game Engine workload be on one person, maybe we need to change that Wink
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2022, 02:18:48 AM »

K.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2022, 02:20:22 AM »

I don't know what dengist even means in this context. Maybe try standing up for something meaningful and people will be more inclined to take it seriously.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2022, 04:04:53 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2022, 04:13:21 AM by Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR) »

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2022, 08:23:24 PM »

I don't know what dengist even means in this context. Maybe try standing up for something meaningful and people will be more inclined to take it seriously.

Perhaps you preferred the original version, which said "traitor and traitor adjacent caucus". Doesn't get more meaningful than that.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2022, 04:45:16 PM »

I don't know what dengist even means in this context
brainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrotbrainrot
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies