Which series of major party votes over the last 6 presidential elections is the most uncommon? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which series of major party votes over the last 6 presidential elections is the most uncommon? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which series of major party votes over the last 6 presidential elections is the most uncommon?  (Read 1494 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: July 02, 2022, 03:29:57 PM »

I.e. which has the fewest voters.

I'm leaning towards something like Gore-Bush-McCain-Obama-Clinton-Trump. Bush vote implies pro war, but that fails to explain Trump in 2020. I don't think you'd get many people like that.

Somerset County, Maryland, was Gore-Bush-McCain-Obama-Trump-Trump, with a GOP swing from '16 to '20, so this is theoretically possible in certain quantities there although the county is racially polarized enough that differing turnout dynamics between elections probably explain more of it (especially McCain-Obama, given the behavior of similar counties such as Nash, NC, or Warren, MS). The very isolated and idiosyncratic community of Smith Island, however, is known for Haredi-type bloc voting in massive swings, which makes me wish I could find election results for there from before just what DRA has to see if there would be any basis to that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies