Do you feel sorry for Scott Morrison?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:47:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you feel sorry for Scott Morrison?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you feel sorry for Scott Morrison?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Do you feel sorry for Scott Morrison?  (Read 483 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2022, 12:10:30 PM »

Haha, LOL no.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 01:16:07 PM »

Nope. The Coal-ition had it coming. Bye ScroMo
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:11 PM »

I don’t feel sorry for political figures.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 01:58:56 PM »

No way, especially after his awful response to the bushfires back in 2019-2020. I'm very glad that Morrison didn't get another upset victory.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 04:48:09 PM »

He was the worst leader in the whole Anglosphere during his time.

Made Trump look competent.

Made BoJo look like an adult

Made May look charismatic

Made Trudeau look sincere
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 04:53:25 PM »

ya hes the guy who shat himself in a macdondalds right
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 11:05:24 PM »

I do feel sorry for his trousers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 12:42:49 AM »

Giving a somewhat serious instead of meme answer: It's still no, but I will say this, Morrison got demonized for Australia's strict lockdowns, but now I'm seeing that while he's obviously not blameless he also might've made an attempt to mitigate them somewhat to the extent that he could (and of course they were mostly at the state level), and this makes me actually happy in hindsight the coalition pulled off their upset victory in 2019 because I don't know if I'd be willing to support the ALP if they were fully responsible for that now. Interesting how even Vosem and OSR supported the ALP over that, although also not under any delusions it would've been any better if they were in government then.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 12:46:10 AM »

Giving a somewhat serious instead of meme answer: It's still no, but I will say this, Morrison got demonized for Australia's strict lockdowns, but now I'm seeing that while he's obviously not blameless he also might've made an attempt to mitigate them somewhat to the extent that he could (and of course they were mostly at the state level), and this makes me actually happy in hindsight the coalition pulled off their upset victory in 2019 because I don't know if I'd be willing to support the ALP if they were fully responsible for that now. Interesting how even Vosem and OSR supported the ALP over that, although also not under any delusions it would've been any better if they were in government then.

They support the ALP which supported harder restrictions?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 12:49:05 AM »

They support the ALP which supported harder restrictions?
Yep. This is what Vosem said about it:
I recall when the NDP upset the PCs in Alberta in 2015 that Nathan asked me if there was any election I'd ever oppose the right broadly at. Well, here it is. Denying exit rights to your citizens is absolutely, insanely beyond the pale, Soviet-tier stuff. That the ALP wasn't against it is immaterial; at least they weren't personally the ones to do it.
However it's kind of moot now because Albanese has said that he won't implement any new lockdowns or request more emergency powers for them and probably doesn't have the political capital anyway. So despite that wanting to punish Morrison even though he also said he opposes any new lockdowns makes sense.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 12:54:53 AM »

Would BRTD support the greens if ALP won in 2019 and did the same lockdowns?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 01:20:50 AM »

Would BRTD support the greens if ALP won in 2019 and did the same lockdowns?
I don't know much about the Australian Greens. I'll assume they're not completely and utterly batsh!t insane unlike the American ones because most non-American Green parties aren't and unlike the American ones they're actually a serious party, but some still suck in other ways regardless.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2022, 01:34:24 AM »

Lockdowns had nothing to do with Morrison's defeat and were barely an issue in the election
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »

Lockdowns had nothing to do with Morrison's defeat and were barely an issue in the election

There is such anti-lockdown elite in where the Australian public were fine with border restrictions especially and broader lockdowns but you have Americans lecturing people, and people saying that Dan Andrews would cause labor the election, when Victoria swung to Labor more than expected!

If there was any anti-lockdown vote it clearly fed into the liberal party, with UAP/One Nation preferences.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 01:30:50 AM »

Just surprised you guys know who he is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies