Expel Idaho from the Union ASAP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Expel Idaho from the Union ASAP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Expel Idaho from the Union ASAP  (Read 610 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: May 20, 2022, 11:27:46 PM »

The following graphic explains everything:

The greatest and most patriotic state, Kentucky, rightfully spends almost half of all its liquor money on American-made whiskey/bourbon.

Idaho however spends only 4% of such money on the greatest product that any group of people, anywhere, has ever produced. Apparently these traitors, thanks no doubt to their sick potato fetish, vastly prefer vodka.

I always had a feeling in my gut that Idaho was the worst state. Now I know why, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I am honestly kinda disappointed in even my fellow Southern states, however. Sure they did better than most of the rest of the nation, but Tennessee is especially a joke. They LOVE to brag about how that stupid "Tennessee Whiskey" (discount bourbon knock-off) managed to be better-selling than Kentucky bourbon (not even close if you combine all KY bourbon brands against their stupid "Tennessee Whiskey" brands, but I digress), and yet they barely even drink it compared to KY? Confirms my suspicion they are and were fakes all along.

Hats off I guess to North Carolina, West Virginia, and Missouri -- all of which are states in which my ancestors lived and prospered alongside Kentucky. Sure your bourbon consumption is less than ideal, but nobody else comes close to matching Kentucky so I'll take it.

Idaho however?

What an absolute disgrace.

Sad!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 09:37:22 PM »

Folks: You seem to have missed the point.

The chart is not saying that only 4% of Idahoans drink bourbon.

Rather the chart is saying that out of the 100% of liquor Idahoans DO buy (however large or small that amount is relative to other states), only 4% is bourbon or another "American whiskey."

So whatever you think about Mormons and how much they drink and whether that is good or bad is really not relevant here. (Indeed perhaps the reason data was not available for Utah was because they drink even less, but I digress.) Point is that 96% of the booze they DO buy is not American whiskey, and my guess is it's mostly vodka instead for two reasons: First is that vodka is the most popular spirit in the country overall, second is that Idaho LOVES potatoes and lots of vodka is distilled from potatoes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies