Opinion of Pres. Barack Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Pres. Barack Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Positive

Negative

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of Pres. Barack Obama  (Read 2175 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 05:14:14 PM »

Horrible, horrible person.  Shameless continuation of Reaganism and Reaganomics with very little in terms of actual accomplishments other than implementing the Heritage Foundation's preferred healthcare scheme despite two years of super-majority rule for his party.  His post-Presidency is nothing more than rubbing elbows with his fellow oligarchs in relative seclusion... and when he does peek his head out it's only to show the utter contempt he has for anyone who'd try to make the world a better place.  Truly despicable.  

This would be funny if one didn't realize it wasn't satire.

Not all of the 23 million Americans pork covered with health insurance solely as a result of the ACA are aware enough to thank him for this, but most are, and you are not ignorant enough to be among the exception.

The concept that his fighting tooth-and-nail to barely barely pass the ACA through Congress, through reconciliation package after Kennedy seat was lost, by the narrowest of margins in the house, and then by what a 5-2 for vote in the Supreme Court upholding it, could have been somehow materially improved upon if he'd only cared or fought harder strikes one as the ill-informed opinion of someone who lived in a cave for the last dozen plus years
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 05:15:10 PM »

Horrible, horrible person.  Shameless continuation of Reaganism and Reaganomics with very little in terms of actual accomplishments other than implementing the Heritage Foundation's preferred healthcare scheme despite two years of super-majority rule for his party.  His post-Presidency is nothing more than rubbing elbows with his fellow oligarchs in relative seclusion... and when he does peek his head out it's only to show the utter contempt he has for anyone who'd try to make the world a better place.  Truly despicable.  

Not all of the 23 million Americans pork covered with health insurance solely as a result of the ACA are aware enough to thank him for this, but most are, and you are not ignorant enough to be among the exception.

The concept that his fighting tooth-and-nail to barely barely pass the ACA through Congress, through reconciliation package after Kennedy seat was lost, by the narrowest of margins in the house, and then by what a 5-2 for vote in the Supreme Court upholding it, could have been somehow materially improved upon if he'd only cared or fought harder strikes one as the ill-informed opinion of someone who lived in a cave for the last dozen plus years

Right. It didn't help that Obama had a hostile opposition who were even opposed to their own healthcare ideas. Romneycare. Obamacare.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 05:34:06 PM »

I'm not going to buy this line of Dem. propaganda from you, badger, despite your avatar.  You might as well be saying the ol "access" line if you are going to parrot what politicians say.  High co-pays, high deductibles, make seeking care for millions who may be technically covered still out of reach.  I paid $122.00 just to see a dermatologist who's in network, badg!  I'm lucky enough to be able to cover that.  The majority in America in 2022 have no shot.  Medical bankruptcy is still the #1 cause of bankruptcy today.  People continue to avoid seeing a doctor and ration medicine. 

But that's just the ACA.  Which, despite my criticisms, is still probably the most flattering thing about his tenure considering he at least was able to get the individual coverage mandate into the bill (per usual, however, left undefended to the GOP who withdrew it), even if it was just for a little while.  I liked that we had the idea that everyone is in this system and everyone needs to contribute to it actually codified into law.  Everything else was obviously a continued train wreck that started in the 70s and he actually ramped up the war machine even more, despite being seen as the one dude who was against the Iraq War. 

Like I said; HORRIBLE! 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »

As far as American presidents go, comparing them to one another, etc, I have a very positive view of him. There are things that all POTUSs do that I dislike and condemn, though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 05:47:27 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2022, 05:53:07 PM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

Voted unsure (neutral).

On the one hand, he seems like he's personally a quite decent human being. He's certainly aimed for a many of the goals we as a country need to reach. In many ways, he was one of the best Presidents of America we could reasonably have hoped to get, given who we are and how our elections work. (I do not think its fair of Americans to put the entire moral weight of our broken system on a single person doing a decent job and then say everything is their fault.)

On the other hand, he's a comprehensive failure on the larger scale. He normalized the post-9/11 security-state apparatus, including domestic spying and torture. He neglected the Democratic Party as an institution, and allowed Republican vileness, wealth inequality, and corporate power to grow without significant pushback. All of which led to President Donald Trump.

If you think his job was to keep the machine of state going and be a good figurehead for America, then he was a success. If you think his job was to leave America in better shape than he found it, and prepared for the future, then he's a failure.

I think he benefits (at least for now) from a sort-of 'calibration failure' by being bookended by Bush & Trump. A generic fast-food meal is mediocre. But if the other items on the menu are a moldy sandwich with flat soda and a literal pile of human excrement, it looks pretty good by comparison.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »

I'm not going to buy this line of Dem. propaganda from you, badger, despite your avatar.  You might as well be saying the ol "access" line if you are going to parrot what politicians say.  High co-pays, high deductibles, make seeking care for millions who may be technically covered still out of reach.  I paid $122.00 just to see a dermatologist who's in network, badg!  I'm lucky enough to be able to cover that.  The majority in America in 2022 have no shot.  Medical bankruptcy is still the #1 cause of bankruptcy today.  People continue to avoid seeing a doctor and ration medicine. 

But that's just the ACA.  Which, despite my criticisms, is still probably the most flattering thing about his tenure considering he at least was able to get the individual coverage mandate into the bill (per usual, however, left undefended to the GOP who withdrew it), even if it was just for a little while.  I liked that we had the idea that everyone is in this system and everyone needs to contribute to it actually codified into law.  Everything else was obviously a continued train wreck that started in the 70s and he actually ramped up the war machine even more, despite being seen as the one dude who was against the Iraq War. 

Like I said; HORRIBLE! 

Given the undeniable history of Obamacare in the tremendous obstacles presented by a hardcore and Ultra United Republican front, kindly explain realistically and practically under any terms as to how to say president Bernie Sanders in 2008 would have achieved anything even nominally more Progressive than Obamacare. Answers along the lines of " mobilizing the people!" Or "rainbows and unicorns" shall not be graded.

I am the first to claim that Obamacare is unfortunately Limited, and but for that butthurt hypocritical line motherf###er Joe Lieberman we would have additionally past a public auction which would have dramatically improved obamacare's efficacy, not to mention if John Roberts had somehow drawn some bizarre analogy distinguishing the Dole decision which resulted in republican-led States-let's repeat that, Republican red States- and not expanding Medicaid, it would have been far better.

The point here is that Obama and 95 + percent of Democrats did everything and anything humanly possible to pass the best possible health care plan that could have been achieved in, you know, reality. But the difference is you are coming up with this b******* theory that Obama through the game rather than that sack due to Republicans of using the filibuster.

And you know what is infinitely worse then Health Care under the ACA? What came before it and what would it be otherwise not been achieved but for what Obama and many congressional Democrats pay the price for, many of the latter losing their careers over it, despite every good effort succeeding in the, I repeat, best. Conceivably. Possible. Outcome. In. Realityville.

So-called progressives like you I think success is it winning a half a loaf because you absolutely cannot push the Republicans and the lamentable political structure of our country one slice further, but rather the ability to b**** and moan endlessly about the ferry to wave a magic wand and materialize a full loaf because reasons.

The greatest disappointment a binding ministration is he's not going to be able to pass the public option like he wished, but again not so much due to the failings of Democrats be on a handful of blue dogs unfortunately make the difference in a evenly divided Congress, but because the Republican party is a universal evil in opposition to such progress. That doesn't of course stop you from slapping them on the back and engaging in a daisy chain jerk off about how bad your mortal enemy the Democratic party is. But hey, be a quisling all you want.

Meanwhile, the rest of us true progressives will fight the actual evil and whenever yard, every square inch of success we can against those reactionary SOB's in the other party, while useless attention w###s like yourself simply sit on their hands on the sidelines and cheer for the folks who 110% oppose everything and anything you believe in because of a confusion between political Independence and knee-jerk contrarianism.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2022, 08:48:20 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2022, 09:05:41 AM by Starbucks Union Thug »

I'm not going to buy this line of Dem. propaganda from you, badger, despite your avatar.  You might as well be saying the ol "access" line if you are going to parrot what politicians say.  High co-pays, high deductibles, make seeking care for millions who may be technically covered still out of reach.  I paid $122.00 just to see a dermatologist who's in network, badg!  I'm lucky enough to be able to cover that.  The majority in America in 2022 have no shot.  Medical bankruptcy is still the #1 cause of bankruptcy today.  People continue to avoid seeing a doctor and ration medicine.  

But that's just the ACA.  Which, despite my criticisms, is still probably the most flattering thing about his tenure considering he at least was able to get the individual coverage mandate into the bill (per usual, however, left undefended to the GOP who withdrew it), even if it was just for a little while.  I liked that we had the idea that everyone is in this system and everyone needs to contribute to it actually codified into law.  Everything else was obviously a continued train wreck that started in the 70s and he actually ramped up the war machine even more, despite being seen as the one dude who was against the Iraq War.  

Like I said; HORRIBLE!  

Given the undeniable history of Obamacare in the tremendous obstacles presented by a hardcore and Ultra United Republican front, kindly explain realistically and practically under any terms as to how to say president Bernie Sanders in 2008 would have achieved anything even nominally more Progressive than Obamacare. Answers along the lines of " mobilizing the people!" Or "rainbows and unicorns" shall not be graded.

I am the first to claim that Obamacare is unfortunately Limited, and but for that butthurt hypocritical line motherf###er Joe Lieberman we would have additionally past a public auction which would have dramatically improved obamacare's efficacy, not to mention if John Roberts had somehow drawn some bizarre analogy distinguishing the Dole decision which resulted in republican-led States-let's repeat that, Republican red States- and not expanding Medicaid, it would have been far better.

The point here is that Obama and 95 + percent of Democrats did everything and anything humanly possible to pass the best possible health care plan that could have been achieved in, you know, reality. But the difference is you are coming up with this b******* theory that Obama through the game rather than that sack due to Republicans of using the filibuster.

And you know what is infinitely worse then Health Care under the ACA? What came before it and what would it be otherwise not been achieved but for what Obama and many congressional Democrats pay the price for, many of the latter losing their careers over it, despite every good effort succeeding in the, I repeat, best. Conceivably. Possible. Outcome. In. Realityville.

So-called progressives like you I think success is it winning a half a loaf because you absolutely cannot push the Republicans and the lamentable political structure of our country one slice further, but rather the ability to b**** and moan endlessly about the ferry to wave a magic wand and materialize a full loaf because reasons.

The greatest disappointment a binding ministration is he's not going to be able to pass the public option like he wished, but again not so much due to the failings of Democrats be on a handful of blue dogs unfortunately make the difference in a evenly divided Congress, but because the Republican party is a universal evil in opposition to such progress. That doesn't of course stop you from slapping them on the back and engaging in a daisy chain jerk off about how bad your mortal enemy the Democratic party is. But hey, be a quisling all you want.

Meanwhile, the rest of us true progressives will fight the actual evil and whenever yard, every square inch of success we can against those reactionary SOB's in the other party, while useless attention w###s like yourself simply sit on their hands on the sidelines and cheer for the folks who 110% oppose everything and anything you believe in because of a confusion between political Independence and knee-jerk contrarianism.

Whatever, Indy.  All you do is repeatedly parrot talking points, excuses, lies from the politicians you've decided to become a fan of because the other capitalists have betrayed your sense of decency.  That's fair, because you're on a site about maps.  But for the love of god these people are not your friggin puppy and can you please show some damn maturity and stop insulting ME when I criticize politicians and other assorted oligarchs.  I don't insult you or belittle your existence just because I think you're wrong about politics, dude.  Aren't you like 50?  Grow up.

Alright, I'll bite on one fabrication; "healthcare is INFINITELY better because of the ACA".  Lol.  What?!  Here's an article concerning the relative lack of change between pre-and-post ACA because you're not going to want to hear it from the nasty socialist;

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/forefront.20200406.93812/full/  

My god... could it be what a capitalist-class owned political party says to get votes might, in fact, be an exaggeration?  Politicians, they couldn't... lie?  Could they?  No, please.  Tell me I'm the good guy in the movie. 
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 09:33:02 AM »

HP
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 10:28:57 AM »

Weak leader and very self-absorbed. Voted negative. He is, however, the best president in my lifetime.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2022, 12:12:33 PM »

Was Obama trying to do the right thing when he came out against gay marriage (only to support it a few years later when a majority of the population came around to supporting it)? Obama, like so many other presidents, is a narcissist who did whatever he thought would be best for his political future and public image

You know, I've seen this talking point a lot on social media in the last week or two.  Trying to portray Obama as some sort of culture war conservative who was ardently opposed to gay marriage and an enemy of the LGBT community.

Where did you hear this from?  I always like to try and trace these misinformation talking points back to their sources.  A lot of the time it's Russian-backed media coming up with this stuff and aggressively disseminating it to idiot leftists who then give it credibility via social proof.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2022, 12:28:37 PM »

Was Obama trying to do the right thing when he came out against gay marriage (only to support it a few years later when a majority of the population came around to supporting it)? Obama, like so many other presidents, is a narcissist who did whatever he thought would be best for his political future and public image

You know, I've seen this talking point a lot on social media in the last week or two.  Trying to portray Obama as some sort of culture war conservative who was ardently opposed to gay marriage and an enemy of the LGBT community.

Where did you hear this from?  I always like to try and trace these misinformation talking points back to their sources.  A lot of the time it's Russian-backed media coming up with this stuff and aggressively disseminating it to idiot leftists who then give it credibility via social proof.

No one is saying that he is a "culture war conservative" but he was for gay marriage in 1996 before being against gay marriage; then he "evolved" on the issue and finally favored it once public opinion changed. He used tradition and religion as a prop for being against gay marriage until it became politically safe to support it.

https://time.com/3816952/obama-gay-lesbian-transgender-lgbt-rights/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2022, 12:51:34 PM »

No one is saying that he is a "culture war conservative" but he was for gay marriage in 1996 before being against gay marriage; then he "evolved" on the issue and finally favored it once public opinion changed. He used tradition and religion as a prop for being against gay marriage until it became politically safe to support it.

Don't.  If General MacArthur were to realize Barack Obama is not a literal god it might kill him. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »

So what?  Obama was always pro-LGBT throughout his career.  He "switched" to being against gay marriage so he could get elected.  Then when he was in office he "evolved" on the issue, and ended up appointing two supreme court justices who delivered the Obergefell decision and legalized gay marriage throughout the country, which Obama celebrated by lighting the White House up in the pride flag and considers one of the highlights of his presidency.

He said what he needed to say to get elected.  That's good politics.  I wish more people would do it.  Biden ran on being pro-fracking and wanting to drill more oil, and the left trashed him for being ant-environment.  Then he spent almost all his political capital after the election trying to get green infrastructure and climate spending through Congress.

I don't know why this forum always hails Trump as a genius when he just blatantly lies about what he's going to do and promises two completely different policies depending on the audience he's speaking to, and then refuses to allow Democrats to do anything remotely similar, but rather demonizes and trashes Obama for a political stance he took in 2007 that helped him defeat McCain/Palin and become president.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2022, 02:41:09 PM »

"This is why being a political coward and contributing to the bigotry displayed towards the LGBTQ community is actually a good thing.  As long as the end is a candidate I like winning an election, all means are justified."

What a couple of absolute simps.  Borderline evil, as a matter of fact.  

trashes Obama for a political stance he took in 2007 that helped him defeat McCain/Palin and become president.

Like this had any effect on the outcome of the 2008 landslide.  You are a monster.  A lying, two-faced demon. 
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2022, 02:51:15 PM »

You could compare Obama to George Wallace, someone who also sold out his beliefs/values for political gain. Wallace ran as anti-Klan NAACP-endorsed candidate and lost and he said "Seymore, you know why I lost that governor's race? ... I was outn*ggered by John Patterson. And I'll tell you here and now, I will never be outn*ggered again."

Similarly, Obama was pro-SSM before he was against it. One could also argue that like Obama who eventually came around on SSM, Wallace "evolved" on civil rights once the tide began to turn, with each originally coming close to their original position.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2022, 03:01:52 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2022, 03:15:38 PM by АndriуValeriovych »

Well, he had his pros, but he was one of the main reasons that Trump became President, his presidency contributed to the polarization, and finally, most importantly for me, his response to Russia's annexation of Crimea which led to this horrible Russia's war against Ukraine makes me say negative. Positive as a person though
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »

Obama's foreign policy was another area where he pretty much was a huge failure. Yes he was better than George W Bush in that regard but thats not saying much at all.

- Russian Reset after Russia already invaded Georgia

- Botching the withdrawal from Iraq: Things had actually gotten much more stable from 09-11 so we should have tried to keep a permanent base their at that point though not go out for active missions of course. The reason would be so we could have stopped any resurgence of an insurgency in its tracks.

Also we should have intervened against ISIS in December of 2013 instead of waiting till the Summer of 2014 when things were already too late

- Libya: Basically the Obama admin wanted to show how they could do regime change without sending in troops and this completely destabilized Libya from the onset

- Syria: We never should have funded the rebels because as bad as Assad was, the rebels were worse and much of the arms went to Jihadists and later ISIS.

Other than Carter and W , Obama was the worst president on FP in the last 50 years
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2022, 06:46:42 PM »

Well, he had his pros, but he was one of the main reasons that Trump became President, his presidency contributed to the polarization, and finally, most importantly for me, his response to Russia's annexation of Crimea which led to this horrible Russia's war against Ukraine makes me say negative. Positive as a person though

He was not a failed President, and he was way better that Bush.  I never blamed him for the economy, and (perhaps) if we gave him the stimulus then that we gave out during COVID-19 the recovery may have happened faster, but Obama's recovery WAS a sound recovery, built in increments, but not dependent on smoke and mirrors.  He destroyed the Democratic Party as the party of the working class, and that has far more to do with his Globalist policies than it did with Muh Racism. 

His Post-Presidency is awful, in that he (and, quite frankly, Mrs. Obama as well) has done all of the Flame Fanning of racial resentment that has led to violence.  Barack Obama COULD have brought calm after George Floyd, but he chose, instead, to encourage as much discord as he could without people being about to say "You cheered on rioting!".  (That's something we can say about Kamala Harris, but that's another matter.)  While he's doing that, he's a Hollywood Figure with a Netflix deal (another deal involving Mrs. O. as well).  This is fine and good, but Barack Obama COULD have been a calming influence.  He chose not to in order to increase his OWN influence in the party. 

I'm not entirely comfortable with Donald Trump's playing kingmaker as he's been doing.  I would like to see the GOP reflect Trump's policies, but that's different than a Cult of Personality.  Obama seems to escape the charge of leading a Cult of Personality, but he does so, and it's sort of obvious, but the MSM glosses over it.  The Democratic Party moves ever further Left, and becomes ever more unreasonable, and Barack Obama has worked to make this happen.  This leader of the Democratic Party restructured the party to where it offers the moon to "the marginalized" and the wealthy; a Limousine Liberal coalition, leaving the middle class and working classes to fend for themselves. 

Barack Obama coiuld have been a unifying leader.  He could still be one.  He's choosing not to.  He was a decent President for his 2 terms.  I thank God that he's Constitutionally prohibited from a third. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2022, 07:56:21 PM »

"This is why being a political coward and contributing to the bigotry displayed towards the LGBTQ community is actually a good thing.  As long as the end is a candidate I like winning an election, all means are justified."

The *consequences* of Obama's presidency were to reduce institutional discrimination towards LGBT people. Why would I be mad at him for making the world marginally better than it was, rather than worse? Why fault him for being left of 60% of Americans, rather than 75%? What is the end goal of all that outrage?

Honestly, I don't even like Obama that much as a person. Still, I struggle to see how his presidency was--from a progressive perspective--net negative rather than net positive.

WE reduced discrimination towards LGBTQ people.  Not the god-kings.  They are the ones that figured they could face consequences for continuing to drag their feet ahead of the 2012 election.  Perhaps Mr. Obama could've changed a few more hearts and minds among the little people in the campaign season of 2008 when he was the biggest rockstar on the planet.  He chose to continue to repeat the "safe" line of "believing marriage was between one man and one woman". 

But, as we all know, half measures were really his *thing* when looking back on the Obama years.  Well... except for bombing innocent civilians, droning children, and overseeing the transfer of wealth from the working class to the rich go into overdrive.  Those things were full bore. 
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2022, 11:17:02 PM »

Anyone who says that Obama is not a decent, intelligent patriot who loves his country is wrong.

His policies give you more than enough ammunition.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »

Really not a fan of pro ISIS, pro TPP, and pro murdering Yemeni children for Saudi Arabia reactionaries.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2022, 12:48:40 AM »

Honestly, healthcare aside, my opinion of Obama's Presidency gets worse by the day. As a person, he's kinda meh.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2022, 07:21:41 AM »

The *consequences* of Obama's presidency were to reduce institutional discrimination towards LGBT people. Why would I be mad at him for making the world marginally better than it was, rather than worse? Why fault him for being left of 60% of Americans, rather than 75%? What is the end goal of all that outrage?

Honestly, I don't even like Obama that much as a person. Still, I struggle to see how his presidency was--from a progressive perspective--net negative rather than net positive.

WE reduced discrimination towards LGBTQ people.  Not the god-kings.  They are the ones that figured they could face consequences for continuing to drag their feet ahead of the 2012 election.  Perhaps Mr. Obama could've changed a few more hearts and minds among the little people in the campaign season of 2008 when he was the biggest rockstar on the planet.  He chose to continue to repeat the "safe" line of "believing marriage was between one man and one woman". 

YOU repealed DADT (which was, of course, an improvement when it was implemented? Interesting...

Not ME specifically, ya starry-eyed jagaloon.  The people.  Workers, activists, the LGBTQ community.  The oligarchy is inherently hostile to the marginalized.  I prefer to give them credit for their victories rather than brush them aside and worship political figures.  Now, this is a tougher example because, regarding DADT, military leadership was very much motivated by the idea of having more gay folks sign up so they could send them to go die in their wars.  But the poor being sent to die for the rich man's battles is a tale as old as time so we'll keep it separate for now.  Just sayin'!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2022, 07:25:17 AM »

A failure in pretty much every respect
lividnyx
Rookie
United States

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 08:47:25 AM »

Strongly disagreed with much of his foreign policy (though no president in my lifetime has been significantly better), and wished he went further domestically. Better than a fair number of candidates who tried to succeed him though, so positive ig
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies