Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:02:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Please see the body of the post for the question
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Two Part Question on One Path/Multiple Paths and need for Evangelism  (Read 1781 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »

Yes/Yes (Atheism is the objective truth, and its important morally that people not be allowed to mislead others with religious promises that can never be kept)

Simple minded take.  Such a disingenuous and stupid use of “objective.”

By the very nature of the debate, one could literally never prove atheism as “truth.”  No matter what side of this eternal question you land on, it IS simply your guess that you’re making without all necessary information.  Smart, well-adjusted and functionally interpersonal people on both sides get that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2022, 04:18:35 PM »

Yes/Yes (Atheism is the objective truth, and its important morally that people not be allowed to mislead others with religious promises that can never be kept)

By the very nature of the debate, one could literally never prove atheism as “truth.”  No matter what side of this eternal question you land on, it IS simply your guess that you’re making without all necessary information.  Smart, well-adjusted and functionally interpersonal people on both sides get that.

The fact that something can't be proven doesn't mean that it isn't true. Regardless of whether the atheists or the Christians are correct, there is an objective truth out there. It is impossible for there to be "more than one truth" if those truths contradict one another.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2022, 11:02:06 AM »

The fact that something can't be proven doesn't mean that it isn't true. Regardless of whether the atheists or the Christians are correct, there is an objective truth out there. It is impossible for there to be "more than one truth" if those truths contradict one another.

Wait, I agree with a John Dule take on religion?!  Yes, I know we go to opposite conclusions from there, but it's still kind of funny.

I do think there is very good evidence for Christianity, but there are certainly places where faith is needed to explain my faith.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2022, 12:55:30 PM »

Neither the Bible nor the traditional teachings of the church leave any ambiguity about the propitiatory role of Christ's sacrifice for mankind's salvation.  He is the way, the truth and the light; no one comes to the Father except through Him.

To hear self-described Christians "highly suspect" of this teaching is quite discouraging, to say the very least.       

I know this is a bit of a "classic" criticism of the faith, but the reason more Christians are abandoning that belief is because it makes the God of the Bible seem like a totally inept sociopathic Hitlerian figure. The implication is obviously that God chose to only make Christianity prominent or even known at all in some parts of the world while abandoning others, usually specifically ignoring certain racial and ethnic groups. Obviously decent people are going to be turned off by the idea of billions of Indians and Chinese and un-contacted tribes being tossed into hell because God was too lazy to reveal himself in those locations.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »

Wait, I agree with a John Dule take on religion?!  Yes, I know we go to opposite conclusions from there, but it's still kind of funny.

I do think there is very good evidence for Christianity, but there are certainly places where faith is needed to explain my faith.

The people answering "no" to the first question are, to me, ridiculous. What is even the point of discussing these issues if you don't believe in the concept of truth?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2022, 12:23:33 AM »

Yes and yes

I am unsure the extent to which non Christians can be saved, but any of them who are are only saved by the blood of Christ and not according to the dictates of their own religion.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2022, 01:09:17 AM »

What about babies who die young ? Do they get saved ? They didn't get to choose Christ.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2022, 11:07:48 AM »

What about babies who die young ? Do they get saved ? They didn't get to choose Christ.

I believe God elects all of them to heaven, but God alone knows.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2022, 02:43:12 PM »

Yes / Yes
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2022, 10:04:48 PM »

Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is most fully revealed through the Christian faith, though we see through a glass darkly, and other traditions catch glimpses.   It is important to share the Truth revealed to us, for many need to hear, even though it may be that some experience this Truth themselves through their own symbols outside of Christianity. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies