Opinion of tempbanned posters: bronz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:52:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of tempbanned posters: bronz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Opinion of tempbanned posters: bronz
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Opinion of tempbanned posters: bronz  (Read 4745 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2022, 09:52:07 AM »

I apologize for creating another bronz thread in this section, just couldn't resist asking this question. What do you think, will bronz return after his 6-month ban expires in Nov? He is that a long enough period of time he just got used to not being around here and leaves?

I voted yes, he'll return after the ban expires. I'm not exactly sure though. Don't think he'll create a sock and get permabanned, as he didn't do so during his previous bans. I absolutely don't expect his "punishment" being reduced and included Option #4 for obligatory reasons only.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2022, 11:33:09 AM »

The only really acceptable answer is number 1 (maybe number 5 too).
Number 3 or number 4 would be utterly devastating.
Number 2 would hurt too.
6 months is already a long enough time to go without any Bronz threafs. It would be tragic if we had to wait even longer for them, or...never got them again.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2022, 11:43:31 AM »

Bronz threads are about as valuable as BRTD threads (that is to say, not at all)

Anyone who unironically thinks Bronz threafs are of no value deserves to be tempbanned until they realize the error of their ways.

Oh yeah I can't believe I forgot that one. Option 1 in the poll was particularly hilarious (as was the OP).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2022, 12:00:31 PM »

No, there are many media places where you can vent Facebook, Twitter not just the Forum that's why I make D Nut maps, this is a white male Forum 60% of White vote went to Romney, whereas in Facebook and Twitter it's females I listen to

Who says that it's gonna be an R nut map
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2022, 12:03:52 PM »

No, because there is Twitter and Facebook too that you can vent, I also have multiple accounts in them where all my female friends are

He's not permanently banned just thru the Election , he doesn't have a Prediction anyways, there isn't any updates on his Map
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2022, 12:15:20 PM »

He will return right after the ban expires, and Spoiler Alert: He will have learned NOTHING.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2022, 12:45:07 PM »

Bronz threads are about as valuable as BRTD threads (that is to say, not at all)

Anyone who unironically thinks Bronz threafs are of no value deserves to be tempbanned until they realize the error of their ways.

His schtick is neither creative nor funny. Also it’s hilarious how the same people defending him now are the same ones who said that harmless memes were ruining the forum. Fun for me but not for thee! I mean seriously many of those who are defending bronz now are some of this forum’s most pompous and self-absorbed people.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »

Red, do we need 6 bronz threads on page 1 of this board?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2022, 01:58:00 PM »

I just merged 10 Bronz threads, you guys can stop it now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »

Red, do we need 6 bronz threads on page 1 of this board?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2022, 02:13:07 PM »

Actually, MT Treasurer predicted KY would be close and pushed back against the narrative that the race was Safe R because of "polarization" or "racist hicks".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2022, 07:30:10 PM »

Sorry, just not willing to play the game of lionizing a poster with such obvious, let's say issues, and making them a faux mascot of the Forum.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »

Sorry, just not willing to play the game of lionizing a poster with such obvious, let's say issues, and making them a faux mascot of the Forum.
Let's not make blanket statements like that.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2022, 09:24:24 PM »

Bronz had been one of the very worst posters for a long time and not just because of the weird race baiting white grievance schtick, but also because he’s one of those people on a political discussion forum who has no interest in having any actual political discussions. Any posts of his that weren’t racially charged concern trolling were the intellectual equivalent of packing peanuts. Any attempts to ask him to clarify his positions or engage in any nuanced discussion were consistently met with either bizarre non sequitors or Bronz abandoning his own threads altogether. One can only hypothesize as to whether any of Bronz’s espoused views are sincere or not, but he’s a troll either way.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2022, 09:29:01 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2022, 08:33:53 AM by lfromnj »

Bronz had been one of the very worst posters for a long time and not just because of the weird race baiting white grievance schtick, but also because he’s one of those people on a political discussion forum who has no interest in having any actual political discussions. Any posts of his that weren’t racially charged concern trolling were the intellectual equivalent of packing peanuts. Any attempts to ask him to clarify his positions or engage in any nuanced discussion were consistently met with either bizarre non sequitors or Bronz abandoning his own threads altogether. One can only hypothesize as to whether any of Bronz’s espoused views are sincere or not, but he’s a troll either way.

This is an electoral discussion forum and unironically bronz actually did have some interesting knowledge of some elections.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2022, 10:09:59 PM »

Really funny guy!
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2022, 02:16:00 PM »

Probably his Mike Pence fanboy posts from 2014/2015. Remember when he used to call Mike Pence a “soothing midwesterner” all the time?
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2022, 07:23:55 PM »

A clown
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2022, 01:38:07 PM »

The funniest bronz post was him saying "are homogenous countries happier?" and his example "homogenous happy" state was Nigeria. This is a man who could distinguish between Italian communities based on whether they had initially emigrated from Messina or Palermo, and his stance on Nigeria was "eh, they're all black over there".

Probably his Mike Pence fanboy posts from 2014/2015. Remember when he used to call Mike Pence a “soothing midwesterner” all the time?

damn was that him? I remember that being a bit of received atlas wisdom that was hilariously discordant with the rise of Trump.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2022, 01:46:13 PM »

The funniest bronz post was him saying "are homogenous countries happier?" and his example "homogenous happy" state was Nigeria. This is a man who could distinguish between Italian communities based on whether they had initially emigrated from Messina or Palermo, and his stance on Nigeria was "eh, they're all black over there".

damn was that him? I remember that being a bit of received atlas wisdom that was hilariously discordant with the rise of Trump.
That was pretty hilarious and so bronz but my favorite post of his was after Jeff Sessions was nominated as Attorney General he said that liberals can't complain about him because they wouldn't complain about "Attorney General Shaun King" if Hillary had won.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »

In retrospect, the funniest part was that opebo lasted just a couple of months before rejoining the forum under a pseudonym.

I was hoping that someone would call me crazy for posting this. It's the sort of thing that cannot be unseen once noticed. Bronz makes more sense once you read some his writing as "in character" and other bits as not.

The gig is up at this point, so I trust that I'm not spoiling anything with the observation.

e: Try reading this in anyone else's voice:

No.

The guy almost shot a Black while he was jogging.

He can't. No. No.

Bronz at his best reminds me of the legendary Van Der Blubb, actually.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2022, 01:17:34 PM »

The ban was unjustified, but it was revelatory about many.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies