Would you support requiring Puerto Rico to adopt English-language education for statehood?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:16:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you support requiring Puerto Rico to adopt English-language education for statehood?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Would you support requiring Puerto Rico to adopt English-language education for statehood?  (Read 746 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2022, 06:40:36 AM »
« edited: May 18, 2022, 06:59:00 AM by tack50 »

I mean, I would certainly require PR to offer English classes in Schools but I am pretty sure they already donso just like every other non-English speaking country.

Forcing all-English education would be incredibly stupid as well as incredibly intrusive into a full blown state. And I say that as someone who does think the US should have English as its national language! But the two are not incompatible

Imo PR should give parents the option of all-English; all-Spanish or 50-50 education; which seems like the easiest solution to me tbh. Though the supply of English speaking teachers in PR might be low so this might not be doable. But even if PR wants to do all Spanish education; that should not be a red line for statehood
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies