Setting the World on Fire - A Timeline of the 3rd World War and the Homefront
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:53:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Setting the World on Fire - A Timeline of the 3rd World War and the Homefront
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Setting the World on Fire - A Timeline of the 3rd World War and the Homefront  (Read 594 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:52:40 PM »

The world in the lead-up to the Third World War was unstable to say the least. Ever since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, the World had been uneasy with United States supremacy having an, at best, shaky grasp of global dominance. Throughout this period, the East Asian Nation of China would use it as their chance to grow in power and influence globally. By the 2020s, with the start of the Covid-19 Pandemic, it was clear the world was teetering on the brink of war. However, no one expected the Third World War to occur anytime soon, as no one would be insane enough to try that very thing. Perhaps, that was what everyone thought in the lead-up to the war. "Oh, Russia is just sable-rattling." "China won't invade Taiwan, don't be silly." "The United States is the global hegemon, why would Russia and China challenge them and risk their economies?"

Of course, sadly, all these individuals who rejected the idea of a WW3 would be proven wrong when, on February 24th, 2022, the Nations of China, North Korea, Pakistan, and Russia, working together as a group declared to the Beijing Pact, launched invasions of Taiwan, South Korea, India, and Ukraine in a blitz that caught the world by storm. The United Nations gave the Beijing Pact a 72 hour deadline to withdraw, but this only revealed the divides that had emerged inside the organization as some nations wished to remain neutral, some nations openly backed the Beijing Pact, and some begged for American intervention. The February 27th deadline came and went and the Beijing Pact had only continued their invasions. Thus, seeing no other choice, President of the United States of America, Joe Biden, would announce that America would officially involve itself in the War with the order to begin immediate mobilization of all forces to be deployed abroad before calling upon the allies of the United States to follow suit.

For the first time since the Second World War, multiple Great Powers were at war with one another in what is likely to be the bloodiest chapter in all of human history. All leaders seemingly had a gentleman's agreement to not use nukes in the conflict, even when one side was clearly losing, believing they'd much rather be remembered for losing a war than as the one to set off the spark that destroyed mankind. As the world mobilized and gathered its forces, battle plans would begin to be negotiated. One can only guess what was in the minds of all the leaders of the conflict, but one thought is likely true "This is it. All or Nothing!"
Start of a New TL, this will be exploring the ramifications of a Non-nuclear World War 3 that starts in February and continues further on what happens back home on the homefront. Now, I'll need you guys to help me with this timeline, for troop movements, geopolitics, maps, and the like as well as people who you want to see the PoV of. Don't worry, I'll still be working on my President Infinity from 1789-Present TL, but this will be for when I'm experiencing writer's block and want to work on something to waste time. If interested in helping me, please pm/dm me. I'll try to be unbiased in everything I write here, so if you think I'm holding an unfair/overly fair view of something, please let me know and I'll edit it to be better. So hope you enjoy this TL and all that happens from it and again, if you're interested in helping, please message me. Thanks.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:10:42 AM »

Great timeline! I would add Iran as a member of the Beijing Pact however, as Iran has military treaties with Russia and China and is actively helping Russia in Ukraine with troops and supplies. Looking forward to the timeline!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 10:13:19 AM »

Great timeline! I would add Iran as a member of the Beijing Pact however, as Iran has military treaties with Russia and China and is actively helping Russia in Ukraine with troops and supplies. Looking forward to the timeline!

They are. I'm actually working on all the fronts and theatres as well as major battles and campaign of the TL. If you're interested in seeing what I got so far, please lmk via a PM and I'll send you the links of what I have. (Note, the New Delhi Offensive and Ganges Campaign will be the ones that will see a lot of battles and fighting all over the place due to how massive both will be)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 02:25:39 PM »

Seems like an interesting and exciting TL, can’t wait!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »

Seems like an interesting and exciting TL, can’t wait!

Again, since this will be a massive project that will cover all 8 and a half years of the conflict from it's biggest campaigns, bloodiest battles, and shocking moments, I'll need help with writing up how the fronts go. If interested in helping me, please dm.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies