NetChoice v. Paxton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:46:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NetChoice v. Paxton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NetChoice v. Paxton  (Read 466 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: May 13, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »

Either social media companies should have to abide by the first amendment OR they should have section 230 protections removed from them
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 04:49:18 PM »

Either social media companies should have to abide by the first amendment OR they should have section 230 protections removed from them

When you become a Republican do you have to get your brain wiped to erase any basic understanding of American civics, or are you guys just born f---ing braindead?  How many times do people have to tell you that the first amendment doesn't apply to private corporations regulating usage of their own software?  A hundred?  Ten thousand?  A million?  I have to self-censor in this very post -- can't say "f--king" like I want to -- do you honestly believe that this is Dave and Virginia violating my first amendment rights?

do you know what the word Or means
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 04:55:31 PM »

Section 230 being removed is a road to a way more controlled internet and would accomplish the opposite of what intend. Section 230 being gone would be WORSE than the status quo.

Sure but social media companies who censor the way twitter has become cannot reasonably say they aren't responsible for what is posted on their platforms.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 05:04:10 PM »

When you become a Republican do you have to get your brain wiped to erase any basic understanding of American civics, or are you guys just born f---ing braindead?  How many times do people have to tell you that the first amendment doesn't apply to private corporations regulating usage of their own software?  A hundred?  Ten thousand?  A million?  I have to self-censor in this very post -- can't say "f--king" like I want to -- do you honestly believe that this is Dave and Virginia violating my first amendment rights?

do you know what the word Or means

They are already "abiding by the first amendment" because the first amendment says absolutely nothing about how private companies self-regulate usage of their platforms.

I was obviously meaning by the principles of it . Anyway if these companies want liability protections then yes they should not be able to censor the way they have been.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies