Can men be raped?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:43:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can men be raped?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Author Topic: Can men be raped?  (Read 2067 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2022, 01:06:49 AM »

AS a guy who got my ass grabbed in a public mens room, yes.

that isn't rape?

Lawer didn't say that. His point is that men can be sexually harrassed and/or assaulted as well. 
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2022, 09:17:06 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2022, 01:36:17 PM by PSOL »

that isn't rape?
Sexual harassment and/or sexual assault in my book with a possible intent to rape depending on the intent of the grabber, but I don’t know how local and federal jurisdictions handle that

Isn’t this only believed by TERFs?

Not even, though I could envision a MacKinnonite argument that only men can rape.
Ok, looking this up I’m not even seeing this hold traction in vulgar and fringe Radfem circles

I think the girl you were talking to man is just some crazy rando with no connection to reality.

Ah yes. Today during our diversity seminar she called herself 'middle class', despite living in a $4 Million house.
Under a right definition she might be, but I doubt she meant it like that. Yeah this lady has no connection with reality.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2022, 10:26:17 AM »

that isn't rape?

Lawer didn't say that. His point is that men can be sexually harrassed and/or assaulted as well. 

Nobody is saying they can't, and that is not what this thread is about.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2022, 01:33:39 PM »

Of course they can get raped, how is that even a question?

By both other men as well as women. Of course, the latter is way less common than by men or vise versa. Not that long ago I read about a German woman charged of rape after she performed oral s*x with a guy at sleep who didn't want it. There are also cases of boys abused by adult women.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2022, 06:55:41 PM »

Since we're debating this, yes, I have absolutely seen RadFems argue that men can't be raped, although as I said it is very fringe. Saying that only men can rape is more mainstream because they define right and wrong around "pOWUr diFerEntIAlS" instead of the merits of what a person does, but that still means gay male rape could happen.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

Saying that only men can rape is more mainstream because they define right and wrong around "pOWUr diFerEntIAlS" instead of the merits of what a person does

Even by this definition that assertion fails, because a rapist clearly holds inherent power over their victim by virtue of doing that to them.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2022, 06:27:25 PM »

Saying that only men can rape is more mainstream because they define right and wrong around "pOWUr diFerEntIAlS" instead of the merits of what a person does

Even by this definition that assertion fails, because a rapist clearly holds inherent power over their victim by virtue of doing that to them.

I agree, but that's the problem with all these "power differential" based moral arguments. If someone does a thing then obviously you had the power to do the thing. It's more self evidently wrong to make that argument about rape than rioting or hate speech to name a couple examples but the argument doesn't make sense in either case.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »

Anyone can be raped, our society just does a terrible job of acknowledging male victims.

Or acknowledging female predators.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2022, 01:36:09 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2022, 01:52:34 AM by Supporter and promoter of anti-white racism »

I agree, but that's the problem with all these "power differential" based moral arguments. If someone does a thing then obviously you had the power to do the thing. It's more self evidently wrong to make that argument about rape than rioting or hate speech to name a couple examples but the argument doesn't make sense in either case.

The "power differential" thing makes some sense if you're analyzing the cumulative amount of harm that one person or group can do to another by performing the same action or set of actions, but increasingly I think that that's too consequentialist for me to be comfortable fully agreeing with. And I've certainly never had any truck or trade with applying it to sexual abuse of any form.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2022, 06:37:35 AM »

Ok, looking this up I’m not even seeing this hold traction in vulgar and fringe Radfem circles

I think the girl you were talking to man is just some crazy rando with no connection to reality.

You could have stopped at "RadFem". Attempting to Differentiate with "crazy rando with no connection to reality" doesn't work cause it's a tautology Wink
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2022, 02:38:36 PM »

You could have stopped at "RadFem". Attempting to Differentiate with "crazy rando with no connection to reality" doesn't work cause it's a tautology Wink
Contrary to popular belief, there are sane radfems out there.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2022, 03:01:14 PM »

Yes. Furthermore, male rape is often ignored by society
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2022, 11:51:43 AM »

I mean, yeah obviously. Society does a terrible job at dealing with the small amount of males raped, but it is absolutely possible.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2022, 07:00:08 AM »

Oh look, it's Atlas asking a question. 
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2022, 02:59:28 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, there are sane radfems out there.

I think you mean sane feminists. RadFems are by definition insane, that's why they are classified differently.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies