What exactly is wrong with Irish or Italians specifically converting to Protestantism? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:06:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  What exactly is wrong with Irish or Italians specifically converting to Protestantism? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What exactly is wrong with Irish or Italians specifically converting to Protestantism?  (Read 2228 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: May 12, 2022, 05:10:04 PM »

It usually represents a nasty turn towards elitist conservatism common among newly rich social climbers. Evangelical converts are more likely to be zealous authoritarians than cultural Catholics.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 06:13:29 PM »

It usually represents a nasty turn towards elitist conservatism common among newly rich social climbers. Evangelical converts are more likely to be zealous authoritarians than cultural Catholics.
People here get bent out of shape even if it's converting to a liberal mainline denomination though.
Oh yes, I forgot the path that leads them becoming UMC liberal wasps who also throw out their culture.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 10:10:39 PM »

Nothing specifically wrong with it.

I actually find the inverse to be truer. When I think of "nasty elitist conservative zealous authoritarian social climbers," Catholic converts are the first thing that spring to mind.

Yeah, "ambitious conservative writer converts to Catholicism" is a bit of a meme on the right at this point. I

Indeed there is much lamenting in segments of the religious right that Evangelicals are basically foot soldiers for a movement whose intelligentsia is mostly Catholic.
Know I was referring to those whose origins are from lower stratas of the working class or who come from those families, but middle class converts to catholicism is also common yeah
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies