Deputies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deputies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deputies  (Read 261 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2022, 12:07:06 AM »

Right, as hilarious as the rest of S019’s recent arguments have been, we do actually need to discuss the rash of Deputy positions being created. I think we have at last count a Deputy AG, Deputy SoFE, and Deputy GM? Correct me if there are others.

Of these positions I can really only see the last one being of actual use given how GM is increasingly beyond the capabilities of a single player. This seems like precisely the wrong time to create a Deputy SoFE. Still not entirely sure what a Deputy AG would do that Tim isn’t already acknowledging.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 01:13:49 AM »

Deputy AG is the one I feel the most unsure about; really no idea what it's doing. I'm already not sure how I feel about the splitting off of domestic duties to the SoIA; was never sure what that office was doing when it existed previously; even when there was a semi active administration and a semi-active GM team in correspondence it felt like the SoIA was there mostly just to be there. The Deputy AG on top of that just seems like way too much.

Deputy SoFE is something that there is precedent for otoh. Mostly to check the work of and substitute for the SoFE; not really a full position in terms of workload. My bigger question is just: what is going on with the SoFE office in the first place? Peebs was first named reappointed, but never had her nomination sent to the Senate. Then the President indicated she was accepting applications for a new SoFE but was vague on the details of this. Now the creation of the Deputy SoFE and Battista named for it; while the SoFE position itself is still officially vacant and no nominee has been sent to the Senate. I would really appreciate it if the administration could tell us what's going on here.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 01:26:56 AM »

Also, wait, we have a nomination to a Deputy GM position that doesn't exist? The bill to abolish the CG and restore the Deputy seems to have failed in the Senate. So there is no position to be nominating to.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 06:15:01 PM »

Vigorous questioning as to mission, purpose, objective is in order in confirmations process and if not satisfied take the appropriate action.

As to the GM one has anyone discussed the legalities with the President?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 06:24:05 PM »

To be clear, I don’t mean for these positions to be filled every administration. I’m just leaving it out there for a better future. As for the legality? Plenty of offices have been created through executive action.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 10:35:45 PM »

To be clear, I don’t mean for these positions to be filled every administration. I’m just leaving it out there for a better future. As for the legality? Plenty of offices have been created through executive action.
Well the position of Attorney General was established by the President via executive order, the position of Game Moderator was established by legislation and as a result, one cannot establish a position with some of the duties of the Game Moderator without modifying the legislation establishing the Game Moderator.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 10:41:40 PM »

Well the position of Attorney General was established by the President via executive order, the position of Game Moderator was established by legislation and as a result, one cannot establish a position with some of the duties of the Game Moderator without modifying the legislation establishing the Game Moderator.
I had previously thought the office of deputy general moderator was a previously established office by statute?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:17 PM »

I had previously thought the office of deputy general moderator was a previously established office by statute?
It was; but the office was abolished when the Game Engine Reconstruction Act passed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 10:53:30 PM »

It was abolished in 2019 and replaced with the Comptroller General with the idea that the GM handles stories and the CG the numbers. The CG has been vacant.

There was a bill on the floor that would have recreated the Deputy GM but it was decided unwise for it to pass with OBD as President so a bunch of us in the "Save Atlasia" movement voted nay.

Also as a general guide:
Office Origination Types:
Constitutional: Office name, powers and selection determined by Constitution -like President or VP
Statutory: Likewise but by law instead of constitution - GM
Executive: The power belongs to the President to delegate via EO - the Cabinet

Pre-reset it wasn't this clear cut. SoIA and SoEA (SoS) were referenced by the constitution and thus became constitutional offices: https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=North_Carolina_Yankee_vs._Atlasia

This problem with the Third Constitution is why the President was given so much authority in 2016 under the Fourth Constitution, and the Fifth didn't really modify the Presidency much last year. At the same time it is what allowed OBD to consolidate the whole cabinet into Truman and also to fire the SoFE. That would "possibly" not have been possible pre-reset, though it depends on what someone accidentally put in the third constitution, rather then some stroke of genius on the part of Purple State and the crew back in 2010.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies