People are still overestimating Ron DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  People are still overestimating Ron DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: People are still overestimating Ron DeSantis  (Read 1886 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2022, 01:49:53 AM »

The Rs don't have anyone else but Pence all three don't appeal to blks supporters but Bush W got 40% of the Latino vote actually Rubio would be the strongest to crack the blue wall but Rs don't want him due to amnesty, just because DeSantis wins FL doesn't mean he appeals to black voters
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2022, 04:58:01 PM »

If we're talking about his chances of beating Trump in a primary, I agree. I don't think a Trump vs. DeSantis primary would be the least bit interesting. Way too soon to say for sure what kind of GE candidate he'd be, though my guess is he'd pretty much be a generic Republican, so I guess he's both overestimated and underestimated in that regard.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2022, 06:36:40 PM »

If we're talking about his chances of beating Trump in a primary, I agree. I don't think a Trump vs. DeSantis primary would be the least bit interesting. Way too soon to say for sure what kind of GE candidate he'd be, though my guess is he'd pretty much be a generic Republican, so I guess he's both overestimated and underestimated in that regard.
To be completely clear, I’m talking about a Trump-less primary.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2022, 03:52:56 AM »

In a Trumpless primary, he has a great shot.  But here in reality he should aspire to Trump's VP. 

In a GE he has nearly all of the benefits of Trump but with a bit less anti-Trump Dem turnout.  He's a formidable candidate, at least on paper.  Although his chances in Michigan would be iffy, he has a better chance than Trump in Arizona which negates that (both are a solid fit for Nevada).

Also, in a primary he'd run as someone in the middle of the GOP politically, like Trump (16).  Not a right wing accelerationist, and not a centrist squish.  That keeps his appeal broad, and he's been a loyal defender of Trump (as Trump is largely the reason he's Governor in the first place, and he knows it).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2022, 07:25:37 AM »

I disagree. DeSantis has a good chance at winning.

And anyway, after 2016 we'd be fools to underestimate literally anyone ever again.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies