Madison Cawthorn…..yikes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 02:18:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Madison Cawthorn…..yikes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Madison Cawthorn…..yikes  (Read 4764 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2022, 10:19:42 AM »

So, I refuse to infect my phone or laptop with whatever this link is, or watch it because, ick, but I take it from the context that there is some video that appears to show Madison cawthorn having gay sex?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2022, 10:44:19 AM »

A scandal a day
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »

So, I refuse to infect my phone or laptop with whatever this link is, or watch it because, ick, but I take it from the context that there is some video that appears to show Madison cawthorn having gay sex?
Yes. With his cousin.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2022, 11:52:42 AM »

I know that bipartisanship is dead, but this idiot really is a liability for the GOP even by their standards, and I think even some in the party's leadership are recognizing that.

So, when the North Carolina Supreme Court flips Republican this year and they inevitability overturn the current fair congressional district map, can we all agree that no matter what f***ery is intended to make the map a GOP gerrymander, that Cawthorn gets drawn into a safe Democratic district? You can at least bear to part with him, right? I think that's as fair of a compromise as we all can come to for the next maps and can all be content with.

No they didn't do that, but they actually did draw the most Democratic district possible for him in their original map. They hate him so much
I drew a similar district in numerous non-partisan maps of NC over the 2010s too. Under 2010s numbers, it is possible to draw an entire district taking in every county in the hills.
It's quite a logical district to draw, one of two logical ways to do it.

It's definitely a reasonable way to draw it but even the Democratic proposals didn't have it. The point is to show the NC GOP hates him.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2022, 12:08:58 PM »

Eeeeeeh, it's homoerotic horseplay of the 'drunk fratboys' variety, but it's a stretch to call it an actual sex tape.
kyc0705

« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2022, 12:24:23 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2022, 08:46:37 PM by kyc0705 »

This is for normie cons, who are homophobic af and do not understand bro culture since most did not even go to college. Good example of how a lot of conservatives, especially online, still live in the same bubble they (often rightly) accuse college-educated liberals of occupying, they just dislike it; doesn't mean they're any less shortsighted when it comes to voters outside their sphere of understanding.

100%. Granted, I'm just one gay guy speaking from my own experience, but when I saw the video, I definitely didn't come away with the impression that this was proof that Cawthorn is gay or whatever. If anything, it's the opposite, but it's hard to explain to someone who doesn't have the right cultural context. It proves you can indeed be a guy, hump your guy friend's body while naked, and still not have anything about it seem sincerely homoerotic. It's just weirdly aggressive and not at all sexual.

Now, there have been quite a few (presumably straight) college-educated liberals who have not been able to draw this distinction. I've heard it suggested that it's probably because these are not the kind of people who interacted a lot with frat guys in college, which does bring us back into discussion of social bubbles. That video is a lot of things, but it's not proof of the trope that all anti-LGBT men are secretly gay, which is what some people have been not-so-subtly suggesting.

(But the whole cousin aspect, of course, is not explainable in any context, if that's indeed who that was.)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2022, 12:52:17 PM »

People saying this is just drunk fratboy behavior(they mean white dudes but won't say it) like it's some legit excuse to shove your penis in somebody's face.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »

People saying this is just drunk fratboy behavior(they mean white dudes but won't say it) like it's some legit excuse to shove your penis in somebody's face.

Nah that is def assault and there's no excuse for it, I want to be clear here.
kwabbit

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2022, 01:12:15 PM »

Is cawthorn able to walk? He’s in a wheelchair but has enough control of his lower body to thrust. I thought he was incapable of having sex until that video but he looked quite able.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2022, 01:56:15 PM »

Is there any evidence that this wasn't consensual?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2022, 02:08:54 PM »

In this case I'm not sure what going on there but

“DANGER WARNING”:
WOMEN SAY MADISON CAWTHORN HARASSED THEM IN COLLEGE

This is an alarming pattern of behavior.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2022, 02:14:11 PM »

The cousin is an employee although I think this was befofe.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2022, 02:29:54 PM »

Is this guy Cawthorn's first or second cousin?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2022, 02:32:14 PM »

Not sure, but unless they're your fourth cousin or further it's weird af. Maybe not quite as unethical when both are of the same sex since there's no chance of bringing a very deformed, sick baby into the world, but pretty gross nonetheless.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »

I know that bipartisanship is dead, but this idiot really is a liability for the GOP even by their standards, and I think even some in the party's leadership are recognizing that.

So, when the North Carolina Supreme Court flips Republican this year and they inevitability overturn the current fair congressional district map, can we all agree that no matter what f***ery is intended to make the map a GOP gerrymander, that Cawthorn gets drawn into a safe Democratic district? You can at least bear to part with him, right? I think that's as fair of a compromise as we all can come to for the next maps and can all be content with.

No they didn't do that, but they actually did draw the most Democratic district possible for him in their original map. They hate him so much
I drew a similar district in numerous non-partisan maps of NC over the 2010s too. Under 2010s numbers, it is possible to draw an entire district taking in every county in the hills.
It's quite a logical district to draw, one of two logical ways to do it.

It's definitely a reasonable way to draw it but even the Democratic proposals didn't have it. The point is to show the NC GOP hates him.
Fair.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2022, 04:13:51 PM »

How do you know they didn't consent?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2022, 04:28:52 PM »

Honestly at this rate we'll find out he killed someone tomorrow.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2022, 04:56:47 PM »

Some….one? You gotta think bigger, bruv. I mean, he’s at least had sex with a dead body, right…or at least an alligator or something.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2022, 05:00:50 PM »

My money is on he isn’t even disabled
Asta

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2022, 05:04:00 PM »

Are kids in Florida schools allowed to talk about Madison Cawthorn yet?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2022, 05:14:49 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

How do you know they didn't consent?

I don't really care about this beyond it just being another thing to add to the pile, but Cawthorn describes it as screwing around with his college buddies -- "being crass with a friend", etc. etc.

To me, this reads as "the guy didn't know I was putting my penis in his face." IOW, the non-consent is what he found so amusing about this.  

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2022, 05:26:19 PM »

Let's get one thing clear: I don't care how dumb straight guys tend to be, this wasn't some sort of assault. Dude's grown-ass cousin is in bed with him naked. Sorry, but as a known gay, I'm not going to be in a bed naked with another man unless I'm wanting to bone or we're lost in the wilderness and huddling for warmth. It was obviously planned and acted out based on the timing of the behavior beginning once the video started. One or both were obviously looking for ways to act out their sinful desires, even if it was "for fun" or whatever.

So let's just make fun of the anti-gay bro for doing gay stuff and not try to spin a prude angle on this when there isn't one.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2022, 05:39:53 PM »

What I’ve heard is third.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2022, 06:15:59 PM »

It is funny how the last congresscritter to accuse their Republican colleagues of a sex scandal was also from NC(Walter Jones) The difference is Jones was one of the best members of congress while Cawthorn is one of the worst.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »

Well that changes everything! complete nothingburger!!

Who amongst us haven’t helicoptered in front of our third cousins face?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies