SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:39:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 101476 times)
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« on: May 03, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »

Again, people, look at what happened at Ceausescu's Romania after he outlawed abortion. It didn't stop abortion. It just pushed into back alleys where a lot of women died because they didn't have access to the care they needed.

Not only did a lot of women die as a result of abortions performed in some back alley, behind some dirty curtains, but many more were left with lifelong disabilities.

I should know, as I was born there. My parents grew up under his regime. Grandpa's best friend had a sister who had such an abortion in her early twenties and this left her unable to have children ever again. And I've heard many more stories just like that or (far) worse.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 01:50:13 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2022, 01:58:48 PM by Dr. Frankenstein »

Well, there's only one conclusion. That 235-year-old document you hold so dear is in dire need of a 21st century-worthy replacement. Preferably with a provision stating that you must revisit it at least once every few decades. And while you're at it, make sure your highest court cannot be populated by partisan hacks and that their tenure is limited to 10-15 years max.

I am afraid that the alternative would be an uncontrolled descent into total chaos.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 02:11:43 PM »

Well, there's only one conclusion. That 235-year-old document you hold so dear is in dire need of a 21st century-worthy replacement. Preferably with a provision stating that you must revisit it at least once every few decades. And while you're at it, make sure your highest court cannot be populated by partisan hacks and that their tenure is limited to 10-15 years max.

I am afraid that the alternative would an uncontrolled descent into total chaos.

I think for many, that's the point.

I don't think so, because that scenario is one they cannot control. And their ultimate desire is to be in control. The same could be said for the other extreme of the political spectrum.

The problem is that 70% of the population is somewhere in the middle. And all they want is sensible, reasonable policies. Of course, some lean more conservative, some more progressive. But ultimately, they are not against compromise or common sense. Of course, this is not possible in this environment/within the current framework.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 11:55:35 AM »

Where's our evangelical posters to defend this Ohio garbage? Oh wait. They must be protesting in support of universal healthcare and free school lunch the pro-lifers they are.

I'd say that what someone did to the girl is awful and indefensible.  With that said, taking an innocent life will not right the wrong of what was done.  That baby didn't do anything wrong; how they were conceived was not their fault.  Killing him or her would be like killing an innocent bystander to a crime.

Just to be clear: you want this 10-year-old girl to carry an incestuous rapist's baby to term, regardless of the high risk to both herself and the baby (with a mother that young) and the high likelihood of emotional and physical damage?

Would you adopt that baby?

Please answer yes or no to all questions.

Still waiting for the answers...

Still waiting...

My apologies.  I try to avoid getting into flamewar type threads.  But, yes, I believe that the baby in question deserves a chance to live.  Then, the mother definitely can put him or her up for adoption.  There are a myriad of ways that Christians can and do support pro-life ideals beyond just advocating for abortion to be illegal.  We do adopt at much higher rates than the general public and, often through tithing, directly support organizations that help these women.  If I ever feel that God is telling me personally (or me and my future wife) to adopt, then I'd definitely listen.

You people are beyond any help...
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 03:49:04 PM »

Gee, and I fool really thought that overturning Roe was only about giving the power back to the states. It's like the GOP is actively trying to lose in November. That used to be a thing their opponents did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies