SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 101424 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 02, 2022, 07:52:04 PM »

I never thought I would see the day. This is such a beautiful moment for life and our country.

I’m overjoyed.
You guys destroyed the legitimacy of the Supreme Court to achieve this but sure act like this a good thing for the country
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:22:40 PM »

how the hell did we get from discussing abortion to arguing over the proper terminology of what to call someone who is trans and pregnant?
This thread is over 30 pages long. This is remarkably on-topic considering that.
Seriously the Georgia run off last year turned into Jon Ossoff gay erotic fanfic by page 15
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 06:35:01 PM »

I swear this site has a obnoxious pocket of posters with a deeply unhealthy distain for trans people.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 10:48:09 PM »

Oh goodie we are nearing the part were the posters who support the party that thinks what happened on 01/06th was no big deal are going to clutch their pearls over loud protesting 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 08:40:29 AM »

I just noticed that OSR never provided any proof that the address actually got leaked
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 03:05:29 PM »

And yeah guys, I was obviously at "the insurrection". Total Trump fanboy here, which is why I never voted for him. Deranged hacks.
Press (x) for doubt

Really, so we're gonna start randomly speculating about who people did and didn't vote for even when they explicitly say otherwise? I think it's a pretty well-established rule that we should give people the benefit of the doubt when they say things like this.
It’s more than fair given electionguy posting history when it comes to either 01/06th, the legitimacy of the 2020 election, etc.. that read as about as generic of a partisan Trumper to have serious doubts on his calm that he didn’t actually vote for him

While you can lie about me, I have receipts. December, 2020:

The irresponsible and dangerous discourse on the right about the election being rigged is actively hurting their chances and causing a GOP civil war in this state and Arizona, and I do think there's a real chance that Democrats may win both of these seats because of that alone. I do think though when it comes down to it, vast majority people understand the existential nature of these elections and will not sit out and don't actually buy into their own BS about their vote not counting.

These elections are going to be difficult to predict. On one hand, you have historical GOP overperformance in runoffs and the fact that they already won more votes than Democrats in November, but on the other, the polling already looks slightly worse for them and it's never been the case before that Georgia runoffs decide Senate control, so everyone has reasons to vote. I reluctantly think the GOP wins both by 0-2%. And I don't buy that there'll be a large seperation between the two.

Jan 6th, before the capital storming:

Likely D.  Georgia is gone for the GOP.

This is nonsense. Republicans self-destructed these past two months. Maybe if the party can get their [   ] together and stop destroying people's trust in the system, and stop the intraparty fighting they can win again. You didn't have that on the Democratic side, and you didn't have that on the Republican side in November. Now you not only have this result you also have much more vulnerable statewide positions to defend in 2022 as a result of Trump's tantrums and intraparty fighting. This is the most consequential and damaging self-own I've ever seen in US congressional history. Republicans would've had these two seats if the same electorate would've shown up and very few people changed their minds. Instead, a combination of relatively higher turnout among Dems and disdain for the toxic rhetoric about a rigged election among independents gave Democrats both of these races. Republicans need to think about this going forward, about how badly they screwed this up and how costly it was and how it can be avoided in the future (hint: Don't have a selfish egomaniac as your presidential candidate!)

"partisan Trumper". How much more do you want to get embarrassed? I can post more examples.
You argued in multiple threads earlier this year that 2020 was rigged because Twitter and Facebook cracked down on bot spamming and the Hunter Biden lab-top story
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 11:22:19 AM »

In addition to the fact that the Alito moving story turned out to be fake to just put this outrage over the peaceful home protesting into perspective
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 09:25:47 AM »

Let this be a lesson that every rwer and blue avatar who cries about “judicial activism” is arguing in bad faith
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 10:14:48 AM »

Let this be a lesson that every rwer and blue avatar who cries about “judicial activism” is arguing in bad faith

Lol at the idea that reversing a decision that said the voters do not have a say in what abortion law is through their elected officials is judicial activism .
So if the SCOTUS overturn all the civil rights laws and said that issue like segregation are state issues again you think that would be the ultimate form of democracy?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »

When I think of doing Yahweh’s will the first thing that comes to wind is destroying democratic institutions and ripping children away from their parents and shoving them in cages
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 06:58:51 AM »

“10 year olds need to have their rapist child because libs on Twitter are mean” is really something
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 07:46:38 AM »

Kavanaugh was protested while dining at a Morton’s Steakhouse in Washington D.C.

Justices seem unhappy that they’re being exposed to the kind of vigorous free speech and dissent that Planned Parenthood had operated under for decades with their approval.
Look Kavanaugh is of the simple opinion that politics shouldn’t interfere with his personal life, granted his politics can interfere with yours but not vice versa
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies