SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 08:50:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 104001 times)
ConservativeRepublican
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: 1.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: May 08, 2022, 11:45:01 AM »

Goodbye Roe! This should have happened decades ago!

Why? Are you a female? Do you want the government telling you how to manage your body? Truly?

Or, if you are not a female, how come you think you have a right to tell women how to manage their bodies? Would you like the government to tell you how to manage yours? Truly?

Abortion is legalized murder. Why are you pro-murder?

Who says it's murder? You?
You're taking a human being and ending its life prematurely. That's murder.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1151 on: May 08, 2022, 11:51:46 AM »

Why? Are you a female? Do you want the government telling you how to manage your body? Truly?

Or, if you are not a female, how come you think you have a right to tell women how to manage their bodies? Would you like the government to tell you how to manage yours? Truly?

Who says it's murder? You?
You're taking a human being and ending its life prematurely. That's murder.

Who says it is a human being at that point? You? Science? The Church? The Government? Is the fetus viable outside of the womb? What are you "murdering", specifically?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1152 on: May 08, 2022, 11:53:01 AM »

The death penalty is what is legalized murder, but you all love that. And no, "they deserve it" is not an answer.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1153 on: May 08, 2022, 11:53:45 AM »

I don't think we'd be hearing the same excuses if there was a screaming mob outside a liberal justice's house. There'd probably be a lot of "where are blue avatars to condemn this" instead.

I fully support their right to protest, but this is teetering on the edge of stability and can easily get dangerous with just one violent person.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1154 on: May 08, 2022, 12:04:30 PM »

I don't think we'd be hearing the same excuses if there was a screaming mob outside a liberal justice's house. There'd probably be a lot of "where are blue avatars to condemn this" instead.

I fully support their right to protest, but this is teetering on the edge of stability and can easily get dangerous with just one violent person.

The hypocrisy in your statement is stunning. If a liberal stated these words you'd be calling them a snowflake, woke and say they were overreacting. You all are for protests until they target you. And did you even condemn the insurrection?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1155 on: May 08, 2022, 12:05:06 PM »

Because without murder, Netflix documentaries would be nothing but amazing cakes and game show scandals. 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1156 on: May 08, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »

I agree absolutely. But I wish you'd similarly condemn the insurrectionists on January 6.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1157 on: May 08, 2022, 12:25:10 PM »

I agree absolutely. But I wish you'd similarly condemn the insurrectionists on January 6.

Uh excuse me? Of course I condemn all violence. When they hell have I ever not?

And yeah guys, I was obviously at "the insurrection". Total Trump fanboy here, which is why I never voted for him. Deranged hacks.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1158 on: May 08, 2022, 12:30:00 PM »

And yeah guys, I was obviously at "the insurrection". Total Trump fanboy here, which is why I never voted for him. Deranged hacks.

To be fair there were actual people at the capitol who didn't vote .
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #1159 on: May 08, 2022, 12:31:11 PM »

Men can have babies today Wink
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1160 on: May 08, 2022, 12:38:35 PM »

Fair enough. And don't get me wrong, I absolutely do not think you were at the insurrection:

The hypocrisy in your statement is stunning. If a liberal stated these words you'd be calling them a snowflake, woke and say they were overreacting. You all are for protests until they target you. And did you even condemn the insurrection?

Are you kidding? He was probably at the Insurrection.

Let's not cross a line here...This is a very serious and baseless accusation, and whether or not you disagree with somebody or think their stance on January 6 is totally wrong, accusing them of actually being there at the insurrection goes way too far.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1161 on: May 08, 2022, 12:52:57 PM »

Cool. I did vote and I've never been to any Trump rally, nontheless his Jan 6th one. In fact I've only attended one presidential rally in my life and that was Scott Walker's announcement in 2015 lol.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1162 on: May 08, 2022, 12:53:35 PM »

Cool. I did vote and I've never been to any Trump rally, nontheless his Jan 6th one. In fact I've only attended one presidential rally in my life and that was Scott Walker's announcement in 2015 lol.

Yeah I was never accusing you, I sometimes just to post some fun "devil's advocate" stuff for the fun.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1163 on: May 08, 2022, 01:01:58 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1164 on: May 08, 2022, 01:04:30 PM »

Yeah I was never accusing you, I sometimes just to post some fun "devil's advocate" stuff for the fun.

Ok, well apparently it needed to be cleared up.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #1165 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:28 PM »

Huh, same (as in going to one presidential rally).  I went to a Ted Cruz rally back in 2016.  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1166 on: May 08, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »

Press (x) for doubt

Really, so we're gonna start randomly speculating about who people did and didn't vote for even when they explicitly say otherwise? I think it's a pretty well-established rule that we should give people the benefit of the doubt when they say things like this.

They are probably being unfair, but there are limits to this BoD.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1167 on: May 08, 2022, 01:41:12 PM »

There was a protest outside his home last year. So it's not like no one knew his address before.

One of the first results when you type "Brett Kavanaugh private address" is a Washington Post story from 2018 where not only it says that the guy lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland, but it also literally shows a picture of his house. I found this out in 2 minutes, finding his exact address probably takes an average guy about 15 minutes lol

"But the leaker! Incitement of violence! Just as bad as Trump!!! 0011001"

Incidentally, have there been any reports of arrests at the protest at all? I mean, since comparing this to January 6th to justify belonging to an increasingly neo-facist party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1168 on: May 08, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »

Is it all this Forum gonna talk about is Roe it's going back to the states and as long as Biden has the veto pen no natl ban
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1169 on: May 08, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »

What I would honestly like to see with respect to abortion policy is this:

Assemble a distinguished panel of obstetricians, neuroscientists, and philosophers studying philosophy of mind and phenomology and task them with assembling a report with their consensus opinion on when human life/consciousness begins. 

We should agree in advance that whatever their decision is will be binding national abortion policy, with abortion always permitted before this point, and prohibited beyond this point with narrow excpetions.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1170 on: May 08, 2022, 02:03:09 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2022, 11:53:45 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Press (x) for doubt

Really, so we're gonna start randomly speculating about who people did and didn't vote for even when they explicitly say otherwise? I think it's a pretty well-established rule that we should give people the benefit of the doubt when they say things like this.

What "well established rule"? "Benefit of the doubt"?
I know two former trump supporters who voted for the Narsassitc Orange Pig, who have denied that they ever voted for him, even though they did back in 2016.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1171 on: May 08, 2022, 02:29:00 PM »

Press (x) for doubt

It’s more than fair given electionguy posting history when it comes to either 01/06th, the legitimacy of the 2020 election, etc.. that read as about as generic of a partisan Trumper to have serious doubts on his calm that he didn’t actually vote for him

While you can lie about me, I have receipts. December, 2020:

The irresponsible and dangerous discourse on the right about the election being rigged is actively hurting their chances and causing a GOP civil war in this state and Arizona, and I do think there's a real chance that Democrats may win both of these seats because of that alone. I do think though when it comes down to it, vast majority people understand the existential nature of these elections and will not sit out and don't actually buy into their own BS about their vote not counting.

These elections are going to be difficult to predict. On one hand, you have historical GOP overperformance in runoffs and the fact that they already won more votes than Democrats in November, but on the other, the polling already looks slightly worse for them and it's never been the case before that Georgia runoffs decide Senate control, so everyone has reasons to vote. I reluctantly think the GOP wins both by 0-2%. And I don't buy that there'll be a large seperation between the two.

Jan 6th, before the capital storming:

Likely D.  Georgia is gone for the GOP.

This is nonsense. Republicans self-destructed these past two months. Maybe if the party can get their [   ] together and stop destroying people's trust in the system, and stop the intraparty fighting they can win again. You didn't have that on the Democratic side, and you didn't have that on the Republican side in November. Now you not only have this result you also have much more vulnerable statewide positions to defend in 2022 as a result of Trump's tantrums and intraparty fighting. This is the most consequential and damaging self-own I've ever seen in US congressional history. Republicans would've had these two seats if the same electorate would've shown up and very few people changed their minds. Instead, a combination of relatively higher turnout among Dems and disdain for the toxic rhetoric about a rigged election among independents gave Democrats both of these races. Republicans need to think about this going forward, about how badly they screwed this up and how costly it was and how it can be avoided in the future (hint: Don't have a selfish egomaniac as your presidential candidate!)

"partisan Trumper". How much more do you want to get embarrassed? I can post more examples.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1172 on: May 08, 2022, 02:33:41 PM »

Press (x) for doubt

It’s more than fair given electionguy posting history when it comes to either 01/06th, the legitimacy of the 2020 election, etc.. that read as about as generic of a partisan Trumper to have serious doubts on his calm that he didn’t actually vote for him

While you can lie about me, I have receipts. December, 2020:

The irresponsible and dangerous discourse on the right about the election being rigged is actively hurting their chances and causing a GOP civil war in this state and Arizona, and I do think there's a real chance that Democrats may win both of these seats because of that alone. I do think though when it comes down to it, vast majority people understand the existential nature of these elections and will not sit out and don't actually buy into their own BS about their vote not counting.

These elections are going to be difficult to predict. On one hand, you have historical GOP overperformance in runoffs and the fact that they already won more votes than Democrats in November, but on the other, the polling already looks slightly worse for them and it's never been the case before that Georgia runoffs decide Senate control, so everyone has reasons to vote. I reluctantly think the GOP wins both by 0-2%. And I don't buy that there'll be a large seperation between the two.

Jan 6th, before the capital storming:

Likely D.  Georgia is gone for the GOP.

This is nonsense. Republicans self-destructed these past two months. Maybe if the party can get their [   ] together and stop destroying people's trust in the system, and stop the intraparty fighting they can win again. You didn't have that on the Democratic side, and you didn't have that on the Republican side in November. Now you not only have this result you also have much more vulnerable statewide positions to defend in 2022 as a result of Trump's tantrums and intraparty fighting. This is the most consequential and damaging self-own I've ever seen in US congressional history. Republicans would've had these two seats if the same electorate would've shown up and very few people changed their minds. Instead, a combination of relatively higher turnout among Dems and disdain for the toxic rhetoric about a rigged election among independents gave Democrats both of these races. Republicans need to think about this going forward, about how badly they screwed this up and how costly it was and how it can be avoided in the future (hint: Don't have a selfish egomaniac as your presidential candidate!)

"partisan Trumper". How much more do you want to get embarrassed? I can post more examples.

Selfie photos in the voting booth or it didn't happen. Tongue
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #1173 on: May 08, 2022, 02:47:01 PM »

Assemble a distinguished panel of obstetricians, neuroscientists, and philosophers studying philosophy of mind and phenomology and task them with assembling a report with their consensus opinion on when human life/consciousness begins.  

We should agree in advance that whatever their decision is will be binding national abortion policy, with abortion always permitted before this point, and prohibited beyond this point with narrow excpetions.

Good luck getting everybody to agree to..well, pretty much anything.  

"Why do THEY get to decide when life begins? I know that life begins at X."

And then we're right back to where we started. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1174 on: May 08, 2022, 02:56:18 PM »

Good luck getting everybody to agree to..well, pretty much anything.  

"Why do THEY get to decide when life begins? I know that life begins at X."

And then we're right back to where we started. 

Yeah. People who believe abortion is murder are never going to agree to any kind of point before which abortion is permitted. Like, they might as a temporary way to chip away at abortion, but as a permanent policy? No way.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies