Senate Committee Chairmanships announced
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Committee Chairmanships announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Senate Committee Chairmanships announced  (Read 8527 times)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 07:23:18 PM »

I think the Republican party has failed to make the case for the repeal of Roe vs. Wade.  The fact that Supreme Court nominees are afraid of addressing the subject proves that repealing it is a taboo, when it should not be.  Taking the right to privacy and perverting that to make abortion legal is the definition of judicial activism.

There are too many misconceptions about Roe v. Wade, the most important one being the idea that its repeal would make abortion totally illegal when in fact it would make it a state issue.

Repealing Roe v. Wade would not help the Democrats very much, nationally.  Blue states and most red states would keep abortion legal.  Only a handful of states like Utah and Idaho will make abortion illegal, where even a big swing to the Democrats would have nil electoral effect.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 07:24:04 PM »

I really wouldn't care as long abortions are illegal, nothing would be more crushing to femininists, gays, crazy lunatics, mental patients, and other peole who think murder is acceptable.  I would get such a long lasting high from that that no Democrat victory would phase me

I think you need to receive a little visit from the happy men in the white coats.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

I really wouldn't care as long abortions are illegal, nothing would be more crushing to femininists, gays, crazy lunatics, mental patients, and other peole who think murder is acceptable.  I would get such a long lasting high from that that no Democrat victory would phase me

Why do gays apparently think murder is acceptable?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

DWL would also have a great deal of difficulty in dealing with the fairly large body of 'post-feminist' feminists who are actually against abortion...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 07:42:33 PM »

DWL would also have a great deal of difficulty in dealing with the fairly large body of 'post-feminist' feminists who are actually against abortion...

I don't believe I ever criticized "post-feminists" ppl like Patricia Heaton, they are good Americans and upstanding citizens
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »

Byrd chairing Appropriations?  Are you fucking kidding me?!

We should start making bets on what the West Virginian version of the 'Bridge to Nowhere' will be.

While not exactly a Bridge to Nowhere, I wouldn't make any bets against I-68 being extended westward to connect Morganton with Parkersburg, an I-270 to connect Wheeling and Parkersburg, an I864 beltway around Charleston, or extending I-66 from Middleton VA to Cumberland, MD.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »

The Energy Committee is ours, do you hear that, all you other states?! *shakes fist* No matter which party is in power, NM owns Energy! Cheesy

That is because everyone wants to make you feel special in order to get your vote Smiley

Actually its because New Mexico is where we mine our uranium and the largest single chunk of the department is the old AEC and their bomb making sites.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 07:53:48 PM »

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 07:56:59 PM »

For that matter, what do patients in mental asylums have to do with abortion?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:31 PM »

As I said...

I think you need to receive a little visit from the happy men in the white coats.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »

As I said...

They are crazy and therefore can't distingusih right from wrong
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 08:08:18 PM »

That faint sound you can hear is the very last shred of DWDL's credibility leaving the forum.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »

DownWithTheLeft, did your parents really do this thorough of a job of brainwashing you to hate those who you disagree with, or was this a voluntary choice?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the belief that the opposition is inherently evil is a very insular view.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »

DownWithTheLeft, did your parents really do this thorough of a job of brainwashing you to hate those who you disagree with, or was this a voluntary choice?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the belief that the opposition is inherently evil is a very insular view.

My parent's anger me, especially my mom, b/c they don't see the dangers progressive liberal society presents
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 08:22:22 PM »

My parent's anger me, especially my mom, b/c they don't see the dangers progressive liberal society presents

What, then, convinced you that liberals are evil?  I am friends with a lot of liberals, and I know them well, and most of them are very decent people.  I may disagree with them, but they are not evil.  They want the best for America, their families and the world at large, as the overwhelming general rule.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

What, then, convinced you that liberals are evil?  I am friends with a lot of liberals, and I know them well, and most of them are very decent people.  I may disagree with them, but they are not evil.  They want the best for America, their families and the world at large, as the overwhelming general rule.

Believe me, living in NJ most of my friends are liberals, but there not these prancing in the street proud to be gay and baby killing liberals that are runing America, they are a small portion but they most be stopped.  I have a friend who is very liberal, but at least he realizes that people should be able to say "Merry Christmas" w/o fear of a lawsuit
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »

Believe me, living in NJ most of my friends are liberals, but there not these prancing in the street proud to be gay and baby killing liberals that are runing America, they are a small portion but they most be stopped.  I have a friend who is very liberal, but at least he realizes that people should be able to say "Merry Christmas" w/o fear of a lawsuit

So, in other words, you're directing all of your hate toward a very limited segment of the liberal population, even though a corresponding conservative population exists?  Just a convenient boogeyman?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »

So, in other words, you're directing all of your hate toward a very limited segment of the liberal population, even though a corresponding conservative population exists?  Just a convenient boogeyman?

The far-right only exists to counter the far-left, my view is only that if this people exist someone has to stop them, and I want to be one of those people
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 08:32:30 PM »

The far-right only exists to counter the far-left, my view is only that if this people exist someone has to stop them, and I want to be one of those people

Why can't you just flip that around and say the far left exists to counter the far right?  And why, when the far left is - as you say - "a small portion," do they need to be countered?  Can't you counter them without being far-right?  Why not try to work with those who aren't extreme, instead of wasting your time giving validity to those who are by treating them like their opinions are relevant to the discourse?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »

Conservatives and Liberals have their skeletons.

Conservatives were the staunch oppenents of Civil Rights for blacks because of non-existant bibilical quotes.  Liberals were always to soft on criminals.

Remember, I am talking ideology, not party.

Live in NJ and then tell me whether or not you don't puke at the word Democrat, James Democrats here would make you sick, there not normal Democrats
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

Why can't you just flip that around and say the far left exists to counter the far right?  And why, when the far left is - as you say - "a small portion," do they need to be countered?  Can't you counter them without being far-right?  Why not try to work with those who aren't extreme, instead of wasting your time giving validity to those who are by treating them like their opinions are relevant to the discourse?

Because I live in NJ and being a conservative Democrat making a hardcore right-wing extremist.

Anyway, I like being part of the far-right because shouldn't you go where you agree w/people?  I think America needs to keep family values and not give my money to lazy poor people.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 08:36:21 PM »

Fluff; at what stuff in your life did you become a fascist?
Conan
conan

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 08:36:38 PM »

You are insane.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 08:37:50 PM »

You are insane.

Taken from you, that is a compliment Smiley
Conan
conan

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Corzine and Blunt do the same things:

Finance their campaigns through illegal means, and they win their elections with voting machines.
That is extremely false. How did Corzine finance his campaign illegally?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies