Confirmation Hearing for Scott for the Vice Presidency (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing for Scott for the Vice Presidency (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing for Scott for the Vice Presidency (Confirmed)  (Read 1287 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 26, 2022, 09:31:41 PM »

It has been my experience that whenever Scott has through sheer misfortune, or desire to pursue other endeavors, to leave office, we have all been worse off for it.

Scott has thoroughly shown his commitments to the Senate as an institution through years as PPT and has shown dedication to the constitution many times over. I could wax on for hours about years of accomplishments, but they would only serve to expand the long list to which most are already familiar.

The nominee has my support.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 11:26:45 PM »

Would you seek to utilize the slots allotted as "potentially VP administered" under the rules?

b.) The sixteenth slot shall be reserved for national emergencies and administered by either the President of the Senate or the PPT.

c.) The seventeenth slot shall be reserved for budgetary legislation and administered by either the President of the Senate or the PPT.

d.) The eighteenth and nineteenth slots shall be reserved for the President of the Republic of Atlasia and administered by either the President of the Senate or the PPT.

e.) The twentieth slot shall be reserved for public submissions and shall be introduced by the President of the Senate.

As you very well know, I have been pushing for a split administration to lighten the load since last summer (and frankly going on ten years in one form or another, since I first discussed the idea with the legendary Kalwejt prior to his untimely demise as the last Liberal Party VP, but I digress. The bill for this trip down memory lane will be in the mail. Tongue).

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 06:03:44 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 02:18:49 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2022, 03:20:46 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Current Status: One short of every seat voting, too late to call 24 hours (Vote has nine hours plus left).

Lincoln: Beesley - Aye
Northeast: Tack - Aye (108th)  AGA - Huh
Great Lakes: Cao - Aye

Fremont: Kuumo - Aye
MW:  Ishan - Aye (108th)  Transit - Huh?
Pacific:  Western Democrat - Aye

South: Mr. R- Aye
DS: Muaddib- Aye
US: NC Yankee- Aye

STV1: MB -                     Aye
STV2: Weatherboy -        Aye
STV3: Deadprez -           Aye
STV4: Westy -                Aye
STV5: Calamity (108th) -     Sestak (109th) - Aye  
STV6: OSR -                 Aye
STV7: FalterinArc (108th) -     Blairite (109th) -
STV8: S019 (108th) - Aye     Adam (109th) - Aye
STV9: Disco (108th) - Aye     Ishan (109th) - Huh
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 04:15:24 AM »

Aye (18): Muad'dib, WD, tack, Westy, WB, Mr. R, beesley, S019/Adam Griffin, Ishan/Transit, disco/Ishan, MB, Deadprez, Yankee, Joseph Cao, Sestak, Kuumo, OSR, Blairite
Nay (0):
Abstain (0):
Present/not voting (0):

The nominee is confirmed unanimously.

Confirming this result as Senate Dean.

Once Scott swears in, "legitimate administrative authority" passes to VP until the PPT vote is closed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 06:17:33 PM »

Aye (18): Muad'dib, WD, tack, Westy, WB, Mr. R, beesley, S019/Adam Griffin, Ishan/Transit, disco/Ishan, MB, Deadprez, Yankee, Joseph Cao, Sestak, Kuumo, OSR, Blairite
Nay (0):
Abstain (0):
Present/not voting (0):

The nominee is confirmed unanimously.

Confirming this result as Senate Dean.

Once Scott swears in, "legitimate administrative authority" passes to VP until the PPT vote is closed.

Tried to read/understand the rules about this, ended up with a headache. If I had more time to dedicate I’d do a complete audit of the chamber rules to see what can be clarified/changed (the way I did with most of the other federal documents lol). As it stands may only have time to submit a few necessary changes.

Not sure what the concern is. We lacked both a PPT and a VP bc of the circumstances. Cao continued to update stuff and I publicly confirmed them to ensure they would not be challenged later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies