Indian-American GOP primary: PQG vs. OSR vs. CentristRepublican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:31:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Indian-American GOP primary: PQG vs. OSR vs. CentristRepublican
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Penn Quaker Girl

Old School Republican

CentristRepublican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: Indian-American GOP primary: PQG vs. OSR vs. CentristRepublican  (Read 2755 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2022, 08:39:02 AM »

Interesting match-up between 3 solid posters who identified as Indian American and are center-right or conservative. Who would you vote for? Who would win a GOP primary?

No offense, I'd vote PQG, but would be fine with the others winning. That said, I think OSR would win a presidential primary because he's the most ideologically conservative.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 09:09:49 AM »

Our soon to be Doctor, but all are good.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:31:53 PM »

OSR
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »

Super tough. I would have to decide during the campaign (didn't vote in the poll).
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 07:09:47 PM »

The one who's a great friend of mine and an actual conservative (OSR).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »

I wonder how CNN would try to gin up controversy if their was a primary like this .  Probably try to bring up an NBA question during a debate lol
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 12:52:51 AM »

I'm not centre right, I'm a centrist.

And obviously if this is a GOP primary electorate we're talking about, I'd lose in a mega-landslide. OSR would win easily, PQG would be a distant second (despite being a great poster and person), and I would be third (proably garnering <5% of the vote).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 01:37:29 PM »

Tough call, because all three are massive FFs. I voted for OSR because I value his friendship here. If you go down a list of issues, I'm probably closer to CentristRepublican and PQG (in that order).

Anyway I think such a race would be one of the most issues-oriented and most polite campaigns ever.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2022, 02:07:41 PM »

PQG never expresses substantive political opinions but the other two consistently have wrong and/or dim ones so the choice is easy.
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 12:20:30 PM »

OSR
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 05:02:16 PM »

PQG never expresses substantive political opinions but the other two consistently have wrong and/or dim ones so the choice is easy.

PQG rarely expresses substantive opinions about anything other than "scrambled eggs are yucky" and "Cheez-Its are so much better than Cheese-Nips". 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »

PQG rarely expresses substantive opinions about anything other than "scrambled eggs are yucky" and "Cheez-Its are so much better than Cheese-Nips". 

Your comments about the Blazers are completely  disqualifying and also the fact you apparently like Alabama or Auburn football is disqualifying as well
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 06:45:05 PM »

Your comments about the Blazers are completely  disqualifying and also the fact you apparently like Alabama or Auburn football is disqualifying as well

I'm just gonna point out that I wasted my 6000th post on how much I hate scrambled eggs and cheese crackers.  

Also #Failblazers
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »

Your comments about the Blazers are completely  disqualifying and also the fact you apparently like Alabama or Auburn football is disqualifying as well

I'm just gonna point out that I wasted my 6000th post on how much I hate scrambled eggs and cheese crackers.  

Also #Failblazers

Do you want me to share that famous Lillard video again
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

Nah, Im a Blazers hack and in times like these I need to gloat about good times before. So im gonna post it

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 06:17:30 PM »

Old School Republican seems to be closest to me ideologically, so him
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 09:55:03 PM »

Your comments about the Blazers are completely  disqualifying and also the fact you apparently like Alabama or Auburn football is disqualifying as well

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

Nah, Im a Blazers hack and in times like these I need to gloat about good times before. So im gonna post it

Imagine a GOP presidential primary in which basketball is a top-tier issue of debate and difference between the candidates.
You'd love to see it.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2022, 12:22:02 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

Imagine a GOP presidential primary in which basketball is a top-tier issue of debate and difference between the candidates.
You'd love to see it.

It's not though. I'd like to think we'd be more civil in our discourse than politics is nowadays, but there's enough ideological differences and room for debate (and as a matter of fact, I don't follow basketball at all, so though PQG and OSR might debate that, I'd have no dog in that fight). PQG's views I'm not entirely sure about, but as for OSR and myself, OSR is pretty right-wing on most issues, particularly social issues, whereas I am very left-wing on certain issues (guns, the environment, etcetra) and moderate on several others (abortion, marijuana, he death penalty, maybe immigration though I'd call myself more left-wing on that). So there would be more than enough debate to be had and more than enough ideological differences. Obviously I'd lose since I'd rankle up most of the base with my views (if on nothing else, then on Trump and the election and my opinion of the MAGA base and of the religious right - I regard both of those groups with great contempt). But believe me, there'd be debate.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2022, 12:28:56 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

You'd love to see it.

It's not though. I'd like to think we'd be more civil in our discourse than politics is nowadays, but there's enough ideological differences and room for debate (and as a matter of fact, I don't follow basketball at all, so though PQG and OSR might debate that, I'd have no dog in that fight). PQG's views I'm not entirely sure about, but as for OSR and myself, OSR is pretty right-wing on most issues, particularly social issues, whereas I am very left-wing on certain issues (guns, the environment, etcetra) and moderate on several others (abortion, marijuana, he death penalty, maybe immigration though I'd call myself more left-wing on that). So there would be more than enough debate to be had and more than enough ideological differences. Obviously I'd lose since I'd rankle up most of the base with my views (if on nothing else, then on Trump and the election and my opinion of the MAGA base and of the religious right - I regard both of those groups with great contempt). But believe me, there'd be debate.
I didn't say there'd be no debate. Just said that basketball would be an issue because of how much OSR cares about it. And it would be something of a spectacle.
On what topic are you the most RW on? Fiscal issues?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:21 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

You'd love to see it.

I didn't say there'd be no debate. Just said that basketball would be an issue because of how much OSR cares about it. And it would be something of a spectacle.

No offense, but it's dumb to call just 'fiscal issues' a topic when it is more complicated/intricate and is really many issues. But, to answer your question, I don't think so. These would be the issues I'm most right-wing on, in no particular order:
1. Welfare (though I don't discuss it much)
2. Transgenders (as all of you know)
3. 'Wokeism' (as all of you know)
4. Affirmative Action (part of wokeism in some ways?)
5. Defund or abolish the police (to be fair, very few mainstream Democrats have actually called for abolishing the police)
6. The eviction moratorium (not really a major political issue, but still worth bringing up) and Biden forgiving student loans
7. Reparations for slavery (again, not a major issue or something most Democrats bring up, but nonetheless, since I'm on a tangent now)

That's it for now, but will let you know if I think of any others.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2022, 01:42:31 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

You'd love to see it.

No offense, but it's dumb to call just 'fiscal issues' a topic when it is more complicated/intricate and is really many issues. But, to answer your question, I don't think so. These would be the issues I'm most right-wing on, in no particular order:
5. Defund or abolish the police (to be fair, very few mainstream Democrats have actually called for abolishing the police)
6. The eviction moratorium (not really a major political issue, but still worth bringing up) and Biden forgiving student loans
7. Reparations for slavery (again, not a major issue or something most Democrats bring up, but nonetheless, since I'm on a tangent now)

I had an image of you as someone with stances on taxes and many pocketbook issues that were firmly right of center, but on (most) social stances and on Trump, basically not far from being in line with Democratic orthodoxy. Succinctly put, socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
But thanks for the detailed rundown. Shows what issues GOP primary voters would probably like the most and what you could campaign on. I could see a firmly anti-woke cancel culture type of campaign having some relevance and getting some support.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

You'd love to see it.

I had an image of you as someone with stances on taxes and many pocketbook issues that were firmly right of center, but on (most) social stances and on Trump, basically not far from being in line with Democratic orthodoxy. Succinctly put, socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
But thanks for the detailed rundown. Shows what issues GOP primary voters would probably like the most and what you could campaign on. I could see a firmly anti-woke cancel culture type of campaign having some relevance and getting some support.

I am probably to the right of him on issues such as Taxes and Regulations (Im definitely more of a right wing neoliberal economically than he is) .
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2022, 02:01:13 AM »

Also #Failblazers

You wouldn't dare...

You'd love to see it.

Just "socially liberal, economically conservative" would be a lazy, vapid, and imperfect and untrue way of describing my ideology, to be entirely honest (no offense meant - but the fact is that for very few people can their ideology be summed up in four words, ever, and most certainly it can't with me).  I am right-wing on certain social issues (but a lot of them are very low-priority to me and a lot of voters, and I, and likely they, would prioritize issues where my views are less right-wing). It would depend on which of my views I chose to prioritize while campaigning. If somebody asked about the vaccine or the environment or the Second Amednment or the 2020 election / Big Lie / Jan 6, all hell would break loose! However, if I did focus only on my right-wing issues and somehow got away with it, I wouldn't do massively badly (but I probably wouldn't do it and get away with it).
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2022, 03:21:17 AM »

Just "socially liberal, economically conservative" would be a lazy, vapid, and imperfect and untrue way of describing my ideology, to be entirely honest (no offense meant - but the fact is that for very few people can their ideology be summed up in four words, ever, and most certainly it can't with me).  I am right-wing on certain social issues (but a lot of them are very low-priority to me and a lot of voters, and I, and likely they, would prioritize issues where my views are less right-wing). It would depend on which of my views I chose to prioritize while campaigning. If somebody asked about the vaccine or the environment or the Second Amednment or the 2020 election / Big Lie / Jan 6, all hell would break loose! However, if I did focus only on my right-wing issues and somehow got away with it, I wouldn't do massively badly (but I probably wouldn't do it and get away with it).
No offense taken, and all your points are fair. It's hard to disagree too harshly with any of them on how this would play out.

I am probably to the right of him on issues such as Taxes and Regulations (Im definitely more of a right wing neoliberal economically than he is) .
Yeah, probably.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies