thread about leak to destroy Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:10:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  thread about leak to destroy Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: thread about leak to destroy Atlasia  (Read 7362 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2022, 10:52:10 PM »

Where is the thread talking about the discord leak, about people plotting to destroy Atlasia and rigging election? I saw a thread about that and don't find it now.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 10:57:06 PM »

Where is the thread talking about the discord leak, about people plotting to destroy Atlasia and rigging election? I saw a thread about that and don't find it now.
MB deleted it because of certain people but Scott's thread has the leak.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 11:08:42 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:15:27 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I saved this very important Atlasian historical record on a Google Doc. Grin
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 11:11:10 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:15:34 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

We know that you think jokes about destroying an internet game are more important than divulging real life information about an individual who uses the forum. You also think that vile and bigoted language which has real life consequences matter less than jokes about destroying a game. There are some people who can make this point, but they need to have a moral compass, you, my friend, have none.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 11:14:20 PM »

play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 11:15:57 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:07:29 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

We know that you think jokes about destroying an internet game are more important than divulging real life information about an individual who uses the forum. You also think that vile and bigoted language which has real life consequences matter less than jokes about destroying a game. There are some people who can make this point, but they need to have a moral compass, you, my friend, have none.

I just hope you guys love Kansas as much as you say you do.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 11:17:03 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:15:47 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I just hope you guys love Kansas as much as you say you do.

Why am I being lumped in this? All I did was make a comment to a member of your party who you still have not reprimanded for unacceptable actions.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 11:18:17 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:07:11 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Why am I being lumped in this? All I did was make a comment to a member of your party who you still have not reprimanded for unacceptable actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFI_WNHMa6E
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 11:18:18 PM »

I wasn't surprised at all by the reactions of certain people.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 11:19:36 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:15:59 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

While I will personally never support LT again for any office, "muh doxxing" does not justify calling the Kansas Crisis a fun joke or a good thing (which it is neither)
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 11:27:07 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2022, 12:16:08 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

While I will personally never support LT again for any office, "muh doxxing" does not justify calling the Kansas Crisis a fun joke or a good thing (which it is neither)

You will definitely vote for me again. Wink
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 11:28:46 PM »

Anyways I think the broader point here is that people have been sounding alarm on the decline of the game for years and the point is that it needs to change or end, it will eventually slowly die on its current path. Every time that someone brings up reform, it is rejected, so the time has come to move on and let something new and organic take its place. The fact that there has barely been new talent and the same geriatric (by Atlasia standards) politicians keep running the game is not exactly a recipe for success, particularly when they eventually get tired. This is admittedly more an issue on the right than on the left, where some new voices have arisen, but the right has been run by the same people for like 4-5 years now, this is just not sustainable, and it shows. Also the right may have won an election, but what it took was a splintering of the left and also tons of inefficient vote distribution on the part of the left and organization that paled compared to past elections. This is not a resounding victory for the right, this is frankly the bare minimum. What we have learned tonight is that the left really does not have to put in much more than minimal effort to win, with people increasingly not caring about the game, the frequency of right wing victories may increase, but that means nothing when people are growing sick of the game. Ultimately, this current path is not unsustainable and while it would've been downright embarrassing for the right if they lost this election, things are not on a good path for this game's future. I do not see a reinvigorated right, what I see is the right being as weak as it always was and being aided by left wing incompetence. No one can tell me with a straight face that there is a bright future for Atlasia after tonight. Perhaps we should consider what drove people to take such drastic actions. Once we actually consider that, perhaps we can actually put all of this in context, instead of looking at it in a vacuum.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 11:30:24 PM »

Massive oof. Whatever I said some stupid things and incoherent babbling but I openly do not care about the plot or the game therein, which is bore out by my contributions to the leaks. It is a game, people should calm down!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 11:33:13 PM »

Anyways I think the broader point here is that people have been sounding alarm on the decline of the game for years and the point is that it needs to change or end, it will eventually slowly die on its current path. Every time that someone brings up reform, it is rejected, so the time has come to move on and let something new and organic take its place. The fact that there has barely been new talent and the same geriatric (by Atlasia standards) politicians keep running the game is not exactly a recipe for success, particularly when they eventually get tired. This is admittedly more an issue on the right than on the left, where some new voices have arisen, but the right has been run by the same people for like 4-5 years now, this is just not sustainable, and it shows. Also the right may have won an election, but what it took was a splintering of the left and also tons of inefficient vote distribution on the part of the left and organization that paled compared to past elections. This is not a resounding victory for the right, this is frankly the bare minimum. What we have learned tonight is that the left really does not have to put in much more than minimal effort to win, with people increasingly not caring about the game, the frequency of right wing victories may increase, but that means nothing when people are growing sick of the game. Ultimately, this current path is not unsustainable and while it would've been downright embarrassing for the right if they lost this election, things are not on a good path for this game's future. I do not see a reinvigorated right, what I see is the right being as weak as it always was and being aided by left wing incompetence. No one can tell me with a straight face that there is a bright future for Atlasia after tonight. Perhaps we should consider what drove people to take such drastic actions. Once we actually consider that, perhaps we can actually put all of this in context, instead of looking at it in a vacuum.

This election wasn't about right vs. left, it was about those who want to save the game vs. those who want to destroy the game. Any other interpretation completely misses the point, evidenced by who those on the "right" included in their preferences. Trying to draw any sort of broader ideological meaning from this election is just a pointless self-serving effort to justify your very unsuccessful attempts at destroying the game.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 11:38:25 PM »

This election wasn't about right vs. left, it was about those who want to save the game vs. those who want to destroy the game. Any other interpretation completely misses the point, evidenced by who those on the "right" included in their preferences. Trying to draw any sort of broader ideological meaning from this election is just a pointless self-serving effort to justify your very unsuccessful attempts at destroying the game.

I don't think so, look at the decline in voter turnout, look at how much the registered voters number has fallen, a year ago it was at 270, it's at 180 today. Before 2022, it hasn't been this low since 2018. It is clear that the game is dying and those who want to "save" it have not come up with any plan on how to. They reject any sort of reform and just want to keep playing the same old unsustainable model until it eventually well runs out of fuel. This election was not a choice between those who want to save the game or kill it, it was a choice between those who want to administer euthanasia to the game and those who want to see it live out its current term of terminal illness. You can't put a bandage on the issues plaguing this game, you need fundamental change, and no one has ever come to the table on that.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 11:40:26 PM »

The game was not substantially 'more alive' at 270; indeed it's not difficult to argue that the game post-reset; despite basically always posting an overall voter reg total that would be unfathomably high pre-reset, has always been in worse health than it was during most of the pre-reset period.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 11:42:24 PM »

The game was not substantially 'more alive' at 270; indeed it's not difficult to argue that the game post-reset; despite basically always posting an overall voter reg total that would be unfathomably high pre-reset, has always been in worse health than it was during most of the pre-reset period.
Imagine where we would be without the Subregions we helped create.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 11:44:28 PM »

The idea that “sustainability” is better brought about with the crop of those “new voices” who openly declare they do not care about the game and who just decided to hijack Atlasia is not borne out by any actual events, sorry.

We should consider what drove OBD to put on his Chris Tang cosplay? He answered me that himself: apathy.

Consider what drove Calamity to nuke the Senate? The man has literally never demonstrated anything other than open contempt for everyone in the game outside of a select few Discord circles.

Truman being Truman there was no doubt some 4D chess at work initially if not now, but he of all people ought to know where the buck stops.

I don't think so, look at the decline in voter turnout, look at how much the registered voters number has fallen, a year ago it was at 270, it's at 180 today. Before 2022, it hasn't been this low since 2018. It is clear that the game is dying and those who want to "save" it have not come up with any plan on how to. They reject any sort of reform and just want to keep playing the same old unsustainable model until it eventually well runs out of fuel. This election was not a choice between those who want to save the game or kill it, it was a choice between those who want to administer euthanasia to the game and those who want to see it live out its current term of terminal illness. You can't put a bandage on the issues plaguing this game, you need fundamental change, and no one has ever come to the table on that.

Hey remember when YT was called a game-killer (not without reason, either) for pumping up those voter numbers? It’s the right’s fault when the numbers go up, it’s the right’s fault when the numbers go down. Heads you win, tails I lose.

I also want to see this euthanasia analogy explained further. It sounds hilarious.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 11:47:47 PM »

Perhaps but there's definitely been a significant lull in this game after the Sev v LT election imo. I think personally two toxic elections in significantly close time periods were a significant factor in turning many away. Also in the past, you'd often see campaign threads on the forum and drama on Discord, much of that has disappeared, perhaps revived temporarily by the recent "drama." But ultimately, you just don't see the same level of enthusiasm that you saw from 2019-2021, I'd argue even in early 2020 during the period of Labor landslides, the game felt more alive than now. Perhaps part of that was that there was somewhat frequent forum campaigning, also obviously towards the tail end of 2020 the introduction of NPC campaigns re-energized the game, but eventually even those were abandoned. Also I think the bleeding of old talent but the failure to gain any true new talent is a substantial factor in the game's decline and is not able to be easily fixed. AFE just seems dead these days, and nothing seems likely to change that.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 11:50:26 PM »

Not the 90 zombies who never did anything, oh no! What will we do with ourselves???
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2022, 11:51:27 PM »

The single most obvious reason why it's silly to cast this election as left vs right is the existence of the Old Labor party.
The Old Labor party did so well, it almost outpolled the Labor party itself. Which shows just how divisive this was on the Left...
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2022, 11:54:15 PM »

The single most obvious reason why it's silly to cast this election as left vs right is the existence of the Old Labor party.
The Old Labor party did so well, it almost outpolled the Labor party itself. Which shows just how divisive this was on the Left...

In fact, it did. 26 votes for Old Labor, 21 for Real Labor.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2022, 11:55:27 PM »

In fact, it did. 26 votes for Old Labor, 21 for Real Labor.
Interesting.
That just underscores what I said even more.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2022, 11:57:54 PM »

The same snake oil, manifested from the same damn direction for the same stupid justifications and then papered over the same old "it's just a game deal with it".

No, I had to maneuver my way around this crap last time. Not doing it now and I hope people will have the awareness now this time to not fall for the "oh we just wanted to fix the game".

I will spell it for you.
1. Left wins, rides demographic advantage
2. Left keeps winning, becomes a victim of their own advantages
3. Left gets bored, tries to destroy the game because it is dying, "to fix it".

Third damn time! Third time!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2022, 12:15:31 AM »

I do not care how people use this within Atlasia. Just don't go after my person.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies