TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:57:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: TRIAL OF ATTORNEY GENERAL HARRY TRUMAN (Convicted)  (Read 3402 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2022, 10:43:46 PM »

These proceedings are a LAWLESS, IRREGULAR, DASTARDLY ATTEMPT to obstruct justice. These criminal senators seek to remove me from office before the truth of their own misdeeds may come to light. I say, if they can subvert the constitution and the laws of the nation, the people of Atlasia will have very little use for a republic!

It is also suspicious how this is all occurring as Special Prosecutor S019 is about to release his report on his investigation into voter FRAUD.

The malefactors are DESPERATE, scrambling to hide evidence of their despicable & illegal actions. They may corrupt the senate & the courts, but they cannot silence the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE!!!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2022, 11:27:29 PM »

What right does the senate have to judge me? What right does the senate have to interpose in arresting the will of the people?

The pretended charges which these senators bring against me are the final act in a desperate conspiracy born in the last days of Federalist misrule, which has festered and spread in darkened hallways and smoke-filled rooms to involve high officials in every branch of government represented in this city. The state department, the senate, the court, the sniveling ministers of the southern Region, not to mention the vipers in the press, are combined against me; in their pursuit of their aim they show now regard for laws, for constitutions, or for the ordinary conventions of government. The constitution in their hands is an instrument for oppression and lies; it is a threat issued by the privileged minority to the masses: it is the whispered threat of violence perpetrated against the people, first in Kansas, in time throughout the whole nation everywhere where there is resistance to tyranny.

What we are seeing in Kansas is only the first act of the war that will end in the permanent subjugation of the working people of this country, of the states of the western commonwealth, to the cruel domination of eastern money-changers and foreign interests. The fascist element has never given up hope of ruling this country. They were frustrated in 1933, when their strategies, so successful on the continent of Europe, proved ill-adapted to the sense of patriotism and love of liberty which yet prevailed among the people. Their aims were for a time arrested; but the progenitors of that plot were never brought to trial. Their sons and grandsons walk among us today in the guise of ordinary citizens; but secretly, the plot against the nation smoldered, changed shape, developed appetites. At one time most of the national security apparatus of the country was directly or indirectly controlled by a small circle of influential men having as their aim the establishment of a fascist dictatorship over these states.

The enemies of this nation knew that before their plans could proceed I must be removed from the Cabinet and the administration of the department of justice. After the defeat of their first attempt, they had turned to statues and regulations to slowly erode the identity of the people. The language of the law became an instrument of control —words, words, words, words spun to confuse, beguile, and frustrate all efforts to challenge their creeping control of the state apparatus. Opinion, precedent, interpretation and consensus were the means for whittling away the ability of the people to resist the encroaching tyranny.

The substance of their arguments is nothing —words, words, words, words spun to bamboozle and deceive the masses. They sought to make the law so incomprehensible that the people could not make head nor tail of it, and so would be forced to rely on authorities to explain it to them. Words took on a malleable and ethereal meaning: the law meant whatever the lawyers said it to mean. The sense of the people was obscured, and their vigilance lulled into slumber, in anticipation of the main event.

The objection which these senators take to my administration of the justice department is not, as they pretend, that I have acted contrary to the good conduct of the law. Many of their best friends are secessionists and criminals, and they have sought many times to subvert the laws and the constitution on their behalf. They object to me because I have beat them at their own game: I have refused to accept their terms for the debate, but have taken the fight to the people and won. Now they seek to remove me by a groundless, heretical, and unsubstantiated attack on my office.

I say, if the enemies of this nation will vote to remove me from office, the eyes of the people will at last be open to the true nature of things.

They will see the laws and the constitution for what they are: the instruments for the abuse and oppression in the hands of their lying counselors, the so called "senate" of this republic. They will at last understand that when senators cry "law and order," what they seek is the unilateral disarmament of the working class to facilitate the progress of capital unimpeded by laws, elections, or legitimate courts. They will understand the peace of the land to exist under the veiled threat of violence against any who challenge the monopoly of capital which is established in the privileged minority who call themselves the senate.

When the people are aware of these facts, they will not any longer have a reason to obey laws which protect not their rights nor secure them from harm. They will then cease to restrain themselves from the forceful expression of the right of the majority to make the laws of the nation without reference to fancied laws or constitutions.

If the senate wishes to inaugurate open war between labor and capital, they shall have their war. Labor will not hold back her natural strength in such a conflict. We will reduce the whole of eastern despotism to ashes. We will send the capitalists and their minions to receive the divine justice of Christ, Our Lord.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2022, 11:37:16 PM »

If Truman gets banned from holding office for two years, I get to ban men from Fremont, which is fine by me.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2022, 12:03:33 AM »

get. b*tches.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 12:05:28 AM »

If the Senate votes against the people, I will raze this city to the ground.

Why would you raze the city after you win?

A vote to convict is a vote against the people.

Polls clearly show the public wants conviction:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489212.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489544.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489235.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489999.0 (only 40% supporting Labor or NKT)

S019's attempt to turn the spotlight onto the federalists also failed tremendously:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489699.0

The PEOPLE (62%!) voted for this administration, and all the past administrations which the Attorney General has served. The Attorney General’s tenure has been an execution of the will of the people and a vote to convict is a usurpation of the will of the people. If you want a different Attorney General, elect a different President.

A majority in a single election is not sufficient as bind the people for all eternity to any and all illegalities and derelictions of duty that might occur during their time in office.

We have a system of checks and balances for a reason. What are you are essentially saying is that you intend to degrade our system into an elective absolute monarchy, with no legal restraints or means for recourse in case of abuse.

The Harry Truman that served with distinction as Attorney for several Presidencies is not the Harry Truman of lawlessness, violence and disregard for constitutional law and restraint of power. It was the Harry Truman who stood up to lawlessness, defended constitutional governance and opposed gov't tyranny. That Harry Truman, no longer exists. He died on the plains of Kansas.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2022, 12:14:40 AM »

What right does the senate have to judge me? What right does the senate have to interpose in arresting the will of the people?

The pretended charges which these senators bring against me are the final act in a desperate conspiracy born in the last days of Federalist misrule, which has festered and spread in darkened hallways and smoke-filled rooms to involve high officials in every branch of government represented in this city. The state department, the senate, the court, the sniveling ministers of the southern Region, not to mention the vipers in the press, are combined against me; in their pursuit of their aim they show now regard for laws, for constitutions, or for the ordinary conventions of government. The constitution in their hands is an instrument for oppression and lies; it is a threat issued by the privileged minority to the masses: it is the whispered threat of violence perpetrated against the people, first in Kansas, in time throughout the whole nation everywhere where there is resistance to tyranny.

What we are seeing in Kansas is only the first act of the war that will end in the permanent subjugation of the working people of this country, of the states of the western commonwealth, to the cruel domination of eastern money-changers and foreign interests. The fascist element has never given up hope of ruling this country. They were frustrated in 1933, when their strategies, so successful on the continent of Europe, proved ill-adapted to the sense of patriotism and love of liberty which yet prevailed among the people. Their aims were for a time arrested; but the progenitors of that plot were never brought to trial. Their sons and grandsons walk among us today in the guise of ordinary citizens; but secretly, the plot against the nation smoldered, changed shape, developed appetites. At one time most of the national security apparatus of the country was directly or indirectly controlled by a small circle of influential men having as their aim the establishment of a fascist dictatorship over these states.

The enemies of this nation knew that before their plans could proceed I must be removed from the Cabinet and the administration of the department of justice. After the defeat of their first attempt, they had turned to statues and regulations to slowly erode the identity of the people. The language of the law became an instrument of control —words, words, words, words spun to confuse, beguile, and frustrate all efforts to challenge their creeping control of the state apparatus. Opinion, precedent, interpretation and consensus were the means for whittling away the ability of the people to resist the encroaching tyranny.

The substance of their arguments is nothing —words, words, words, words spun to bamboozle and deceive the masses. They sought to make the law so incomprehensible that the people could not make head nor tail of it, and so would be forced to rely on authorities to explain it to them. Words took on a malleable and ethereal meaning: the law meant whatever the lawyers said it to mean. The sense of the people was obscured, and their vigilance lulled into slumber, in anticipation of the main event.

The objection which these senators take to my administration of the justice department is not, as they pretend, that I have acted contrary to the good conduct of the law. Many of their best friends are secessionists and criminals, and they have sought many times to subvert the laws and the constitution on their behalf. They object to me because I have beat them at their own game: I have refused to accept their terms for the debate, but have taken the fight to the people and won. Now they seek to remove me by a groundless, heretical, and unsubstantiated attack on my office.

I say, if the enemies of this nation will vote to remove me from office, the eyes of the people will at last be open to the true nature of things.

They will see the laws and the constitution for what they are: the instruments for the abuse and oppression in the hands of their lying counselors, the so called "senate" of this republic. They will at last understand that when senators cry "law and order," what they seek is the unilateral disarmament of the working class to facilitate the progress of capital unimpeded by laws, elections, or legitimate courts. They will understand the peace of the land to exist under the veiled threat of violence against any who challenge the monopoly of capital which is established in the privileged minority who call themselves the senate.

When the people are aware of these facts, they will not any longer have a reason to obey laws which protect not their rights nor secure them from harm. They will then cease to restrain themselves from the forceful expression of the right of the majority to make the laws of the nation without reference to fancied laws or constitutions.

If the senate wishes to inaugurate open war between labor and capital, they shall have their war. Labor will not hold back her natural strength in such a conflict. We will reduce the whole of eastern despotism to ashes. We will send the capitalists and their minions to receive the divine justice of Christ, Our Lord.

The only one here spinning words to justify the unjustifiable is you. You decry disarming the working class, yet how many gun grabbers have you elected to office in the name of muh Labor majority?

You can spin Charles I's words through a wood chipper and whip as much proletarian rhetorical flushes as you want, but at the end of the day you and the administration your serve abused the powers of the executive branch to facilitate Fremontian Imperialism, disregarded constitution and the law and now the primary defense you have is that because 65% of the people voted in the last election for this administration, that you have blank check to do what ever you want between now and July.

I don't think 65% of the country supports transforming into a dictatorship.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2022, 12:23:17 AM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=489999.0 (only 40% supporting Labor or NKT)

S019's attempt to turn the spotlight onto the federalists also failed tremendously:

The PEOPLE (62%!) voted for this administration, and all the past administrations which the Attorney General has served. The Attorney General’s tenure has been an execution of the will of the people and a vote to convict is a usurpation of the will of the people. If you want a different Attorney General, elect a different President.

A majority in a single election is not sufficient as bind the people for all eternity to any and all illegalities and derelictions of duty that might occur during their time in office.

We have a system of checks and balances for a reason. What are you are essentially saying is that you intend to degrade our system into an elective absolute monarchy, with no legal restraints or means for recourse in case of abuse.

The Harry Truman that served with distinction as Attorney for several Presidencies is not the Harry Truman of lawlessness, violence and disregard for constitutional law and restraint of power. It was the Harry Truman who stood up to lawlessness, defended constitutional governance and opposed gov't tyranny. That Harry Truman, no longer exists. He died on the plains of Kansas.

Any violence that has occurred in Kansas is certainly not the fault of the Attorney General. This administration has shown the highest commitment to Law and Order by combating insurrection, rebellion, and terrorism at every turn. As the GM has confirmed, there is indeed terrorist activity ongoing in Kansas; the President and the Attorney General have accordingly delivered a proper response.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2022, 12:33:09 AM »

Any violence that has occurred in Kansas is certainly not the fault of the Attorney General. This administration has shown the highest commitment to Law and Order by combating insurrection, rebellion, and terrorism at every turn. As the GM has confirmed, there is indeed terrorist activity ongoing in Kansas; the President and the Attorney General have accordingly delivered a proper response.

There has been nothing "proper" about the response of this President or this Attorney General.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2022, 12:40:24 AM »

So let's examine this.

The administration illegally ordered the arrest of five members of the Senate for opposing the administration.

The Senate PPT declares that administration to have "only acted" properly.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2022, 12:41:33 AM »

What are you talking about? The Southern DOJ caught the murderers as the GM has confirmed, not Putin and Medvedev. The GM and Supreme Court confirmed that there was no violence until Kansas was illegally invaded. And there have only been 2 instances of violence, neither of which involved the Southern government. More violence occurs in Chicago on a Tuesday. Meanwhile yall keep finding sharks to jump. How are yall gonna top the Japanese internment order?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2022, 12:46:59 AM »

What are you talking about? The Southern DOJ caught the murderers as the GM has confirmed, not Putin and Medvedev. The GM and Supreme Court confirmed that there was no violence until Kansas was illegally invaded. And there have only been 2 instances of violence, neither of which involved the Southern government. More violence occurs in Chicago on a Tuesday. Meanwhile yall keep finding sharks to jump. How are yall gonna top the Japanese internment order?

The GM confirmed that violence against protesters, before the invasion, did indeed happen:

Violence in Kansas is at a breaking point. While punitive actions by pro-southern forces against protestors, which resulted in injuries and deaths, did happen, it would be unfair to say that these forces were acting in accordance with the Southern government, who made no pronouncements or orders to that effect. This is likewise the case for the now-confirmed death of pro-Frémont Kansan legislator State Senator Hank Secord (LAB-KS), the leader of the Pro-Frémonter minority in the legislature. Police state that the cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest and that his home had been “violently broken into”. Mr. Secord was 62.

The Southern DOJ caught the murderers as the GM has confirmed, not Putin and Medvedev.

The GM has confirmed no such thing.

Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2022, 12:52:28 AM »

There has been nothing "proper" about the response of this President or this Attorney General.

There is nothing proper about you polluting this board with rubbish ramblings.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2022, 12:55:07 AM »

Ah yes the utter lawlessness of holding a trial under the principles of due process, one which exists for the purpose of allowing you to defend yourself. How uncivilized! Yet you don't even seem to be taking that opportunity, it's almost like you're pleading guilty. I suppose your incessant complaining about this trial only displays your disdain for the law, rather ironic for the Attorney General.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2022, 12:55:15 AM »

Hey Senator R, did you hear something? Must have been the trees outside.

Edit: Ninja ninjaed this post. Obviously, inserting a quote would defeat its message, though. Tongue
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:11 AM »

DIE MAD!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2022, 01:00:20 AM »

The GM confirmed that violence against protesters, before the invasion, did indeed happen:

Violence in Kansas is at a breaking point. While punitive actions by pro-southern forces against protestors, which resulted in injuries and deaths, did happen, it would be unfair to say that these forces were acting in accordance with the Southern government, who made no pronouncements or orders to that effect. This is likewise the case for the now-confirmed death of pro-Frémont Kansan legislator State Senator Hank Secord (LAB-KS), the leader of the Pro-Frémonter minority in the legislature. Police state that the cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest and that his home had been “violently broken into”. Mr. Secord was 62.

CLARIFICATION / CRISIS EVENT

Kansas

For the sake of clarify within the current situation in Kansas - and upon complaints - it is clarified that - and it can be ascertained from current posts thus far - the Governor of the South has not declared a state of emergency not mobilized the Southern National Guard out of his own authority. Present acts of resistance to Federal authority and/or intervention within the state of Kansas, including that of troops - which may have mobilized on the first place following the President's authority only to resist later - have not been legally sanctioned by the Governor of the South. This clarification should not, theoretically, contradict previously reported events.

The Southern DOJ caught the murderers as the GM has confirmed, not Putin and Medvedev.

The GM has confirmed no such thing.

I archive my DMs

Sup dude?

Mind if I announce 4 more arrests tonight?

One of the 2 we had in custody just broke.

Jason Gray has confessed to being aware of the premeditated conspiracy to murder the politician without actually participating the night of. For leniency he has fingered the other guy we previously arrested, Kent Redd, as being present that night, along with 4 others we'd like to arrest: Johnboy White, Cletus Black, Demetrius Green, and Billy-Ray Brown.

Apparently Brown is their leader and they are nutcase sovereign citizens types.

Thanks for your consideration!

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2022, 11:02:46 AM »

Btw, as soon as there is unanimous consensus to end the debates, I will open the vote lasting until everyone has voted or that there are enough votes to convict or to not convict.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2022, 11:14:30 AM »

Perhaps we can go through each individual charge first.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2022, 11:17:49 AM »

Perhaps we can go through each individual charge first.
Oh just to be clear this would be a multi vote with each charge
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »

yeah, it's pretty clear that no one's going to be changing their minds at this point. Though since the election's ongoing I think we should wait until the weekend is over, so that senators don't have an excuse for not voting as they won't be busy campaigning.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »

Like others have said this is a pretty easy case. Everyone with a conscience should vote aye

So let's examine this.

The administration illegally ordered the arrest of five members of the Senate for opposing the administration.

The Senate PPT declares that administration to have "only acted" properly.

If this was RL I wonder whether I'd be rotting in a Fremont jail or possibly executed by now. Either way I don't think RL me would be around to vote lol
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2022, 05:52:41 PM »

Ah yes the utter lawlessness of holding a trial under the principles of due process, one which exists for the purpose of allowing you to defend yourself. How uncivilized! Yet you don't even seem to be taking that opportunity, it's almost like you're pleading guilty. I suppose your incessant complaining about this trial only displays your disdain for the law, rather ironic for the Attorney General.
Oh, I am guilty: guilty of defending the people against the murderous, bloodsucking cutthroats in the senate; guilty of fighting for the cause of the Good Old Union against the southern vagabonds and imperialist occupiers of Kansas; guilty of opposing GRAFT, BRIBERY, AND CRIMINALITY from the "honorable" senators who presume to judge ME. THEY are fugitives from justice impeaching the prosecuting attorney investigating their crimes —the treason of the senate has no bottom.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2022, 06:30:53 PM »

Oh, I am guilty: guilty of defending the people against the murderous, bloodsucking cutthroats in the senate; guilty of fighting for the cause of the Good Old Union against the southern vagabonds and imperialist occupiers of Kansas; guilty of opposing GRAFT, BRIBERY, AND CRIMINALITY from the "honorable" senators who presume to judge ME. THEY are fugitives from justice impeaching the prosecuting attorney investigating their crimes —the treason of the senate has no bottom.

What was Peebs crime?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2022, 06:50:11 PM »

What was Peebs crime?

Habeas corpus is suspended, so I don't have to tell you.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2022, 06:58:25 PM »

John Brown was hanged for treason against the state of Virginia. Nat Turner, Charles Deslondes, and Gabriel Prosser were all called rebels and law-breakers. It is the favorite trick of the slave power to use invented forms and twistifications to condemn any and all who challenge their monopoly on wealth and political power.

When the slave power was overthrown at the ballot box, they declared civil war. Many who now condemn me have supported insurrection in Alaska, in Texas, have supported known terrorists for high office. Where, then, was their "principle?" It is not principle by which these men condemn me. It is envy. They wish they had the love which the people have for me; for all their laws and tricks, they can not beat me. They are going to lose this trial, and then they are going to lose the war!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies