Had Clinton won 272-266…

(1/2) > >>

Plankton5165:
Four faithless electors defected against Clinton. That would’ve put the EV total to 268, which is below 270.

TML:
I think the winning candidate's pledged electors would be much less likely to become faithless if the total number of such electors was 275 or less. Remember that no Bush electors defected in 2000, despite the controversy surrounding that election. In the scenario you describe, I think it is highly likely that no Clinton electors would defect.

Del Tachi:
Yes, obviously.  The faithless elector movement among pledged Clinton delegates in 2016 was a strategic move to try to persuade Trump electors to do the same.  Absent a Trump win, it doesn't happen. 

TwinGeeks99:
If it was that close there's no way any of the faithless electors would have done what they did.

Sir Mohamed:
Quote from: DT on April 21, 2022, 09:08:46 AM

Yes, obviously.  The faithless elector movement among pledged Clinton delegates in 2016 was a strategic move to try to persuade Trump electors to do the same.  Absent a Trump win, it doesn't happen. 

Yup, though she should just have gotten 270 or 271, I think. At least one would still have defected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page