2004 User Predictions - Technical (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:20:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Technical (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Technical  (Read 136657 times)
Jyrki
Rookie
France

« on: March 16, 2004, 10:45:11 PM »

Help !

How can I put a map in my post ?

I want to put a prediction map in a post and comment it.
Jyrki
Rookie
France

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 09:12:41 PM »

Help !

You make it on the EV calculator, then you right-click somewhere OUTSIDE the map, but inside the window (I recommend in between Hawaii and the continental US...), click on properties and copy the address (including the long series of letters and numbers there), paste it here and put  before and after it.

Thanks a lot.
But it doesn't work with my computer : the map is all grey. Besides this, I would like to use a "prediction map" (with percentages), not a EV map with just red and blue states.
I also tried to paste the adress of a "prediction map" but there was no map at all (not even a grey one).
Jyrki
Rookie
France

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 11:21:07 AM »

Help !

You make it on the EV calculator, then you right-click somewhere OUTSIDE the map, but inside the window (I recommend in between Hawaii and the continental US...), click on properties and copy the address (including the long series of letters and numbers there), paste it here and put  before and after it.

Thanks a lot.
But it doesn't work with my computer : the map is all grey. Besides this, I would like to use a "prediction map" (with percentages), not a EV map with just red and blue states.
I also tried to paste the adress of a "prediction map" but there was no map at all (not even a grey one).

Hm, the all grey thing seems to happen occasionally...but I think you're just making a small mistake then, I remember other people has been through the same thing. You can do what I just told you with the prediction maps you make to get percentages, etc. You could just post a link to your prediction on this site if you wanted.

Could you make a test with the following adress so I can see what you did with a "Reply" ?
 http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2004/USERMAPS/pe2004917P2)

Thank you
Jyrki
Rookie
France

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 07:11:32 PM »

Yeah, it's my map  Wink
And I'm very proud of it !

I see the problem : nobody told me to put a .gif at the end of the adress.

Now it works :
Jyrki
Rookie
France

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 09:47:01 AM »

Yeah, it's my map  Wink
And I'm very proud of it !

I see the problem : nobody told me to put a .gif at the end of the adress.

Now it works :

Well, I didn't put it there, I just used properties, etc like I told you. Smiley

I was forced to put it there (letter by letter). When I did what you told me It didn't work. Your browser must have different settings.
I saw on another page on the forum that someone else had the same trouble (with "grey maps"). The solution is to add .gif manually. It should be in the "Help" somewhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies