2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 9895 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2022, 02:40:23 PM »

JUNE 24 - Town halls and meeting with Iowans in Jones and Cedar Counties.
JUNE 25 - Returns to Iowa City to announce and accept the endorsement of Senate Minority Leader Zach Wahls, a native of the city.
JUNE 26 - Town halls and meeting with Iowans in Muscatine, Louisa, and Washington Counties.

One June 24, Cooper campaigns across Jones and Cedar Counties. In Jones County, he highlights gun control. "Our gun violence epidemic is absolutely out of hand! Whether or not the NRA likes it, we need to take more steps to make sure that firearms are not in the hands of dangerous people who shouldn't have them. We need very comprehensive, mandatory universal background checks." Down in Cedar County, he focuses on taxes. "We will reverse the 2017 Trump tax cuts and we will make the rich pay their fair share! Time for guys like Jeff Bezos to pay more in taxes and his employees to pay less. We're going to implement a progressive tax structure, with the rich paying a much greater percentage of their income in taxes than minimum wage workers, lower-class Americans, and the middle class. I guarantee you this much - there will be more taxes on the rich, and there will be less taxes for the middle class." To raucous cheers, Cooper departs.

On June 25, Cooper returns to Iowa City to tout the endorsement of Senate Minority Leader Zach Wahls. Predictably, he focuses on LGBT issues. "Ron DeSantis has waged war in Florida against gay people. Republicans across the country have made it their mission to suppress trans rights. State legislatures controlled by the GOP have passed bills targeting young, marginalized trans kids to score political points with an anti-LGBT base. They've accused pro-LGBT people and LGBT people of being 'groomers.' None of this is okay. Bigotry is not okay, ever. Zach has fought for greater awareness and tolerance of LGBT+ people throughout his career. I'm grateful to say the least for his endorsement, and I'll make sure he does not regret it. We will at a federal level work to pass legislation outlawing discrimination based on gender identity. It is shameful that we as a nation pick and choose which kinds of bigotry to allow. Bigotry is never okay, and this includes transphobia. We will fight transphobia and we will fight homophobia and we will champion LGBT equality when I'm president!"

One June 26, Cooper returns for a brief campaign stop in Muscatine, before swinging into Louisa County. He holds town halls in Wapello and Columbus Junction, promising to be a president "for the working class."
He hammers on the same themes while campaigning in Washington, Washington County: "The Republican Party is really only interested in its corporate interests. It does not care about the working class and Americans who work long hours. It cares for the donor class who bankroll their campaigns. They are the ones who get tax breaks under the GOP administrations. Think about it! The Republicans want tax breaks - not for you, mind you, but for the ultra-rich, for the wealthy, upper-class donors. They don't favour expanded healthcare - they want tax breaks for the rich only. They don't care about healthcare (they tried to repeal Obamacare), they don't care about the debt, they don't care about giving the working class a break - they care entirely for the wealthy."

Cooper travels to eastern Koekuk County to spend the evening.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2022, 12:21:14 PM »

JUNE 27 - Town halls and meeting with Iowans in Keokuk, Iowa and Benton Counties.
JUNE 28 - Campaigning in Tama and Poweshiek Counties.
JUNE 29 - Begins day campaigning in Jasper County, then goes for rally in Marshall County at night.

On June 27, Cooper holds a meet-and-greet and impromptu outside town hall near the Keokuk County Courthouse in Sigourney. Cooper then traverses north, swinging through Iowa County and meeting voters along the way before a stop at the Iowa County Courthouse in Marengo. He lingers for some time before campaigning in Benton County that evening. Thereafter, he makes a short journey west, into Tama County. He spends the evening in Clark Township, on the county's eastern border.

He spends the first half of the following day visiting a dozen of Tama County's townships, including stops in Toldeo (the county seat) and next-door Tama (the county's largest city). He says in Tama, "Tama's a great city and I'm grateful for the hospitality I've been given by this city. It angers me that the other candidates, they don't care about Tama or Tama County or the other hundreds of places in Iowa like it. Has a single other candidate bothered to campaign outside the big cities? Have they bothered to come and see the rest of the state, counties like Keokuk and Tama? I myself have not yet visited much of this state, but I absolutely intend to visit each and every one of Iowa's 99 counties properly. You have my word on it that neither on the campaign trail, nor in the White House, will I forget the people of rural Iowa or the people of Tama!" There are loud cheers. "I'd like to see DeSantis or Warren or Trump or Harris or Baldwin or Hochul come visit Tama and show any interest in talking to the people of Tama." After lunch in Tama, Cooper goes south to Poweshiek County, campaigning mainly in Grinnell. He familiarizes himself with Poweshiek County natives for the rest of the day, and then enters into eastern Jasper County for the evening.

The following day he campaigns across Jasper County. He holds a rally in Newton. Next to the nearby Newton Correctional Facility, he discusses prison reform. "Some of the people here have committed minor crimes. And you know, they serve their sentence, right here in the Newton Correctional Facility. But the state of Iowa has a law that people who are in jail ever, even for minor crimes, can never, ever vote again. I really don't understand that, I don't. You should not have a punishment for life. You should serve your sentence in prison and most certainly you should not be denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life. We as a society need to allow ex-felons back into society after they serve their sentence. One of the few good steps Trump took was the FIRST STEP Act. It was a step towards reforming our system. But I will go farther as president." He enters Marshall County and campaigns there as well, slamming Trump and DeSantis and promising to be a powerful liberal continuing many of Joe Biden's policies as president. "Kamala Harris will doubtless say the same thing, but the difference is, she won't win the White House, and I will." He slams other candidates too. "I'm worried what a Kathy Hochul Cabinet would look like. Governor Hochul chose someone corrupt as her first lieutenant governor. Of course it was a mistake, but it displays poor judgement on her part. What if a Hochul Administration proves to be a lot like a Harding Administration? It's really a valid question." He spends the evening in Marshalltown.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2022, 06:54:46 PM »

Governor Scott debate answers

To Scott: As a moderate candidate who is openly performing outreach to Democrats, what is your plan to win over conservatives?

Thanks for the question Rick. Ya know, I’ve had a lot of people ask similar questions. And I tell them. I’m a Republican. I’ve spent my entire political career as a republican. Yes, socially I’m a moderate and yes I am trying to build a bipartisan coalition, but anyone who looks at my platform can see that I’m really a candidate for all people, and this campaign is too. In my platform, I have multiple economic positions that could be identified as conservative. I think that anyone who reads my platform knows that this campaign is for all

To All: Would you accept the results of the election if you lost?

Yes, Rick. I would. It would be very scary if the one who lost would not accept the results, much like January 6th, 2020. But, I can guarantee, if I lost I would not only concede, but offer to work closely with the winner to help America

To All: Would you support a ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions?

no, and no one SHOULD support a ban like this. Same-sex marriage was a real milestone, and I am proud to have support of the log cabin republicans

To All Would you support banning female birth control and condoms?

if we banned birth control, then how would woman NOT become pregnant? Women are not just birth givers, and the choice to get pregnant or give birth should be theirs. There’s no reason to ban these things.

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2022, 07:09:15 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2022, 07:50:15 PM by NOTTYLER »

Phil Scott June Schedule

During the month of June, Governor Scott, and his surrogates, especially Governor Hogan, made a 99 county tour of Iowa.

They travelled the state giving many speeches, hosting events, and meeting voters. Governor Charlie Baker, along with Congressman Kizinger and former governor Kasich, held a massive fundraiser for Scott.

After traveling through the month to all 99 counties in Iowa, Phil held a super rally in Des Moines with all of his surrogates, the biggest rally of Scott’s campaign. Governor Scott also met with Fred Karger and the log cabin republicans seeking an endorsement.

Governor Scott attended a gun show, giving a speech about the right to bear arms and the importance of it

Finally, Governor Scott went on the Jimmy Fallon show, got interviewed, played some of the show’s famous games, and even had a fun dance number. He gave a serious speech at the end about unity.

He also set up an outreach center

And hired some of his young supporters to help grow the campaign’s social media presence
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2022, 07:25:11 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2022, 07:44:36 PM by NOTTYLER »

Phil Scott 2024 campaign

Governor Scott and his team went to San Antonio Texas where they held a rally, with Congressman Will Hurd giving a passionate speech endorsing Phil. Also, Steve Gales and other members of the log cabin republicans officially announced their organization will be endorsing the Governor

Phil Scott and Co went to West Virginia where democrats Joe Lieberman, Kirsten Synema and  Joe Manchin, made bipartisan Endorsements of Governor Scott in a massive rally
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2022, 01:46:22 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2022, 01:15:10 PM by CentristRepublican »

JUNE 30 - Rally in Ames, Story County, Iowa.

At the rally in Ames on June 30, Cooper gives an impassioned speech to an audience with a lot of students at Iowa State University present. "You are the future. You are the next generation. We owe it to you and to the generations to follow better than what we had. Not worse. Not worse. Not worse air quality. Not a worse environment. We owe a better world, with cleaner air and cleaner water, more trees and more wilderness, a better environment. We have not lived up to a single one of those things, and it's high time we did so. As I'm sure many of you here in the audience are aware, I organized a meeting between three of my four challengers - Vice-President Harris, Senator Baldwin, and Governor Hochul - as well as Governor Phil Scott, a Republican, to discuss innovative solutions to fixing our climate and transitioning to renewable. We put aside all politics and did not argue amongst ourselves. All of us Democrats have attacked each other during the campaign, but all of us as well as Governor Scott also realize we face a common enemy that is much bigger than any of us. That enemy is climate change and the havoc it will wreack and disaster it will leave in its wake, climate change that will manifest on you and your children. That enemy is the oil and coal lobbies that have suppressed the truth and more or less bought the votes of Republican legislators. We need to fight those enemies, not each other. We know this and that's why we met and we came up with well over a dozen ideas between us. It's safe to say our discussion was a success. In fact, we've agreed to meet together and unveil all our ideas in Miami, Florida, on July 10. We will unveil the ideas that will help to save this generation from the disasters that climate change will doubtless otherwise bring about across the globe. We will all implement these ideas, if elected president. Because of each of us want, and our willing to fight for, a better future for you and today's children and tomorrow's children." Raucous cheers as Cooper slowly transitions to other topics.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2022, 12:40:02 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2022, 01:26:10 PM by CentristRepublican »

JULY 1 and JULY 2 - Rallies and other campaigning in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa. Endorsements of Mayor Frank Cownie and House Minority Leader Jennifer Konfrst revealed and accepted.
JULY 3 - Town hall + rally in West Des Moines, Dallas County, Iowa.
JULY 4 - Spends the 4th of July with his family in North Carolina, having visited 24 of Iowa's 99 counties.[/font]

On July 1, Cooper arrives in Des Moines in Polk County. He shakes hundreds of hands, kisses babies, and gives loud, unifying speeches. He is paraded down the streets and continues campaigning. At around noon, he accepts the endorsement of Mayor Frank Cownie.
"I'm glad to get your support, Mayor Cownie!" Cooper discusses BLM in a rally a little later. "We need to have police reform. We need to reform our police so that systematic racism stops, so that African-Americans and Latinos and other minorities are not targeted for their race, or abused by the police for the race. We need accountability and we need officers to have body cameras." He spends the evening in Des Moines and continues campaigning countywide the following day, in Des Moines as well as its surburbs.

At a rally, he accepts the endorsement of House Minority Leader Jennifer Konfrst. "Minority Leader Konfrst has led the Democrats in the Iowa House. They've crusaded for important changes and reforms and laws that'd help all Americans. Though they have been stopped by the Republicans controlling the legislature, their ideals are the same for which I stand, and which I will bring to the White House.

Later, he rips into Elizabeth Warren. "You know, I really hoped all us candidates could put our bickering aside and meet together so we could discuss some ideas we'd pursue to tackle and combat climate change. Well, I'm happy to say 3 of my 4 Democratic rivals agreed to join, as did a Republican, Vermont Governor Phil Scott. But Elizabeth Warren didn't come. Why not? Where is Elizabeth Warren? Why did she refuse to put politics aside and meet and work out some solutions for climate change? Elizabeth Warren has been missing from the campaign trail. Where is Elizabeth Warren? She can't even be bothered to campaign for your votes in the Democratic primaries, and yet she wants our party's presidential nomination. I really despise that. Say what you will of all the other candidates in this race, most of them have campaigned for your votes. They've met the voters, face to face. Elizabeth Warren hasn't done even that." He then breaks into chants of "Where is Elizabeth Warren?" with the crowd joining in.

He moves on to slamming Donald Trump. "Donald Trump is a race-baiter, a bigot, a xenophobe, and a racist. He's bragged about groping and raping women. He's spread misinformation about COVID19. When he lost in 2020, he tried to establish unilateral control and topple our democracy. I'm sure we all remember January 6. For the past three and a half years, I've always been reminded of the fact that this dangerous man is no longer our president. But recently I've been worried by the increasingly realistic possibility that he will be come 2025. He may very well win the Republican Party's nomination for a third time. And what's stopping him from winning in the general election? One of the reasons I entered this race is because I want to stop Donald Trump. I want to hold the White House for your party and pursue our nation's ideals, of equality, of justice. I want to help all Americans, including the struggling lower-class Americans who go from paycheque to paycheque. But one reason I entered the race is because I truly believe I stand a greater chance of beating Trump than a vice-president with approvals that have been consistently underwater, a greater chance of beating him than a governor who's shown very poor judgement skills, and a greater chance of beating him than a progressive who will scare off independents. I'm in it to win it - to stop Trump, but also to win it for myself, and to win it for the millions of Americans who have been left behind." Loud cheers as Cooper moves on.

He then covers his record as governor when asked at a town hall by a voter "Why are you the best candidate to beat Ron DeSantis?" Cooper replies, "The transphobic and homophobic bills I've seen states like Florida pass remind me a great deal of a law in North Carolina, a transphobic law. It was the infamous bathroom ban. This bill was meant to play to people's fears, to their bigotry, to their hate. It was meant to tap into many people's transphobia. The party of 'small government' passed a bill in North Carolina that had the government enter our state's bathrooms, that forced trans men and women across the state to use the wrong bathroom. And Governor Pat McCrory signed that bill. That was the biggest reason I ran against him in 2016. I have been opposed to bigotry in all its forms. I was taught by my parents that bigotry, discrimination, and hate are not okay. And I was horrified at this bill, which exacerbated the problem of transphobia. It drove away businesses from North Carolina as well. I ran in 2016 promising to repeal this bill and I won. And the bill has been repealed. Well, let me tell you, Ron DeSantis is to me nothing more than another Pat McCrory. Another bigoted Republican who plays to the fears and bigotry of some people. And I will beat DeSantis in the general, just as I beat McCrory. I will fight for the LGBT+ people of our country and I will fight against the bigotry Ron DeSantis has promoted. I sincerely hope that each and every one of you join me in that fight. We as a country our better than bigotry and transphobia and hate. Because he man not say it explicitly, but Ron DeSantis is the candidate of hate, fear, transphobia and bigotry. I am the candidate who will fight him and each one of those things. And mark my words, I'll beat 'em."

Cooper departs for a small fundraiser in Des Moines later where he stresses electability and promises to beat the Republican, be it Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis. "Here's the thing. Kamala Harris cannot win - moderates and independents and swing voters would stay home, or worse, vote for Trump. Kathy Hochul is also a weak candidate. We all remember the disaster that occurred with her first pick for lieutenant governor. What happens if she makes similar mistakes in assembling a Cabinet as president? Voters will ask these questions. They're valid questions and they deserve answers. Hochul lacks good judgement. I can see the GOP attack ads right now. And I don't think she can overcome them. Now look at Elizabeth Warren. She's been off the campaign trail and didn't attend our climate meetings. She didn't even answer the debate questions. Lastly, there's Baldwin. I'll be the first to admit she's a strong candidate, but policy matters, too. And Baldwin is a progressive. Would you rather have an extremist radical progressive who will never be able to actually enact her agenda, or a pragmatic liberal who will? I think ideology matters, but results do too. I've delivered for North Carolina. In the Senate, Tammy is one of a hundred legislators who vote on bills. All she does is vote with the party. And don't get me wrong, that's important. But you need some level of executive experience, you need to know how to get things done, how do you get what you want, how to pass liberal bills and stop bad things. I was limited in my powers as governor thanks to the North Carolina Legislature, but as president, I'll have more power. And I will get our liberal ideas enacted. Tammy will propose them and she'll fight for them,  but at the end of the day, who would really be likelier to pass what they want? Me, or her? And there, the answer is me. We need results. And I think a liberal agenda that gets passed is infintely better than a visionary, a bold, progressive agenda, that never does get passed." Cooper collects donations and spends the evening in Des Moines.

In West Des Moines on July 3, Cooper hosts a town hall. It is brief, but he gets his points across. He emphasizes his experience, electability, and liberal views. "I have a liberal agenda that I will pass as president. If what you want is a Democrat in the White House who gets good legislation passed, join me. Together we will win the White House and we will get passed an agenda for all Americans. But to do that, we first need to win the Iowa Caucus. Will we win the Iowa Caucus?" Loud chants of "Yes we will" in response.

That evening Cooper boards a flight to Raleigh to spend July 4 and the coming days in North Carolina with his family after a long absence.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2022, 04:02:12 PM »

June 15-18: IA

Fly to Dubuque
Rally in Dubuque
“Tom Miller is the longest-serving Attorney General in the country. We need more people like him. We need people who are committed to getting government to work, not just talking a big game. He’s worked hard to hold big pharma accountable for the opioid crisis, making sure money goes into the pockets of the people suffering from this epidemic. He’s fought against big tech using antitrust laws, and he’s expanding consumer protections. I’m not only proud of his endorsement, but I’m looking forward to implementing these strategies on the national stage, making sure the US government is working for you, not just huge corporations.”
Town halls en route to Davenport
Rally in Davenport
Rally in Iowa City
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Round table with local business leaders in Cedar Rapids
Townhalls in Waterloo and Ames, talking about background checks for gun purchases
Rally in Des Moines

June 19-21: LA

Fly to New Orleans
Rally in New Orleans, introduced by Mayor LaToya Cantell
“I am proud to be here introducing and announcing my endorsement of the next President of the United States, Kathy Hochul! Kathy has served at the local level, the federal level, and the state level, in both the legislative and executive branches, she knows how to get stuff done. She’s got a plan for getting our country back on track, investing in communities like ours here, and making sure every American has a fair wage and affordable healthcare, she’s my choice for President, and I hope she’ll be yours too!”
Town hall with business leaders in New Orleans
GOTV in New Orleans
Town halls en route to Shreveport
Rally in Shreveport, accepting endorsement of Mayor Adrian Perkins

June 22-23: NH

Fly to Manchester

Rally in Manchester on voting rights
“It’s not enough to win this election, our democracy is at stake. We have a Supreme Court that’s hostile to reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and voting rights. We need to do everything in our power to win and win big. We need to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act and fulfill our promise that voting is a sacred right in our country. Democrats have become too complacent, and we need to fight for the country we believe in.”
Rally in Concord
Townhalls in Keene, Claremont, and Lebanon

June 24-25th: NY

March in NYC Pride
Attend fundraiser in NYC

June 26-30: NV

Fly to Las Vegas, roll out endorsements from Nevada Senate Majority Leader Nicole Cannizzaro and Attorney General Aaron Ford
Workday with casino staff in Las Vegas
Press conference in solar field in Nevada

“How have we not invested in the Southwest? We can fit hundreds of thousands of solar panels across this region, creating jobs alongside safe, consistent, green energy. The government needs to do its job and invest everywhere, as President I plan on working to ensure we create invest in green infrastructure and green jobs everywhere, like right here in Nevada.”
Townhall tour of small towns in Nevada
Rally in Carson City

“This is the exact kind of place Democrats have given up. Well, I’ve won in a congressional district that looks a lot like this one, it had more Republicans by far, and I fought and I won. We need a nominee who won’t count places like Carson City or Upstate New York out just because Democrats have lost there before. We need to invest in communities and bring our message right to the people. The message of a $15 minimum wage, universal healthcare, paid family leave, and investing in infrastructure. We can’t write off half the country or we lose, but if we show up with good ideas, I believe we can win.”

Rally in Reno

July 1-3: SC

Fly to Charleston
Rally in Charleston
Meet with former Representative Joe Cunningham, talk about winning in tough races, and working to earn his endorsement
Townhalls in Summerville and Orangeburg

Gets asked audience question about Roy Cooper's comments

"Look, I get it, we're in a primary, but I'm more interested in keeping my eye on the ball to deliver our promises to working families and fight against Republican attacks, rather than perpetuate them. We know the truth, we know that a background check was performed and the lieutenant governor lied, like everyone else in New York, I didn't want to believe it. When it became evident that it was in fact true, I called for his resignation, worked with the legislature to take him off the ballot, and streamlined the process of investigating potential statewide nominees. But every minute we spend on this we are taking away from the fact that we have to fight for families, we have to be sure every kid goes to college, that the right to choose is enshrined, that we don't go backward on LGBTQ issues, and that big business doesn't roll over the little guy. That's why I'm running for President, not to mudsling non-issues to get a soundbite."

Rally in Columbia

July 4th: NY
home with family in Buffalo
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2022, 02:07:13 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2022, 01:16:08 AM by CentristRepublican »

COOPER'S CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE
(JULY 5 - JULY 31)

Gov. Cooper starts off in the Carolinas, swings down to Southeast Florida for a climate meeting, heads west into Louisiana, and finally heads north along the Mississippi River up to Iowa.

JULY 5-7 - Tending to governor's duties and spending time with family in North Carolina's executive mansion.
JULY 8 - Campaigning in Columbia, South Carolina, with State Senator and Chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party Dick Harpootlian, after Harpootlian unveils his endorsement.
JULY 9 - Campaigning in Charleston, South Carolina, with Mayor John Tecklenburg, after Tecklenburg unveils his endorsement.
JULY 10 - Climate meeting with Senator Baldwin, Governors Hochul and Scott, and Vice-President Harris.
JULY 11 - Campaigning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with Mitch Landrieu.
JULY 12 - Campaigning in Tensas, Madison and East Carroll Parishes, Louisiana.
JULY 13 - Rally + fundraiser in Shreveport, Louisiana.
JULY 14 - Campaigning in Council Bluffs, Pottowatamie County, Iowa, with State Representative Charlie McConkey, who announces his endorsement.
JULY 15 - Town halls in Harrison and Monona Counties, Iowa.
JULY 16-17 - Rallies and town halls in Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa, with State Senator Jackie Smith and State Representatives Chris Hall and Steve Hansen. All three have given their endorsements.
JULY 18 - Town halls and other campaigning: heading north through Plymouth, Sioux, Lyon Counties, Iowa, then campaigning east, in Osceola County, Iowa.
JULY 19 - Town halls and other campaigningas the campaign traverseses south through O'Brien and Cherokee Counties, Iowa, then east, into Buena Vista County, Iowa, for a rally. Campaigning with Atty. General Tom Miller at stop in Buena Vista County.
JULY 20 - Town hall and mini-rally whilst traversing east through Pocahontas, Humboldt and Wright Counties, Iowa.
JULY 21 - Campaigning across Franklin County, Iowa, with State Sen. Amanda Ragan of the 27th district.
JULY 22 - In Cerro Gordo County, Iowa. He campaigns in Grant, Lincoln, Lake, Clear Lake, Union, Mount Vernon, Pleasant Valley and Grimes Townships with State Sen. Amanda Ragan of the 27th district, Lime Creek, Bath and Geneso Townships with State Rep. Sharon Sue Steckman of the 53rd district, and in Mason City proper with both Ragan and Steckman.
JULY 23 - In eastern Cerro Gordo County (Dougherty, Owen, Portland and Falls Townships, in that order) with State Rep. (and former House Minority Leader) Todd Prichard of the 52nd district, then campaigning east, through Floyd and Chickasaw Counties, with Prichard.
JULY 24 - In Fayette and Bremer Counties with Atty. General Tom Miller.
JULY 25 - In Butler, Fremont, Dayton, Jackson, West Point, Coldwater, Bennezette, Pittsford, Madison and Washington Townships in Butler County (in exactly that order) with State Sen. Ragan, as well as the southernmost tier of townships in Franklin County from east to west (namely, Osceola, Grant, Lee and Oakland Townships, in that order).
JULY 26 - Campaigning alone in northern Hardin County, then in Grundy County, then in southern Hardin County.
JULY 27 - Campaigning in Ames, Story County, Iowa (especially HD46) with State Rep. and Chair of the Iowa Democratic Party Ross Willburn.
JULY 28 - Heading west to spend the day campaigning in Boone County before returning to Ames to catch a flight to New Hampshire
JULY 29 - Debate in Goffstown, NH
JULY 30 - Heads south via the Everett Turnpike to Nashua, to campaign with State Sen. Cindy Rosenwald (of the 13th district), who has given her endorsement.
JULY 31 - Heads home from Nashua to North Carolina.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »

Baldwin 2024

Schedule for June 15-July 4

June 15
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan, with Liz Shuler, President of the AFL-CIO
I'm proud to receive the endorsement og the AFL-CIO this year.

For too long, the qworking people of the United States have been taken advantage of by corporate leaders, who seek to clamp down on their rights while lining their own pockets.

The best defence workers have is our unions. But our unions have been handicapped by the labour-killing Taft-hartley Act. I will repeal Taft-Hartley within the first 100 days of my Presidency, expand the minimum wage to a living wage, and restore American manufacturing!

Thank you for your endorsement, workers of America! I am your voice in this race!
-Internet town hall with Rep. Pocan and Gov. Evers.

June 16-21
-Campaign across Iowa. Focus on AFL-CIO endorsement and position Baldwin as candidate of labour, students, and workers.
-Rally in Des Moines with Charlie Wishman, President of the Iowa AFL-CIO
-Rally in Cedar Rapids
-Town hall in Iowa City
Of course, I readily welcome Ukraine into NATO. And I readily support a second Marshall Plan to aid in revuilding Ukraine. Their accession has been a long time coming, and I'm very happy to welcome them. I also want to extend a note of personal admiration to President Zelensky, who inspired not just the Ukrainian people, but indeed the whole world, to stand as one in the face of Russian aggression
-Town hall in Sioux City

June 23
-Introduce Stop Corruption Now Act to Senate. The bill will be sponsored by Rep. Pocan in the house.

June 25-26
-Campaign for Mitch Landrieu in Louisiana. Hold rallies, town halls, and focus on why Landrieu is a better choice for his stances on labour issues, anti-corruption, and education. Also point to his results as Mayor; lowered crime rates, closing the budget gap in New Orleans, creating over $8 billion in private investment and so on.

June 28-29
-Campaign for Andy Beshear in Kentucky. In particular, look to paint him as a firm supporter of the blue-collar worker and teachers. Point to his strong infrastructure plans, and his accomplishments in office.

June 30-July 1
-Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Campaign in general in new Hampshire. While campaigning, Baldwin responded to what Governor Cooper has said about her.

I'm only an extremist if one thinks that action on inequality, climate change, worker's rights, the minimum wage, and a range of other things is too extreme. I question where Governor Cooper is coming from to be honest.

July 2
-Build support for corruption bill

July 4
-Independence Day in Madison.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2022, 07:53:40 PM »

Republican Primary Polling

Iowa Caucus

Donald Trump 20%
Ron DeSantis 19%
Phil Scott 12%

New Hampshire Primary

Phil Scott 17%
Donald Trump 16%
Ron DeSantis 16%

Nevada Caucus

Donald Trump 19%
Phil Scott 11%
Ron DeSantis 11%

South Carolina Primary

Ron DeSantis 21%
Phil Scott 18%
Donald Trump 18%

Louisiana Primary

Ron DeSantis 19%
Donald Trump 19%
Phil Scott 10%

Democratic Primary

Iowa Caucus

Tammy Baldwin 25%
Kathy Hochul 18%
Roy Cooper 16%
Elizabeth Warren 9%
Kamala Harris 9%

New Hampshire Primary

Kathy Hochul 20%
Tammy Baldwin 20%
Roy Cooper 15%
Elizabeth Warren 10%
Kamala Harris 10%

Nevada Caucus

Tammy Baldwin 15%
Kathy Hochul 15%
Roy Cooper 15%
Kamala Harris 14%
Elizabeth Warren 7%

South Carolina Primary

Roy Cooper 30%
Kathy Hochul 14%
Tammy Baldwin 13%
Kamala Harris 10%
Elizabeth Warren 9%

Louisiana Primary

Roy Cooper 21%
Kathy Hochul 18%
Tammy Baldwin 13%
Kamala Harris 11%
Elizabeth Warren 8%

This turn ends on July 31, 2023 in game. There will be a Democratic Primary debate on July 29, 2023 at Saint Anselm College, in Goffstown, New Hampshire.

The turn will end when all players have posted or on Monday Night, June 6, at 11:59 PM, whichever comes second.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2022, 01:17:48 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2022, 01:54:01 PM by CentristRepublican »

JULY 8 - Campaigning in Columbia, South Carolina, with State Senator and Chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party Dick Harpootlian, after Harpootlian unveils his endorsement.
JULY 9 - Campaigning in Charleston, South Carolina, with Mayor John Tecklenburg, after Tecklenburg unveils his endorsement.
JULY 10 - Climate meeting with Senator Baldwin, Governors Hochul and Scott, and Vice-President Harris.
JULY 11 - Campaigning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with Mitch Landrieu.
JULY 12 - Campaigning in Tensas, Madison and East Carroll Parishes, Louisiana.

On July 8, Cooper resumes campaigning. He returns to Columbia, South Carolina's glorious capital, to campaign with State Senator and Chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party Dick Harpootlian. "Dick's always been a man of the people and for the people. He's championed the working class in his decades of public service. That you would support me in this fight means a great deal to me, Dick, and I promise you I won't disappoint you!" He then emphasizes his support for unions and a higher minimum wage. "I know Tammy Baldwin promises a $15 minimum wage, but that will not happen. I'm not going to make promises to you I can never realistically keep, just to win your vote. I'll tell you the truth, and here's that. I will fight my hardest for the working class when I'm president every day. And I will increase the minimum wage as high as I can. If I can get it to $15 an hour, which is unfortunately very unlikely to occur, I'll do it. If not, I'll take what I can get, be it $12 an hour or $10 an hour. Progress is progress. I'm not going to lie through my teeth and guarantee you or promise you a $15 an hour wage like Tammy Baldwin has done. I respect you enough that I will tell you the truth and hope you'll vote for me regardless. I am the true candidate for a higher minimum wage. Do not listen to a word of what Tammy Baldwin tells you, because there is no way to guarantee a $15 wage like she has done unless she has magic powers the rest of us don't. I'll fight for you all and get you as much as I can. Unfortunately, $15 is unlikely, but I'll get it as high as I can. And I'll look at other ways at helping the people who work long hours for little pay, too. I will fight right-to-work laws tooth and nail. My Department of Labor and my Department of Justice will look at this matter and we'll get those laws overturned. South Carolina is currently a right-to-work state. I will do my best to change that, too, as president."

The following day, he campaigns in Charleston with Mayor John Tecklenburg. He emphasizes climate change. "Charleston will be underwater unless we act now. This is not an overstatement. Four other candidates and myself will be meeting tomorrow in Miami to reveal some solutions we all collaborated on. This is a team effort and an international effort. We need to save our planet. The East and West coasts and the Gulf coast will all go underwater because of rising sea levels caused by the melting of ice caps and glaciers from global warming. We will fight global warming and it will be one of my biggest priorities as president."

[THE DETAILS FOR THE MIAMI CLIMATE REVEAL WILL BE DISCLOSED AT A LATER DATE.]

On July 11, Cooper flies into Baton Rouge to campaign with Mitch Landrieu. He discusses decriminalizing marijuana. “The House has already passed bills legalizing and decriminalizing marijuana. I promise you that during my presidency, pot will be decriminalized on a national basis. No more African-Americans, no more minorities at all, no more people period, will be thrown into jail for long periods of time for possessing a small amount of marijuana. People like Kamala Harris have made their careers by imprisoning these people for marijuana possession. Kamala Harris won't tell you, and she'll say she's all for decriminalization, but as DA in San Francisco, she was responsible for a lot of marijuana convictions. She was. Now look, I have no problem with prosecutors per se. I do have a problem with prosecutors who imprison people for marijuana possession and then say they're for marijuana. Kamala Harris is the candidate who has supported marijuana criminalization all along. If you think marijuana should be legal, do not support her! She is a flip-flopper on this issue, but at the end of the day, the fact of matter is she was originally for marijuana convictions. Go and ask the people who spent time in jail for possessing a little weed, who were prosecuted by Harris, if they think she’s for marijuana. I've been staunchly against it all along, since I don't think it's worthy of imprisonment at all. It is a personal choice and no one should be arrested for possession of a small amount of marijuana!”

RELATED TO COOPER’S REMARKS ON CANNABIS, HE AIRS ADS IN THE MEDIA MARKETS OF BOSTON, NEW ORLEANS, OMAHA, AND CEDAR RAPIDS - WATERLOO - IOWA CITY - DUBUQUE, IN WHICH PEOPLE CONVICTED ON CHARGES OF MARIJUANA POSSESSION BY KAMALA HARRIS EXPLAIN THEIR EXPERIENCES AND WHETHER THEY THINK HARRIS IS FOR MARIJUANA OR AGAINST IT.

On July 12, Cooper campaigns in Tensas Parish, Louisana, just west of the Mississippi. "This county is one of the most improverished in the country. I will not forget the people of Tensas Parish. I will get government aid. We need Medicare for this reason. We need healthcare, and we need better public schools and public works. I will fight for all those things, and I will fight for the people of Tensas Parish. I will not forget you." He makes similar remarks while travelling north, through the parishes of Madison and East Carroll.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2022, 02:50:23 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2022, 02:57:28 PM by CentristRepublican »

JULY 13 - Rally + fundraiser in Shreveport, Louisiana.
JULY 14 - Campaigning in Council Bluffs, Pottowatamie County, Iowa, with State Representative Charlie McConkey, who announces his endorsement.
JULY 15 - Town halls in Harrison and Monona Counties, Iowa.
JULY 16-17 - Rallies and town halls in Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa, with State Senator Jackie Smith and State Representatives Chris Hall and Steve Hansen. All three have given their endorsements.

Cooper heads across northern Louisiana on the evening of July 12 and early hours of July 13, arriving in the city of Shreveport, Louisiana's 3rd largest city. He holds a large rally near the Caddo Parish Courthouse in Shreveport. Today, his emphasis is on gun control. He discusses championing gun control in the wake of the Uvalde school shooting in 2022, as well as opposing the NRA. "The NRA and the Republican Party have obstructed gun control. I will champion gun control so that we have no more school shootings! We need strict universal background checks, red flag laws, and an increase in the age required to own guns. We need to ban AR15s and other lethal firearms. As president, I will have each of these reforms in a separate bill and we'll see what we can't get passed." He trains his fire on Kathy Hochul. "You know, as a member of Congress, Kathy Hochul was for the NRA and the NRA was for Kathy Hochul. The NRA - the same organization that practically bribes members of Congress and refuses to address school shootings, the organization with the blood of massacred schoolchilden on its hand, supported Kathy Hochul. Kathy Hochul in 2012 was one of just seventeen Democrats to support an NRA-backed measure. In return for her voting the way the NRA wanted to, she got its endorsement, which she then touted and trumpeted. So when Kathy Hochul tells you she's anti-NRA or for gun control, don't believe a word of what she says. Kathy Hochul is the NRA-endorsed candidate who touts the NRA's endorsement. And now she wants to take the Democrats of this country for a ride, by telling us she's against the NRA and in favour of gun control. It's outrageous!"

After some applause and after answering some questions, Cooper heads for a fundraiser. He rips into all the other candidates (Hochul: picking Benjamin as Lt. Gov and touting an endorsement from the NRA, as well as pposing drivers' licenses for undocumented immigrants; Harris: getting people convicted on marijuana charges, having low approvals, and telling illegal immigrants to "go back where they came from;" Warren: for being a lackluster candidate missing from the campaign trail; Baldwin: for telling tall tales and making promises she cannot keep).

After the fundraiser, Cooper boards a flight for Council Bluffs in Iowa. He meets with State Representative Charlie McConkey, who gives his endorsement. Cooper mainly emphasizes his liberal agenda and for now, avoids attacking the other candidates, focusing mainly on slamming Republicans, particularly Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump. He discusses appointing pro-choice judges who will defend Roe vs Wade and Obergefell vs Hayes. He discusses his and the other candidates' environmental plan. He attacks Ron DeSantis as "an opportunistic bigot who has caused death in his state, who has had a bigoted and virulently anti-LGBT agenda, who forced one of the worst gerrymanders in the country onto Florida." He calls Trump a "crazy wannabe dictator who should retire to Mar-a-Lago instead of continuing to advance a xenophobic, divise, racist, sexist agenda that divides Americans rather than unite them." He says, "These are the two men we need to stand against. Above all else, we need to make sure neither of them enter the White House. That's one of the top reasons I'm running - I want to help build a better nation for my children and grandchildren, and for that, we need to make sure that these two people never win the presidency."

On July 15, Cooper heads north, still in western Iowa. During lunch, he hosts a town hall in little Missouri Valley, Harrison County. In Onawa, Monona County, Iowa, later that same day, he  discusses Kathy Hochul's flip-flopping on guns and illegal immigration. "The same Kathy Hochul who touted being endorsed by the NRA but now claims she's for gun control is the same Kathy Hochul who advocated deporting illegal immigrants before claiming she was for amnesty. Kathy Hochul is a liar and flip-flopper. The truth is, I don't know what she'll do if she's elected. What if she has another change of heart and decides she wants to deport illegal immigration, or decides she'll oppose gun control? Kathy Hochul has no compassion and she has no principles. She will change her political views depending on which way the wind blows, depending on what seems most politically convenient that day."

Flyers and emails are also sent out to voters revealing Kathy Hochul's flip flopping and hypocrisy on these issues. They include information on her about-face and flip-flopping on guns (the NRA endorsement and Hochul touting it) and immigration. They also include the full text of Cooper's speeches on immigration (see below) and Hochul's flip flopping (see above).

On July 16, he travels further north, to suburban Woodbury County. He discusses immigration.

"Donald J. Trump is a nativist and xenophobe who supported the policy of kids in cages, who has supported building a wall on our southern border. He supports deportation (and so does Ron DeSantis). He has made a number of racist and xenophobic remarks about Hispanic Americans. He is also an Islamaphobe who in 2017 made an executive order banning travel to the US from seven nations, all of them Muslim-majority. I will never forget what Khizr and Ghazalia Khan did. Their son Humuyan fought in the ill-fated Iraq War and died while fighting in 2004. They stood up to Donald Trump's Islamaphobia and they called him out. They discussed their son's heroic action and they discussed Donald Trump's Islamaophobia. Khizr Khan even pulled out a copy of the Constitution and offered it to Donald Trump. We are a nation of immigrats and immigrants, all immigrants, Hispanic or not, Muslim or not, make this country better, make this country what it is. The Statue of Liberty has engraved on it a message of hope, telling all immigrants that this country is for the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breath free. To achieve the American Dream and fulfill the promise the Statue of Liberty offers, we need to do a lot of things; we need to implement many changes and reforms. We need to be not building a wall seperating us from Mexico. We should be welcoming immigrants and refugees, refugees from places like Ukraine and Afghanistan. We should not be deporting longtime illegal immigrants who have not committed any crimes. We need to be granting them amnesty and a path to citizenship. We need to be making the immigration process easier. We need to reform this process. We need to pull illegal immigrants and their children out of the shadows. We need to end the policy of kids being seperated from their parents at the border and put in cages. We need to be compassionate. We need to fight xenophobia and nativism in all its forms.
As I already said, Donald Trump is a nativist, anti-immigrant, anti-refugee xenophobe. He supports kids in cages and he supports a wall on our southern border. Ron DeSantis is not much better. But for anybody who thinks all the Democrats running for president right now are all pro-immigrant and pro-reform, I have news for you. Kamala Harris and Kathy Hochul are NOT pro-immigrant. They lack compassion and they oppose reform. Kamala Harris told people in Central and South America in dire situations, 'Do not come.' Of course they shouldn't come illegally. But we should make the immigration process easier and we should allow in more refugees. We should treat these people facing poverty and proseuction with compassion. 'Do not come' is a comment that reflects well on Kamala Harris' empathy and how much she cares about these people. As for Kathy Hochul, she is not pro-immigrant like she says she is. Just like she's flip-flopped and done an about face on guns, she has flip-flopped and lied about her stance on illegal immigrants. She was not always for illegal immigrants. She fought against a law proposed by the Governor of New York that would give undocumented immigrants drivers' licenses. Don't get me wrong - the proposal had its flaws. But Hochul wanted to threaten illegal immigrants with arrest and deportation!"

Cooper will remain in Woodbury County for the evening. Tomorrow, he will meet with three state legislators from Sioux City who have endorsed them at multiple more rallies and town halls.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2022, 01:21:08 PM »

JULY 18 - Town halls and other campaigning: heading north through Plymouth, Sioux, Lyon Counties, Iowa, then campaigning east, in Osceola County, Iowa.

July 17 marks Cooper's second day in Sioux City. Today, he will hold three events in the city - the first with State Rep. Chris Hall, the second with State Sen. Jackie Smith, and the last with State Rep. Steve Hansen. After that and dinner in Sioux City, he will head north, to Plymouth County, where he will spend the night.

At his events, Cooper thanks the others for their endorsements and categorically slams the other candidates. Once again, he attacks Kathy Hochul for "taking a 180 degree turn" on guns and on immigration, calling her an "insincere, unprincipled career politician who will completely change her political views if she and her political handlers consider it politically expedient." He says: "The same anti-NRA Kathy Hochul we see now is that same Kathy Hochul we saw in 2012 touting an endorsement from the NRA. The same Kathy Hochul we see now advocating immigration reform wanted to deport illegal immigrants not too long ago." On Kamala Harris, he attacks her career as a prosecutor. "She prosecuted people and gave them long periods of time in jail for possessing a small amount of marijuana. She got them on marijuana convictions. Kamala Harris doesn't want marijuana decriminalized. She's thrown people in jail for using it!" On Liz Warren: "She's been off the campaign trail, and say what you will about Kathy Hochul and Kamala Harris, they agreed to put everything aside for a bit so we could meet together and collaboratively discuss climate change. They may be flip-floppers, but I will say that on the environment, I have full faith in both candidates, as well I should. I sincerely hope whether it's a Cooper presidency or a Harris presidency or a Hochul presidency or a Baldwin presidency, we'll see meaningful action taken to address climate change. And Harris and Hochul and Baldwin and seem to hope and want that, too. However, Elizabeth Warren didn't come. Fact is, she's been off the campaign trail. She has not connected with voters at all! Where's Warren? Nobody knows. Where's Warren?" "Nobody knows," the crowd shouts back. Several times, Cooper asks, "Where's Warren?", and each time, the crowd shouts back, "Nobody knows."

After that, Cooper departs to embark on the next leg of his journey through Iowa - he will now finally campaign across much of the state's northeastern quadrant. He begins this by heading into rural Plymouth County, where he spends the evening. Early on the morning of July 8, Cooper personally knocks on the doors of Plymouth County voters and asks them to vote for him, as well as making a little speech near the County Courthouse in Le Mars. He continues heading northward after that, to Sioux County. In Sioux Center, Cooper discusses policies that would help farmers. However, he departs for Iowa's northeasternmost county, Lyon, having lunch and waving at Sioux County voters while he heads north. Cooper arives in Lyon County in the afternoon. In the evening, he arrives in Osceola County, his final stop for the day. Here, he gives an impassioned speech about connecting with voters in rural Iowa and rural America. "I'm on a mission to meet with voters properly in each of Iowa's 99 counties. To visit rural Iowa. To be out there on the ground, personally meeting with rural Iowans and discussing their concerns. The fact is, no other candidate, Republican or Democrat, has done this. They'll go to all the big cities like Des Moines and Cedar Rapids and Dubuque and Iowa City and Davenport and Sioux City. Sure, they'll give rural Iowa a cursory visit. They'll send their surrogates down and within a few days, they'll be able to say they've visited each of Iowa's 99 counties. That rankles me. They have enough time to spend in urban and suburban areas, and with their donors, but they don't really want to visit rural Iowa. They view each day spent in counties like Kossuth and Crawford and Lucas and Butler and Howard and Fremont and Mahaka and Washington, as just a day wasted, a day not spent meeting with urban voters or meeting with donors for fundraisers. They can't be bothered to listen to the concerns of the small business owner in Harrison County, or the concerns of the farmer in Union County or Franklin County. How can we expect them to care for rural voters, to enact policies that will beneift them, if they won't even bother meeting them, asking them personally for their votes, asking them about their concerns and their families and their jobs. A few of my campaign advisors have told me I shouldn't bother spending so much time campaigning in little square-shaped Iowa counties that don't have very many people. And I told them, no. I told them, I want to meet with those voters properly. I want to spend a good amount of time talking to them personally. Because you all are the people that have been taken for a ride by career politicians. They take you for granted. They don't ever meet with you or address your concerns - or hell, even bother to ask about them - but they do want your vote. Aside from your vote, they don't care about you. I will not forget, I will never forget, my journey meeting rural Iowans. Whether I win or lose. I've met voters from different parts of the state. I still have a very long way to go, and believe me, I intend to meet voters and familiarized myself and get to know people properly in each of Iowa's 99 counties. I won't send surrogates so we can visit all 99 Iowa's counties in two or three days just so we can brag that we did, and then forget all about counties like Emmet and Clay and Lee and Ringgold and Taylor. I will let my campaign schedule do the talking. I've had the time of my life communicating with rural Iowans, and it's been a pleasure to meet you all. I promise you this: if I win the presidency, and even if I don't, I won't forget you or leave you behind. If I'm president, I will keep your concerns and your interests at high priority. I will enact policies to help all of you. I will not be another career politician who leaves you behind. I love you, Osceola County, and God Bless America!" He s given a standing ovation.  
Cooper spends the evening in Osceola County, and after breakfasting there, he leaves for O'Brien County, Osceola's southern neighbour.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2022, 09:06:48 PM »

JULY 19 - Town halls and other campaigning as the campaign traverses south through O'Brien and Cherokee Counties, Iowa, then east, into Buena Vista County, Iowa, for a rally. Campaigning with Atty. General Tom Miller at stop in Buena Vista County.
JULY 20 - Town hall and mini-rally whilst traversing east through Pocahontas, Humboldt and Wright Counties, Iowa.
JULY 21 - Campaigning across Franklin County, Iowa, with State Sen. Amanda Ragan of the 27th district.

On July 19, Cooper starts off in O'Brien County and then heads south, in Cherokee County. He hosts a town hall in Cherokee, Cherokee County. He answers questions where he reiterates his "unequivocal opposition to the death penalty, in all cases", among other things. By afternoon, he heads east for his final stop of the day, Buena Vista County. He meets with Attorney General Tom Miller and the the two hold a rally in Storm Lake. Miller explains why he's for Cooper and Cooper outlines some of the key points in his agenda - "comprehensive and thorough action to combat climate, including but not limited to the 17 points we shared in Miami," "reforming the immigration process so that it's a little less difficult to pursue the American dream", "making the rich pay their fair share by repealing the Trump tax cuts",  "tackling gun control and learning from our past mistakes to ensure massacres like Parkland and Uvalde never again occur in our nation's great schools", forgiving student debt, "adding on to Obamacare and providing coverage to more people", "raising the minimum wage and passing a national law against right to work laws", and more. "I hope you'll support me in my fight for all those things! Together, we can fight for all Americans."

The next day, Cooper continues his journey east. First stop is in Pocahontas County, then Humboldt County, and finally, the county of Wright. He focuses on electability today, stating in Eagle Grove, his final stop of the day, that he is more electable than "a VP with consistently underwater approvals" (Harris) and "somebody off the campaign trail who's more or less refused to meet with voters or campaign at all and has remained hidden from the public" (Warren). "Other than those two and me, we've got flip-flopping Kathy Hochul, who can't decide her own views on issues like the NRA and immigration, who's views change depending on the day of the week, and we've got Tammy Baldwin, who has based her entire career on lies and false promises."

On July 21, Cooper arrives in the county of Franklin. He dedicates the day to visiting all corners of the county, starting in the southwesternmost township, Oakland. He is with State Senator Amanda Ragan, of Senate District 27. "Amanda, thank you for your endorsement! Together, we'll champion healthcare, diversity, immigration reform, the climate, and gun control. We can do it. I have full faith in America. I will invest in America. I hope like Senator Ragan, you will all join me in my mission to fight for all Americans from all corners of the country. Because we can achieve the American Dream for all Americans. No more leaving behind anybody. We'll get the minimum wage increased, we'll fight right to work laws, and we'll get more people insured - we will expand Medicare and Medicaid and we will continue where Obamacare left off. I won't lie to you and promise you what won't happen, because I respect all of you, but our potential is great and we can, and we will, take far strides for this great nation - with not a single Iowan, not a single American, left behind! I will serve all Americans, from those in Maine to those in Hwaii; all Iowans, from those in Fayette County to those in Fremont County, from those in Lyon County to those in Lee County." He keeps a positive tone as he goes through the entire county meeting voters and giving speeches.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2022, 09:22:36 PM »

Democratic Presidential Debate

Good Evening, I'm Megyn Kelly, and welcome to tonight's Democratic Presidential Primary debate, live from Saint Anselm College in Goffstown, New Hampshire.

The candidates will have the opportunity to respond to questions from me, and to respond to each other.

To Harris: Your record as San Francisco District Attorney and Attorney General of California has come under scrutiny by progressives and Black Lives Matters Activists. How do plan to make amends for this as President?

To Baldwin: Would you support legitimizing the regime of Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela?

To Hochul: Your past as a Blue Dog Representative has caused skepticism among progressives. How do plan to mollify them as President?

To Cooper: Would you support revisiting the Iran Nuclear Deal which former President Trump withdrew from in 2017?

To All: Would you support reforming the Presidential Primary calendar to require the first states in the primary process to be more reflective of the party?

To All: Would you consider mandated affirmative action in federal employment?

To All: Do you support an open borders policy for immigration?

To All: How will you address the ongoing opioid crisis?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2022, 01:55:33 AM »

To Cooper: Would you support revisiting the Iran Nuclear Deal which former President Trump withdrew from in 2017?

Cooper: "Well, Megyn, to be perfect honest I'd consult military and foreign policy advisors and ask them if they still consider it prudent. But yes, I'd most likely give it another look. We do need better relations with Iran, I know that much. I would perhaps rework certain aspects depending on what advisors suggest, but I would definitely have an open mind on this. A nuclear deal is a good thing in theory. The key is ensuring Iran will keep its end of the bargaining. The way Trump just walked out on it represents much of his presidency - brash, unpredictable, volatile, reactionary. I would give it another look, like I said, but not making any promises at the moment."

To All: Would you consider mandated affirmative action in federal employment?

Cooper: "Honestly, no. I understand there are wrongs of the past we need to correct - systematic racism, sexism, discrimination, you get the picture. And I do support diversity. But I do also support merit and in general, I'd prefer looking more at merit only and less at applicant's race, or gender. That has no bearing on how they'd to their job. I will not mandate affirmative action, no. I think what you'd find in a merit-based system is that since men and women are equally capable, white people and nonwhite people are equally capable, we'd get a diverse group of people employed by the government, that represent this great nation, and who are well-qualified. Our government is best served with well-qualified people chosen on merit. These people will represent this great nation, I promise you that. And, moreover and more importantly, they'd be the best people for the job, the most qualified and most deserving. There is no need for affirmative action to favour one gender over another or one race over another. 'Mandated affirmative action' makes me think of quotas. Quotas discouraged selections based on merit and forced the parties selecting applicants to have to consider race and appoint a certain number. I don't think that's necessary. Hard work and merit should be what gets you a government job, not your race or gender. My office would review applications without any affirmative action or any bias or any racism - we would look only at merit, and at the applicant's experience and qualifications. Their race or gender would be of no relevance."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2022, 08:33:37 PM »

GOVERNORS COOPER, SCOTT AND HOCHUL, SENATOR BALDWIN AND VP HARRIS REVEAL 17 CLIMATE CHANGE SOLUTIONS ALL FIVE HAVE AGREED TO ENACT IF ELECTED

1. Subsidization of Solar Panels/Energy (tax breaks for homeowners who switch to Solar); more Government Investment in Solar Energy
2. Manufacturers who make mainly environmentally-efficient vehicles can receive tax incentives; manufacturers who make gas-guzzlers will be fined. People will also be given small tax breaks for buying certain cars that run on renewable energy.
3. Big businesses/factories will be held accountable for the smog they emit and carbon receipts issued. Companies that prove they are carbon-neutral get tax breaks; companies that still remain carbon-negative will at some point be fined and saddled with extra taxes.
4. Businesses cutting trees will be required to grow an amount equal or greater - those who are noncompliant will face large fines.
5. Government hires young unemployed people to clear up plastic and remove plastic from beaches and small water bodies.
6. Government investment in hydrogen for manufacturing in order to create green steel
7. A generous transition impact fund set aside to help former coal miners
8. Establishment of Energy Innovation Center
9. Heavy investment into rail networks - to help make roads less crowded and to decrease reliance on less environmentally friendly modes of transportation.
10. Department of Education works to having a mandatory climate change course taught in public schools nationally in middle or high school, so that there is raised awareness and knowledge of climate change in the next generation.
11. Getting a deal with China and/or India, the world's two most populous nations, to have them also work towards reducing greenhouse gas emmissions and slowly transition to renewable.
12. Widening or expanding lanes for walking or biking to encourage and allow more eco-friendly methods of commute.
13. Regulations on Bitcoin mining and NFTs.
14. $1 trillion in green infrastructure investment, modernizing the power grid and roads
15. A guarantee that all buses and public-owned buildings are carbon neutral by the year 2035
16. A pledge to have national carbon neutrality by 2050
17. Greater disaster relief funding and extreme weather insurance
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2022, 08:50:14 PM »

@realDonaldTrump on Truth Social

The Dems have come up with another Socialist plan to steal your jobs and money, so they can feel good in their Mansions
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2022, 09:40:39 PM »

@RoyCooperNC on Twitter: "Donald Trump says Democrats want to steal your jobs and your money. We aren't stealing jobs, we're creating jobs, and unless you happen to belong to the top 1% of earners in this country, no, we don't want to raise taxes on you or 'steal your money,' as Trump puts it. WE are the party that will create jobs and will tax the rich their fair share, not tax the working-class and give tax breaks to just the top 1%, like Trump did in his 2017 tax cuts."
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2022, 08:17:41 AM »

With the need to focus efforts on establishing the Independent Commission Against Corruption and to give the Democrats the best possible chance in the Senate, Tammy Baldwin withdraws from the Presidential primaries and files for re-election to the Senate.

No endorsement will be made at this time.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »

JULY 22 - In Cerro Gordo County, Iowa. He campaigns in Grant, Lincoln, Lake, Clear Lake, Union, Mount Vernon, Pleasant Valley and Grimes Townships with State Sen. Amanda Ragan of the 27th district, Lime Creek, Bath and Geneso Townships with State Rep. Sharon Sue Steckman of the 53rd district, and in Mason City proper with both Ragan and Steckman.
JULY 23 - In eastern Cerro Gordo County (Dougherty, Owen, Portland and Falls Townships, in that order) with State Rep. (and former House Minority Leader) Todd Prichard of the 52nd district, then campaigning east, through Floyd and Chickasaw Counties, with Prichard.

On July 22, Cooper campaigns across Cerro Gordo County, home to Mason City. He campaigns with State Sen. Ragan, as well as State Representative Sharon S. Steckman (D-HD53). He begins in Geneso Township (on the county's southern border, neighbouring Franklin County) with Rep. Steckman. He then enters Swaledell, Pleasant Valley Township, to campaign with Ragan, and the same in Burchinal, Mount Vernon Township. He temporarily takes leave of Ragan to campaign with Sue Steckman when he swings east to Bath Township. He continues campaigning with Steckman in southern Mason Township, but then enters Mason City limits, where he holds a rally with BOTH Ragan and Steckman. He gives a rousing speech about uniting the country and fighting for all Americans. He then heads west to Lake Township with Ragan, and then does the same up in Lincoln Township. He ends the day campaigning with Steckman in Lime Creek Township.

On July 23, Cooper campaigns with Rep. (and fmr. Min. Ldr.) Todd Prichard, starting off in Falls Township (Cerro Gordo County's northeasternmost township), progressing south through Portland, Owen and Dougherty Townships along Cerro Gordo County's eastern border, and then in Floyd and Chickasaw Counties. Prichard gives glowing praise to Cooper - "a committed fighter who has been the only candidate to show interest in listening to everyday Iowans, to speaking with them and campaigning with them in every corner of the state day in and day out, listening to their concerns and their opinions and putting them above donors" - as the day progresses, and Cooper thanks Prichard and praises him in turn. "Well," Cooper smirks when Prichard praises him at a rally in Charles City, "Being the best candidate in the race, Representative Prichard, isn't too tough, not when your opponents in the primary are candidates who get support from the NRA and want to deport illegal immigrants before claiming they support gun control and immigration reform; who prosecute people and land them in jail on marijuana convictions, but then say they're for marijuana; and who don't bother to campaign with anybody at all. There's simply not much competition!" The audience laughs.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2022, 03:20:11 PM »

[PLEASE NOTE: Cooper's response to the opioid crisis is assumed to have been made BEFORE Tammy Baldwin dropped out of the race. An exact date for Baldwin announcing she wasn't dropping out was unspecified, whereas the debate is known to have occurred July 29, 2023. Thus, the assumption is Baldwin exited the race after that date. Cooper's response to the question should be regarded as such, and as an attack at a rival, not an ex-rival.]

To All: Would you support reforming the Presidential Primary calendar to require the first states in the primary process to be more reflective of the party?

Cooper: "I have an open mind on this, frankly. Obviously Iowa's and New Hampshire's Democrats are not very representative of the national party, being less diverse, and more progressive. So I have an open mind on this matter and it would depend on the specific details of the proposal. But even if we were to do something, there would be a lot of limitations. New Hampshire, for instance, has a law whereby it must be the first state to host a presidential primary. I don't think we're getting around that; New Hampshire must be the first state to hold a primary."

To All: Do you support an open borders policy for immigration?

Cooper: "Very honestly, I don't think so. I'm all for immigration reform and making it easier for people to move here to pursue the American dream. Getting a Green Card, the whole immigration and citizenship process, should be revisited and it should be a little less difficult. Unlike Governor Hochul, I don't want to deport our illegal immigrants - I think amnesty for the children of illegal immigrants is certainly a better idea. And I one hundred percent oppose a border wall. But I don't think we should be going to the other extreme on this, very honestly. Open borders would be going a little too far for me personally."

To All: How will you address the ongoing opioid crisis?

Cooper: "This is a serious crisis. A report estimated that about one hundred and thirty people a day die from opioid-related drug overdoses. In the past two decades, 850,000 people have died from drug overdoses. In Tomah, Wisconsin, in 2014, Jason Simcakoski , a 35-year-old Marine Corps, died from opiate overdose. It was because of over-prescription. Senator Tammy Baldwin did nothing about this, even after that. There was an investigation into the Tomah VA by the Department of Veterans Affairs. But Senator Baldwin did nothing, throwing others under the bus and hiring fixer-lawyers as the situation grew ever worse. Jason Simcakoski's widow herself lay the blame with Baldwin for refusing to address this crisis. We need a leader in the White House who will take accountability for this crisis, take this issue seriously. I will be that leader. There will be investigations and inspections and better accountability and accounting regarding prescriptions. No more will people like Jason Simcakoski and their families suffer because of government oversight, government carelessness, and government incompetence. Our elected officials absolutely need to do something about this crisis, and unlike Senator Baldwin, I promise I won't pass the buck."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »

JULY 24 - In Fayette and Bremer Counties with Atty. General Tom Miller.

July 24. Cooper spends the morning with Attorney General Tom Miller in Fayette County County, before swinging west to Bremer County. Attorney General Miller hails Cooper "as the most honourable, the most liberal, the most electable, and the absolute best candidate for president" at a rally in Waverly, Bremer County. Cooper thanks Miller and discusses his liberal economic agenda: "When I'm president, we'll enact a progressive tax structure - not only will Trump's 2017 tax cuts for the rich be reversed, we'll further tax the top 1%. We will tax the 1% their fair share, once and for all. The middle-class needs to catch a break and the GOP doesn't want them to - they only want to enact self-serving tax cuts for the 1% who fund their campaigns. It's time for that to change! And Attorney General Tom Miller agrees with me. He's served Iowans for decades, and he wants the middle-class in places like Waverly to get their fair shake. We're going to rise taxes on the top 1% and we'll use that money so that we can help fix our public schools and expand upon Obamacare and Medicaid. It can be done. Don't listen to the GOP. They'll fight us tooth and nail, their billionaire donors will fight us tooth and nail, but as president, I will never waver in my fight for the middle-class!! Attorney General Miller knows this. Attorney General Miller agrees with me that it's well past time we truly fought for the middle class and stopped licking the boots of the top 1%. He wants this party to nominate somebody who can both win the presidency, and then fight for the middle class. And that's why he endorsed me. I will not disappoint him, nor the middle-class, nor the people of Iowa who trust me to fight for them and their interests and their children and grandchildren!"
Cooper had touched upon similar themes with Miller at his two short stops in next-door Fayette County: Oelwein (Fayette's largest city) and West Union (Fayette's county seat).

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2022, 04:52:22 PM »

JULY 25 - In Butler, Fremont, Dayton, Jackson, West Point, Coldwater, Bennezette, Pittsford, Madison and Washington Townships in Butler County (in exactly that order) with State Sen. Ragan, as well as the southernmost tier of townships in Franklin County from east to west (namely, Osceola, Grant, Lee and Oakland Townships, in that order).

Cooper begins July 25 in Butler County, the home county of longtime Republican Senator Charles Grassley. He is with Sen. Amanda Ragan. He begins his journey in Butler Township, then goes through Fremont, Dayton, Jackson, West Point, Coldwater, Benezette, Pittsford and Washington Townships. "My belief has always been that the American government should serve the people. It should serve the poor, the sick and the needy. It should serve as a beacon of freedom for people worldwide. All my life, I've wanted to help in pursuing those ideals. Right now, running for president, we have a lot of people who oppose those ideals. There is Donald Trump. He wants us to close ourself off from the rest of the world. He is a bigoted misogynist who has actively tried to assault our democracy as we know it. His presidency was an abject disaster. He stands counter to America's ideals of freedom and diversity and democracy. Ron DeSantis is also a bigoted homophobe and transphobe who as governor of Florida has done nothing to help Floridians, but has instead targeted trans people and gay people. We need to fight back hard against their bigoted, anti-democracy ideas, with our own ideals, our ideals of a government for the people, by the people, and of the people, a government that welcomes immigrants, a government that does not trample upon its own citizens. A government that only gives tax cuts to the rich, a government which targets its own citizens, a government which looks the other way to existential crises such as our gun violence epidemic and climate change - that is what we will get if we let the Republican Party win the White House. To quote Lyndon Johnson, "These are the stakes, to create a world in which all of God's children can live." You must understand - this is no ordinary election. In 2020, we came awfully close to letting Donald Trump remain in the White House. We are on the brink of letting him reenter at this time. We need a strong and liberal candidate to defeat him and fight for our values and our ideals and our principles. There is myself. But we also have candidates who've thrown people in jail for possession of marijuana, candidates who have supported deporting illegal immigrants, candidates who have accepted and bragged about NRA endorsements, candidates who haven't been on the campaign trail, and candidates who have looked the other way to the overprescription of opioids. Unlike Kamala Harris, I can win and don't have approvals in the tank, and I've never had a problem with adults recreationally using a little marijuana every know and then. Unlike Tammy Baldwin, I intend to seriously address the issue of the opioid crisis, and address problems such as overprescription. No more Marine Corps veterans will die because our government overprescribed them opioids and other drugs. Unlike Kathy Hochul, I will never cave to or cater to the NRA, and I will never, ever accept their endorsement, let alone tout it, as she did, nor try to deport illegal immigrants. Unlike Elizabeth Warren, I'll actually take our climate crisis seriously. Unlike all four of them, I will listen to all of you. Unlike all four of them, I care about people other than rich donors. The other four candidates haven't even bothered to give Butler County or any of rural Iowa much attention. They take your votes for granted. They figure, even if they lose your vote, it's all right, because they think they can win the caucuses by getting votes out of Des Moines and Cedar Rapids and Iowa City and they think they can just ignore the rest of the state. They do not value your concerns. They cannot be bothered to campaign out in rural Iowa - they'll send campaign surrogates, or they'll do a quick whistle-stop campaign to just get it done and over with in three or four days. Not me. America values each and every one of its citizens, and so do I. I will not forget any of the many people I've met on the campaign trail, the people I will meet on the campaign trail. I've listened to your concerns and when I'm in the White House, I promise to you I will not forget them. Your concerns matter to me infinitely more than whatever the donors might tell me. I won't pretend I don't care about what they say at all, but I care much more about the American people. Whether you'r rich or poor, gay or straight, male or female or nonbinary, black or white, urban or rural, and whether you vote for me or against me, I intend to serve you as president, and do the very best I can to build a better nation for you, and a better future for your children." The speech is recorded and is emailed to Cooper's supporters, and uploaded to his campaign's YouTube channel, where it quickly goes viral and racks up tens of thousands of likes and views. The Butler County Speech, as it is called, is the highlight of the day, but Cooper also does other campaigning. After departing from Butler County at around 4:50 PM CT, Cooper swings through southern Franklin County, from Osceola to Oakland Townships and everything in between. He spends the evening in little Oakland Township, Franklin County, Iowa.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies