2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:35:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10441 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 06:16:21 AM »

John Kerry TV/Radio Ad: Herbalife

Herbalife was a pyramid scheme marketing company that scammed thousands of Americans out of their life savings. They preyed upon the most vulnerable, especially in poor Latino neighborhoods without strong English skills.

The FBI opened an investigation into their practices. So did the Federal Trade Commission, as well as many states.

Who did not investigate Herbalife? California under then-Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Prosecutors in the Attorney General's office wrote lengthy memos about holding Herbalife accountable, but Harris never opened an investigation or even acknowledged the prosecutors. At the same time, she was accepting donations from wealthy Washington lobbyists working for Herbalife.

Activists came knocking at her door. Still nothing. Harris had the opportunity time and time again but refused to act.

The federal government won a $200 million settlement against Herbalife's fraud. Kamala Harris? Thousands for her campaign but $0 for the American people.

I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

The ad shall play in the following states: Alabama, American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 02:13:13 AM »

John Kerry Press Conference

REPORTER: Secretary Kerry, what is your reaction to Kevin McCarthy blocking the Stop Corruption Now Act from coming to a vote in the House?

KERRY: Before the Senate vote on the SCNA, I warned Republicans that if they didn't vote to pass this crucial legislation, the American people will vote their conscience this November. Now that we have seen what Speaker McCarthy has chosen to do, they have made their bed and voters will know exactly where they stand.

Time and time again, Republican leaders have shown themselves to be not only out of touch, but malicious. They have condoned a raped preteen carrying a forced pregnancy to term. Now they have chosen to keep their pocketbooks fatter while the corrupt stench of Washington politics remains. This is not what this country or its people deserve.

When I was a prosecutor in the Massachusetts DA office, we broke ground in prosecuting the Mafia and white collar crime of all stripes. I have been committed to clean government long before the rest of the candidates, and I know that my longtime friend Senator Baldwin will not give up in this fight despite the setback. We're going to apply pressure on all fronts and make sure that we earn a resounding mandate, first in the primaries and then in November.

REPORTER: As you know, former President Trump just returned to the campaign trail and made some pointed comments at you regarding your loss in 2004. What do you have to say in response?

KERRY: Oh, boy. *laughs* Donnie, sorest of all losers, decided to pop back in again after, what, weeks? Feels more like months. The only thing I have to say to him is ask how his multiple criminal investigations are going.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2022, 02:52:05 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2022, 03:01:40 AM by Spiral »

Kerry Releasing Comprehensive Medical Records

February 11 - Today, the Kerry campaign announced that they have released detailed medical records for Secretary John Kerry over the past 20 years. This represents a direct continuation from when then-Senator Kerry released decades worth of medical history during the 2004 campaign.

An examination of Mr. Kerry's recent health over the years show "very excellent numbers in both physical and mental acuity" and "a highly active lifestyle that counteracts [Kerry's] age, as well as risk factors which go along with age." The most serious health scare for the candidate during his time in public service occurred with a prostate cancer diagnosis in 2002, which he would be cured from by 2004. Latest records from Kerry come after this period and show no new conditions having transpired since then. The most significant health metric currently monitored for Secretary Kerry's long-term health is cholesterol, which has been slightly elevated in previous years but are more within guidelines in the past several years through proactive measures.

"I am proud to continue my longstanding record of honesty and transparency with the American people by publishing my full medical records," Secretary Kerry said in a statement for this release. "With this act, I implore my fellow candidates on both sides to immediately join me in doing the same. Voters deserve to know that their next President would be ready to serve at the top of their health." Kerry will be making an appearance on Good Morning America on the following day, February 12th, to discuss these records and their findings with a national audience.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 03:24:37 AM »

John Kerry Campaign Schedule: February 11-17

February 11: American Samoa

Secretary Kerry made another goodwill trip to the voting island of American Samoa, where he would this time congregate with local farmers and fishermen, along with the company owners for these various businesses. Kerry lauded the work of small businesses that make a difference in the world even in the hidden, overlooked corners of tiny populaces. Kerry and his campaign made strong overtures to the local Democratic Party about how the candidate is the sole one running who can unite all US territory and represent all groups of Americans. Following this trip, the campaign is very confident that GOTV operations are in place for a solid victory.

Never forget: you are just as Americans as us on the mainland! You work hard, you support your families, and you want the best for your children just like the rest of us. I'm here to tell you that President Kerry will support the development of local industries here--farming, fishing, and processing. We all rise together on this American journey.

February 12-13: New York/Virginia

Kerry first started his day on the 12th in New York City with a live, in-studio appearance on Good Morning America. This coincides with the 20 years of extensive medical records for the candidate released the day prior, which is the main topic of conversation for the interview. Following the appearance, Kerry and campaign staff made inroads with key donors; groups targeted in particular were those concerned about Vice President Harris's impression on general election voters, along with those holding out for a more progressive choice. For the rest of the 12th and the entirety of the 13th, Kerry returned to Virginia and focused his theme for the visit on healthcare. His Medicare for All proposal with a pragmatic streak, Kerry argues, is the solution that the most successful countries in the world have adopted and America needs to do the same.

Look, George, I think it's very simple. Voters want honesty. They don't want BS coming from us, and I can tell you that BS is even more infectious than COVID in Washington. *laughs* They're looking at this crew running and thinking, "Are they really up for the job or are they hiding something?" After now releasing about 50-something years of my medical history for the public, voters can see my full picture.

Voters have legitimate questions about my age. Absolutely. I know that I wouldn't trust any random 80-year-old to be President unless I knew what their general health is like. The last 20 years show a clean bill of health, both physically and mentally, with extensive details that I encourage you all at home to review at johnkerry.com. For those who don't rely on just paper reports, though, I get that. I would also encourage you to see how active we've been on the campaign trail, crossing back and forth across the nation, holding rallies, joining union organizers at demonstrations, and never giving up the fight on our next-generation agenda like the SCNA.

You know the last time that I had a bit of an accident? It was when I broke my leg as Secretary of State--while embarking on a miles-long bike race. Right after negotiating with Iran on the nuclear deal for hours on end. You try that at home.*laughs*

I commend Governor Cooper for joining my pledge and releasing his medical records. We have still yet to from Vice President Harris, President Trump, or Mr. McMahon. I'm hopeful we can make it happen with a little public pressure, though. *winks*

February 14: Massachusetts

Secretary Kerry spent Valentine's Day with his wife Teresa, enjoying the nightlife in Boston and chatting up patrons and onlookers on the street with well wishes upon recognizing the candidate.

Good to see you, man! Love conquers all!

February 15-16: Maine

Kerry made his first official stop of the campaign in Maine, hospitable territory for the candidate but still with the aim of ensuring victory and a convincing one at that. Kerry earned the proud endorsement of Senator Angus King earlier, who spent time canvassing with Kerry across key areas. Portland was a large focus for the first day as the two made appearances at local environmental and union groups. The following day would see the candidate traveling up north to lumber country, looking to attract attention in corners of the state that are typically overlooked by Democrats. This ties in with Kerry's underlying message of being the best candidate to unite not only the party, but the country.

Being here at the mills today with your great senator, Angus King, is truly a pleasure and honor. Angus is a dear friend and he has kept me informed about the state of local industry here in Maine and across New England. We've seen the decay of job providers here over decades, thanks to both mismanged trade deals and corporate greed. President Biden has been doing his best to bring American jobs back, and we've slowly but surely seen progress on this with his bills on infrastructure and inflation reduction. The fight still goes on, though, and you should know that I will be that fighter for you in the White House next January.

February 17: Alabama

Kerry returned to Alabama, this time with the two most prominent statewide Democratic surrogates anyone could have asked for: former Senator Doug Jones and Congresswoman Teri Sewell, both of whom endorsed Kerry a week ago. The three joined along for several campaign stops, concentrated in the Mobile and Birmingham areas, where they engaged with voters' questions along with attending a civil rights roundtable. The credentials of the two new endorsees, particularly with the large bloc of African-American voters, is seen as a pivotal opportunity to peel more and more votes away from Harris and Cooper. The Kerry campaign sees Alabama with great potential in being a Southern upset state in their column given the early and persistent investment.

Doug and Teri, you two have made my day traveling around with me today! I can't thank you both enough for everything you've done for Alabama and the country. We stand united in the urgency of the new civil rights movement happening in our country. Congress must pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act that failed in our last Congress. I call upon leaders, both Democratic and Republican, to make their voices on the act clear this year, in 2024. Should McCarthy and McConnell pull the same shenanigans as they did with Stop Corruption Now, I'll just have to take it myself as President next year. *applause*
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2022, 05:00:20 AM »

Kerry Super Tuesday Strategy

In the leadup to voting on Super Tuesday, the Kerry campaign is pushing an aggressive daily schedule and an ever increasing presence of prominent surrogates--encompassing all wings of the Democratic Party--to spread the message. The following are basic, preliminary goals and measures to maximize victory on Super Tuesday:

-Ensure massive victories in all of New England, claiming as many delegates in the home region as possible given the proportional system.
-Solidify Kerry as the chief rival to Harris in the West through the loud and proud trumpeting of progressive values, particularly sharp attacks and contrasts with the Vice President's record.
-For California in particular, peeling off as many Harris and Cooper voters as possible is a must to stay competitive in the delegate count. Kerry is making a highly sophisticated play for institutional support which could tip the favors away from Harris quicker than expected.
-Earn respectable, delegate-receiving numbers across the board in Southern states. Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma are the most heavily targeted for their propensity to have older, traditional Democrats that could disproportionately favor Kerry from name recognition and years of service.
-Consolidate support among key demographics such as Latinos and Asians, both of whom have seen a level of drifting away from Democrats in recent elections. Kerry shall be making the most aggressive play that he is the candidate who can speak best to their values through his platform and his ability to unite all factions of the party.
-For the long-term success of the campaign in the primaries, emphasize to voters over and over through action and example that he is the leader of the progressive wing and work closely with progressive leaders, from elected officials to union organizers to environmental advocates. The campaign believes they will have great fortunate in compare-and-contrasts against both Harris and Cooper, and will ensure that voters are aware of all three candidates' records.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies