PA-HD184: Philadelphia Dems endorse Trump supporter over left-wing incumbent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:17:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-HD184: Philadelphia Dems endorse Trump supporter over left-wing incumbent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-HD184: Philadelphia Dems endorse Trump supporter over left-wing incumbent  (Read 1599 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2022, 10:34:40 AM »

This isn't an isolated incident or anything. This is a pattern of showing support for Donald Trump since 2020.

When I say there are those in the Democrat Party who hate us more than fascists, this is the stuff I mean. These people need to have their funding cut off and be denounced by the national apparatus. There's a clear difference between endorsing a primary challenger against an incumbent and backing a literal MAGA guy against them.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »

The Philly Dems are such a joke.
Pink Panther

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »

Spark is probably running in laps right about now.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 10:17:07 PM »

LOL
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 08:23:55 AM »

Sprouts did this
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 07:36:45 AM »

LOL
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 10:31:01 PM »

Any party that reimposes mask mandates = Hilarious Party
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 11:05:28 AM »

Yeah I believe he said he's working for Fiedler's challenger.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 11:06:50 AM »

Any party that condones and supports insurrection and baseless election lies < Any party that reimposes mask mandates
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 01:24:35 PM »

Any party that condones and supports insurrection and baseless election lies < Any party that reimposes mask mandates

Any party that prefers insurrection supporters to progressives = joke party
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 01:26:49 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9MpH_N4eVY
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 01:39:57 PM »

That's the Republicans.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 02:00:31 PM »

This isn't an isolated incident or anything. This is a pattern of showing support for Donald Trump since 2020.

When I say there are those in the Democrat Party who hate us more than Republicans, this is the stuff I mean. These people need to have their funding cut off and be denounced by the national apparatus. There's a clear difference between endorsing a primary challenger against an incumbent and backing a literal MAGA guy against them.

I mean yeah, back when I considered myself a dem, I also liked some Republicans over some progressives. There's a pretty large difference between someone like 2008-2012 Obama and someone like AOC. Progressives like AOC Omar etc can be effing nuts -- not hard to see why people would like some Republicans over the Squad.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 04:31:28 PM »

That's the Republicans.

And apparently the Democrats in Philadelphia as well.

I mean yeah, back when I considered myself a dem, I also liked some Republicans over some progressives. There's a pretty large difference between someone like 2008-2012 Obama and someone like AOC. Progressives like AOC Omar etc can be effing nuts -- not hard to see why people would like some Republicans over the Squad.

There's a difference between Ilhan Omar or AOC and Elizabeth Fiedler.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2022, 02:34:55 PM »

The Left is a threat to the stability of our nation, as they refuse to accept the virtues of a mixed market.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 02:40:55 AM »

The Left is a threat to the stability of our nation, as they refuse to accept the virtues of a mixed market.

Mixed market? Now you're talking my language.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 03:00:57 PM »

Some of the Bernie Bros here need to chill out big time. We have one state house district where the Democratic organization inexplicably endorsed some recent Trump supporter over a progressive, which is undoubtedly related to personal and patronage level disputes in a safe Democratic District.

Let's kindly not try to use this one and obviously localized incident to both sides things and say that now Democrats are just as bad as Republicans on the tiny little subject of Insurrection against the country.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 04:28:09 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 04:08:48 AM by Cigna Conor »

Some of the Bernie Bros here need to chill out big time. We have one state house district where the Democratic organization inexplicably endorsed some recent Trump supporter over a progressive, which is undoubtedly related to personal and patronage level disputes in a safe Democratic District.

Let's kindly not try to use this one and obviously localized incident to both sides things and say that now Democrats are just as bad as Republicans on the tiny little subject of Insurrection against the country.

We aren't the ones that endorsed MAGA.

Gotta love the casual paternalistic racism/sexism too. Nothing proves your loyalty to the party more than "Anything aside from the Dem line serves white male interests."
Pink Panther

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 04:40:09 PM »

I can't find a Twitter link or anything, but I have just learned Spark's boy got completely clapped last night:

Fiedler: 77.8%/6,158 votes
Giangiordano: 22.2%/1,755 votes

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 05:23:58 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2022, 05:28:43 PM by Summertime in PA »

Gee, it's almost like being a blatant Trump entryist running as a Democrat doesn't fly with the actual voters!

But never mind that. I'm just a Bernie Bro because I'm mad over a state representative race where the party in the small town of checks notes Philadelphia, PA endorsed a Republican entryist.

The simps will say and do anything to keep their romanticized idea of the Democratic Party alive. Nothing bad they do is their fault, and if it is, then it's no big deal.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 05:59:38 PM »

justice served Purple heart
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »

I can't find a Twitter link or anything, but I have just learned Spark's boy got completely clapped last night:

Yeah, it's pretty hard to win when you enter the race late and against tactics that are unfair.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 08:08:51 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty hard to win when you enter the race late and against tactics that are unfair.

cope
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 10:33:52 PM »

Gee, it's almost like being a blatant Trump entryist running as a Democrat doesn't fly with the actual voters!

But never mind that. I'm just a Bernie Bro because I'm mad over a state representative race where the party in the small town of checks notes Philadelphia, PA endorsed a Republican entryist.

The simps will say and do anything to keep their romanticized idea of the Democratic Party alive. Nothing bad they do is their fault, and if it is, then it's no big deal.

Oh put a cork in it. This was obviously all about local politics and patronage and blah blah blah. Some asinine Democratic party insiders got their asses rightfully handed to them when they endorsed some jackass Republican. But trying to conflict this with the Democratic party at large out of one f****** State Assembly District makes you look downright silly.

Seriously, just go sit down with Jay Fern and have a nice Mutual b**** Fest while the rest of us actually seek to elect progressives and keep assholes like this guy out, and for that matter seek to punish the Rogue- yes, Rogue - Democratic committee members who allowed this farce of an endorsement to occur
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 12:21:12 AM »

Oh put a cork in it. This was obviously all about local politics and patronage and blah blah blah. Some asinine Democratic party insiders got their asses rightfully handed to them when they endorsed some jackass Republican. But trying to conflict this with the Democratic party at large out of one f****** State Assembly District makes you look downright silly.

Seriously, just go sit down with Jay Fern and have a nice Mutual b**** Fest while the rest of us actually seek to elect progressives and keep assholes like this guy out, and for that matter seek to punish the Rogue- yes, Rogue - Democratic committee members who allowed this farce of an endorsement to occur

If you want to name-call and throw a sh*tfit, that's fine, but that doesn't address anything I've posted.

The fact is Democratic Party of a city that's about as populous as Hawaii is actively backing Trump supporters. Michael Giangiordano is not a moderate. He's not even a Manchin or a Sinema. Michael Giangiordano is an avowed, unapologetic Trump supporter running as a Democrat to get elected.

I'd also like to remind you that this isn't a ward endorsement. This isn't the acts of a few rogue commiteepeople. This is the city party. The ward leaders are the ones with the most influence over the process. Some are even saying that Bob Brady himself influences the ward leaders.

How do you punish the leaders of a party when the leaders don't want to punish them? The national party didn't do it in Rhode Island, where the exact same thing happened. And this was the state party! In fact, they even gave the RIDP head a spot in the DNC roll call.

Again - name-calling and petulant screeching do not make my post any less true and do not undo what the PHLDP did. How do you reform something where the rot extends all the way to the top?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies