SR 108-23: A Resolution Denouncing Atlas User jravnsbo (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:12:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 108-23: A Resolution Denouncing Atlas User jravnsbo (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SR 108-23: A Resolution Denouncing Atlas User jravnsbo (Failed)  (Read 1971 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2022, 04:32:14 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2022, 03:03:11 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

A Resolution Denouncing Atlas User jravnsbo

WHEREAS, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia previously recognized and thanked forum member Jravnsbo for his service in the United States Armed Forces;

WHEREAS, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia previously authorized and urged the President of the Republic of Atlasia to bestow the Atlasian Silver Star upon Jravnsbo;

WHEREAS, Atlas user jravnsbo has been charged with vehicular manslaughter and various other misdeeds;

WHEREAS, jravnsbo has bought great shame upon Atlasia by his actions;

RESOLVED, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby revokes any and all honors bestowed upon jravnsbo;

RESOLVED, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby denounces Atlas user jravnsbo.

Sponsor: CalamityBlue

The gentleman from Delaware is recognized
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 04:33:01 PM »

Long overdue.

Shame upon jravnsbo.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 04:33:33 PM »

This has my full support.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:43:58 PM »

Given his impeachment today, it make sense to support this. I think moving for unanimous consent might be the right move here, I don’t see why anyone would oppose this.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:02:46 PM »

Im fine denouncing him but it appears his gameplay was pre-reboot and is thus not canon (he hasnt been on this site since 2005), so must of this resolution is a nullity. An amended resolution listing him as SD Attorney General  wod probably be what we need and would likely garner unanimous support.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 05:21:11 PM »

A good reason never to bestow honors upon members of the United States Armed Forces. You never know when they'll do something like this.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 10:16:46 AM »

I'm not exactly supportive of condemnations for past actions unrelated to gameplay. Not a particularly accurate analogue, in magnitude of RL crimes committed or otherwise, but the resolution condemning Alben for on-forum transphobia from a few months back comes to mind and the connection between the concerned player's RL actions and in-game actions appears about equally strong in either case, especially since in this guy's case any of his in-game actions or honors bestowed upon him should have been wiped out by the reset.

The other problem with listing him as SD's (current or prior) Attorney General would presumably be that in-game such a person already exists as an NPC.

Obviously the spirit of the resolution has my full support but I'm trying to untangle the logical endpoints of such an action here.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »

The other thing I guess could be said is that he committed the RL crime fifteen years after he "died" in-game by ceasing to play, which strongly implies we are condemning a former player for a crime he committed in an alternate universe while legally dead in this one.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »

I believe I also awarded him a Star of Atlasia while president. Would this repeal that honor?
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 06:35:33 PM »

I believe I also awarded him a Star of Atlasia while president. Would this repeal that honor?

Yes, this resolution revokes any and all honors, to the maximum extent allowed by law.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 01:05:53 PM »

The other thing I guess could be said is that he committed the RL crime fifteen years after he "died" in-game by ceasing to play, which strongly implies we are condemning a former player for a crime he committed in an alternate universe while legally dead in this one.

I would appreciate if the sponsor or anyone else could address this. As it stands this resolution appears to concern things that did not happen in Atlasia or indeed in this plane of reality.
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 03:12:55 PM »

I would appreciate if the sponsor or anyone else could address this. As it stands this resolution appears to concern things that did not happen in Atlasia or indeed in this plane of reality.

I hardly see why matters of semantics matter given that Atlasia has discussed legislation concerning things like Bigfoot. In any case, if he's dead then we have an epidemic of the dead driving into people, which is very scary indeed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 12:53:50 AM »

Not everyone has supported doing such resolutions on bigfoot though for instance. Are we obligated to resolve on most anything as individual players, because of something off the wall that MB or DFW or what have you sought to have us engaged in previously?
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 12:54:18 AM »

Not everyone has supported doing such resolutions on bigfoot though for instance. Are we obligated to resolve on most anything as individual players, because of something off the wall that MB or DFW or what have you sought to have us engaged in previously?

Yes. Duh.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 01:23:53 AM »

I hardly see why matters of semantics matter given that Atlasia has discussed legislation concerning things like Bigfoot. In any case, if he's dead then we have an epidemic of the dead driving into people, which is very scary indeed.
Bigfoot is a legitimate and serious topic of political debate.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 01:29:16 AM »

Yes. Duh.

You seem to have spelled the word no wrong. Tongue
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2022, 07:19:10 AM »

Yes. Duh.

You seem to have spelled the word no wrong. Tongue

Wow - brilliant rejoinder.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2022, 07:49:31 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2022, 07:55:06 AM by West_Midlander »

Bigfoot is a legitimate and serious topic of political debate.

A Private Conversation from the National Meeting of the Organization for Gun Rights in Topeka, KS at which Senators Dr. MB, West_Midlander, Ishan, and others attended

Dr. MB in a sasquatch costume and with a Dr. MB costume over top: You say my friends were asking you about Bigfoot?
West_Midlander: Yeah. They wanted to know if we kids* cared about Bigfoot and all.
Dr. MB: And, uh, what did you tell them?
West_Midlander: Heck, I don't believe in Bigfoot anymore. That's kid's stuff. Isn't it?
Dr. MB: Mmm. Just as I thought.
West_Midlander: You don't believe in Bigfoot, do you, Ishan?
Ishan: Why, uh, yes. Matter of fact, I do.
West_Midlander: How about you?
Dr. MB: Me? Why, of course I do.

*I am actually three children in a trenchcoat with the top one presenting as a child with close confidants.

Song begins

Dr. MB: I believe in Bi-igfoot (stressed to be 3 syllables)
Like I believe in love
I believe in Bi-igfoot
And everything he does
There's no question in my mind
That he does exist
Just like love, I know he's there
Waiting to be missed
Ishan: I believe in Bi-igfoot
But there was a time
I thought I had grown too old
For such a childish rhyme
He became a dream to me
'Til one Easter night
Someone stood beside my bed
With a beard of white (he was a senior Bigfoot)
"So you're too old for Bi-igfoot?"
He said with a smile
"Then you're too old for all the things
That make a life worthwhile
For what is happiness but dreams
And do they all come true?
Look at me and tell me, son
What is real to you?"
Dr. MB and Ishan together: Just believe in Bi-igfoot
Like you believe in love
Just believe in Bi-igfoot
And everything he does
Dr. MB: Wipe that question from your mind
Yes, he does exist!
Ishan: Just like love, you know he's there
Waiting to be missed
Choir (as Mr. R and Cao come to the table where their Senate colleagues are seated and join them in song): Just like love, I know he's there
Waiting to be missed

Sources:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436444.0
http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=947&t=35563
https://christmas-specials.fandom.com/wiki/I_Believe_in_Santa_Claus
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 12:44:49 AM »

The funny thing is that Bigfoot or sightings of Bigfoot do canonically exist.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 09:59:47 AM »

Quote from: Amendment to A Resolution Denouncing Atlas User jravnsbo

WHEREAS, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia previously recognized and thanked forum member Jravnsbo for his service in the United States Armed Forces;

WHEREAS, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia previously authorized and urged the President of the Republic of Atlasia to bestow the Atlasian Silver Star upon Jravnsbo;

WHEREAS, Atlas user jravnsbo has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, and various other misdeeds;

WHEREAS, jravnsbo , President ODB and Attorney General Truman who hasve bought great shame upon Atlasia by histheir actions;

RESOLVED, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby revokes any and all honors bestowed upon jravnsbo, President ODB and Attorney General Truman;

RESOLVED, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby denounces Atlas user jravnsbo, President ODB and Attorney General Truman.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2022, 10:19:31 AM »

I object. I am uncomfortable putting Truman and OBD in the same boat as a murderer (if he even is one/SD state AG ITTL). Also, impeachment proceedings have already begun against the former two anyway.
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 01:11:09 PM »

I object. I am uncomfortable putting Truman and OBD in the same boat as a murderer (if he even is one/SD state AG ITTL). Also, impeachment proceedings have already begun against the former two anyway.

Seconded.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2022, 01:15:05 PM »

Who is “ODB”
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2022, 01:28:02 PM »

A vote on the amendment is now open. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2022, 01:36:35 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »