SB 108-22: No Funding Racists Act (Vote on Cloture)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 108-22: No Funding Racists Act (Vote on Cloture)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SB 108-22: No Funding Racists Act (Vote on Cloture)  (Read 1652 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2022, 04:31:05 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2022, 02:19:12 AM by Senator WD, PPT »

No Funding Racists Act

1. All regional governments shall be compelled to provide public funding to anti hate groups, such as the Anti Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

2. The regions must provide an amount proportional to an amount totaling $0.50 per the resident of the region.

3. Regions may raise these funds in any manner that they desire.

4. Any region which does not provide its required amount shall be labeled a racist region and be deprived of all federal funding until it pays its required amount.

5. The regions shall still be expected to pay off any and all debts to the federal government or other creditors

6. A region may apply for a loan from the federal government to pay off the required amount once every 3 years.

7. If a region does not pay its required amount for a period of two years, the region shall be declared insolvent and its credit rating may be downgraded.

8. The government shall then bail out the bankrupt region, but will direct the usage of any funds that shall be allocated. Federal inspectors shall oversee the allocation of these funds.

9. Regions shall not regain financial independence until all outstanding debt has been paid off.

Sponsor: S019

The gentleman from New Jersey is recognized.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »

Well this bill would help to fund anti-hate groups which help to point out racist organizations. Given a region recently decided to defund these organizations, it is clear that federal interference will be needed to defeat the scourge of racism in Atlasia.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 04:42:29 PM »

Must be nice to get same day floor privileges. Ive got 3 bills from February still languishing in the queue.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:51:31 PM »

I don't think I support a single clause of this bill.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 06:34:09 PM »

The Unconstitutional Federal Overreach (aka the True Face S019) No Funding Racists Act

1. All regional governments shall be compelled to provide public funding to anti hate groups, such as the Anti Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

2. The regions must provide an amount proportional to an amount totaling $0.50 per the resident of the region.

4. Any region which does not provide its required amount shall be labeled a racist region and be deprived of all federal funding until it pays its required amount.

5. The regions shall still be expected to pay off any and all debts to the federal government or other creditors

6. A region may apply for a loan from the federal government to pay off the required amount once every 3 years.

7. If a region does not pay its required amount for a period of two years, the region shall be declared insolvent and its credit rating may be downgraded.

8. The government shall then bail out the bankrupt region, but will direct the usage of any funds that shall be allocated. Federal inspectors shall oversee the allocation of these funds.

9. Regions shall not regain financial independence until all outstanding debt has been paid off.

I propose the above amendment to the title to reflect the actual contents of the bill.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:49:51 PM »

As the Senator has form I might as well just save myself some typing.
This is yet another bill sponsored by a Karenesque Senator who hates the regions and once again is pushing for the Federal government to overstep its authority and jurisdiction, pushing an anti region agenda.

Motion of table this anti Region bill once its met the minimum debate time threshold.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »

to reflect how seriously this bill should be taken i propose changing this to the "funding racists act" which sends 50 million to the NSM and 50 million to richard spencer

seconding the motion to table when the minimum period ends.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »

Declaring a region insolvent because they don't fund organizations you like is a take even for S019.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 09:06:21 PM »

This is yet another bill sponsored by a Karenesque Senator who hates the regions and once again is pushing for the Federal government to overstep its authority and jurisdiction, pushing an anti region agenda.

Motion of table this anti Region bill once its met the minimum debate time threshold.

I put the same effort into this bill as your region put into their bill to stop funding anti-hate groups. If you're allowed to be openly racist, I am allowed to be openly anti-racist.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 03:16:33 AM »

Incompetent Senator needs others to tell him what racism is
A Labor Senator seems to not know what racism is and wants to publicly fund organisations using unconstitutional means to tell him what it and who is doing it. The senator in question was heard to say "I keep hearing the N word, and not just from those vile federalists either." When challenged as to what the N word he was referring to was he said to have responded with "a word that meant the negation of something." When further pressed it was revealed to be a two letter word staring with "N" and ending in "O".  Our sources inform us that the senator said "I believe its extremely racist to say that word. Every time I want to do something authoritarian, that's nicely neolib and moderate, they all say the N word at me."

Come In Spinner is a "satirical source of truth". The contents of the publication are satire an should not be take seriously. If you are offended by a joke I suggest you consult your teddy bear, mother, or take this test. Upon request, proverbial concrete can be made available to harden up.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 04:38:13 AM »

I put the same effort into this bill as your region put into their bill to stop funding anti-hate groups. If you're allowed to be openly racist, I am allowed to be openly anti-racist.

For the record we didnt stop funding groups. We stopped funding a single group ... that has more than $100 Million parked in Cayman Islands bank accounts. Nobody said anything about the ADL except you. If only you put in the same effort in reading our bill as we put in to writing it.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »

Where are Lincoln Davis and the other Blue Dogs when you need them?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »

No Funding Racists Act

1. All regional governments shall be compelled to provide public funding to anti hate groups, such as the Anti Defamation League, Southern Poverty Law Center and the BLACK HAMMER PARTY.

If this truly was an anti-racist bill, BLACK HAMMER would be included.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 01:54:51 AM »

Proposing this amendment to highlight the effect this bill will have in unfairly targeting members of the Blue Dog Caucus, and also so WD has an opportunity to rule on the Muad'dib and Ishan amendments.

Quote from: Amendment Offered
No Funding Racists Walt Minnick, Chet Edwards, Lincoln Davis, Brad Ellsworth, Bart Stupak, Collin Peterson, and other Blue Dogs Act

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 02:00:36 AM »

I object to all three pending amendments
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 02:01:50 AM »

All three amendments are frivolous. Motion to table.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2022, 02:04:24 AM »

I object to the motion and move for a final vote
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2022, 02:06:40 AM »

I object to the motion for a final vote
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 02:19:00 AM »

A vote on cloture is now open. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2022, 02:19:19 AM »

Nay
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 02:22:08 AM »

AYE
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2022, 06:12:30 AM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2022, 08:08:46 AM »

Nay
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »

Nay
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2022, 05:02:24 PM »

Aye. I don't see the harm in having a final vote on a bill which is obviously gonna fail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies