Office of First Minister Scott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:29:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of First Minister Scott
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of First Minister Scott  (Read 4433 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2022, 10:25:15 AM »

The election is on Friday and so far, our only declared candidate for Parliament is theflyingmongoose. I would strongly urge Peebs, Battista, ASV, and Leinad(?) to declare ASAP.
Leinad isn't running, I'll only run if there isn't enough candidates.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2022, 10:27:34 AM »

Fremont has a legislature?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2022, 10:32:10 AM »

There shall be again. Already got the whip good and ready.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2022, 10:52:51 AM »

There shall be again. Already got the whip good and ready.
I wish you best of luck.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2022, 11:20:30 PM »

Polls are open! For Parliament, I am personally endorsing Battista, Peebs, Australian Swing Voter, and Ishan.

And, need it be said, a "yes" vote on the Make Peebs Cope Act because banning men is bad and unconstitutional mmmkay
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2022, 03:55:20 AM »

No votes to speak of in the election as of yet? Wow. 
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2022, 12:08:13 AM »

VICTORY!!!
Bloomberg

My friends, what an honor it is to be speaking to you all on this exciting Wyoming night!

And it certainly is a great night to be addressing you now as not only your Vice President, but for the first time in more than three years, as your First Minister-elect.

While most people already expected this win, we have prevailed. All Frémonters prevailed tonight - women and men. People who cast their ballots this weekend voted for reform. People voted for a Commonwealth, and a Parliament, that they could be proud of again. No longer will your long-held desires to get our legislators working again be met with the arrogance and dissent of a long-entrenched, and now convicted, former First Minister who met your criticisms with tiresome woes of "Frémont is already perfect!"

Anyone not named Harry Truman knows that's not the case - and hasn't been for some time. And this Wednesday, honor and dignity will be restored to Denver. Together, we will usher a new era here in the Free West.

Any and all unconstitutional edicts passed under the Truman Premiership will be rescinded. Our tensions with the South will be at ease. The healing can begin in Denver just as it has in Nyman and in the South - with Lincoln having also gestured towards peace.

For tonight, I can declare, the Kansas question is officially put to rest.

And you know what? I'll even extend my hand to Governor LouisvilleThunder too this evening. With the Wreck-It Caucus having officially been repudiated, penalized, and dismantled, there's only one direction we can go that's to the betterment of all the regions, regardless of other differences.

So here are my top priorities. First, a new Frémontcord will be established to replace the neglected one under the modship of our disgraced ex-First Minister. Second, a new bill reigning in Frémont's largest banks will be introduced as the first proposal of this new premiership's legislative agenda. Thirdly, MPs will be expected to contribute both legislation as well as amendments and discussion in this new Parliament (and boy howdy I will be rounding them up if they don't!).

One would, looking at the regional boards now, conclude that only two regions have working governments. No longer will Frémont fail to be represented where the real activity takes place.

The First Minister is, as you all know, a first-among-equals in our tradition. A voting member of this body, not unlike my new colleagues in the Parliament chamber.

I will also note that a good First Minister is one who knows when it is time to step down. That is to say to you, the people of this Commonwealth, that when I am without ideas and policies and the enthusiasm to keep Frémont and its citizens on the move, or when I no longer have the luxury of time to see to it, I will decline reelection so that someone new might take the reins and, hopefully, follow the example that I will be setting for future leaders of this region.

And now as the sun rises in the east, so it now sets in the West. In less than 72 hours now, we ride into this new chapter.

Thank you, Dave bless you, and Dave bless our great commonwealth!
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2022, 01:14:39 AM »

Congratulations.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2022, 02:22:55 AM »

Congratulations Mr. Vice President, best of luck.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2022, 02:34:54 AM »

Congrats!
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2022, 03:06:47 AM »

Congrats Scotty boy
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2022, 06:17:13 AM »

Congratulations!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2022, 06:22:26 AM »

Congratulations!!!!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2022, 08:00:03 AM »

Gratz!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13:56 PM »

Since I (curiously...) no longer had posting or viewing privileges in the original Frémontcord, a new one has been created. I urge all our MPs to join this one, preferably abandon the last one if you haven't, and I am implementing a "fresh start" policy for people who were banned from the original. Just don't use it to troll. All channels are visible to the public, but posts in #parliament will be reserved for the First Minister and MPs.

New emojis and the like will be added in time.

Join today, Frémonters and non-Frémonters alike!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2022, 10:30:18 PM »

Since I (curiously...) no longer had posting or viewing privileges in the original Frémontcord, a new one has been created. I urge all our MPs to join this one, preferably abandon the last one if you haven't, and I am implementing a "fresh start" policy for people who were banned from the original. Just don't use it to troll. All channels are visible to the public, but posts in #parliament will be reserved for the First Minister and MPs.

You are setting a splendidly brave and transparent example by doing this and I hope the other regions have the wisdom to follow your example.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2022, 10:50:29 PM »

I think Truman might have owned it so that explains it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2022, 10:54:13 PM »

I think Truman might have owned it so that explains it.

Yup, Trumancord was pretty bad! Thankfully it's no longer relevant.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2022, 01:04:28 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2022, 01:23:53 PM by Vice President and First Minister Scott 🇺🇦 »

24th PARLIAMENT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

Legislation Signed

Legislation Vetoed

Executive Actions and Appointments
EO 05.25.22a
EO 05.25.22b

Speeches and Addresses
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order 05.25.22a
HST02.23.02 is hereby repealed in its entirely.

Scott
First Minister of the Commonwealth of Frémont

Quote from: Executive Order 05.25.22b
Any and all remaining members of the Frémont National Guard are hereby withdrawn from the Eastern border.

Scott

Public Statement: As my first official act as your new First Minister, I am rescinding the "martial law" edict imposed by the disgraced Harry S Truman, and I am withdrawing the Frémont National Guard from our eastern border, in the interests of freedom and of peace between the regions.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2022, 07:36:22 PM »

Statement on the deregistration of Senator and Secretary of State wxtransit

First, I must express that I am saddened to see that wxtransit has opted to deregister. He was a great Secretary of State, and also a fine new addition to the Senate who held the seat that I once occupied. Nonetheless, I wish him well in his future endeavors and hope to see him return.

Under the terms of both our federal and regional constitutions, the new vacancy must be filled and a special election must be held to fill the vacancy no longer than 20 days after today. With such a small pool of willing and available candidates, this naturally creates a challenge both for me and for the president, as both an interim senator and a new SoS must be appointed.

I will note that in prior discussions with wxtransit, I had tried to persuade him into finishing the Senate term and staying on board with the State Department upon the election of a new president in June. I will also note that I have volunteered to serve as the new Secretary of State under the next administration, regardless of who wins next month's election.

This is sadly all happening at a very inconvenient time for all of us, especially when a budget has not yet been complete. No doubt the game is in a very dysfunctional state at this time, even while we've been making improvements here in Frémont.

With all this being said, I am opening my office to applications for an interim replacement in the Mountain West/2nd senatorial district. Simply state your interest, and I will be happy to make the appointment and schedule a special election.

In the meantime, I have sent a request to President UTN to take control of State affairs and represent Atlasia abroad in the capacity as Vice President.

With this, and the budget still not being complete (with some senators demanding cuts to be negotiated as part of a compromise for what is expected to be a very large budget), a lot is on our shoulders now. At this time, I only ask eligible people who are interested in the FT-02 spot to state their intentions. I will hopefully be able to make this appointment soon, and declare a special election when the timing is appropriate and fits within the 20-day threshold.

Thank you.

Scott
Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia and First Minister of the Commonwealth of Frémont
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2022, 09:55:06 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order .05.30.22
AverageFoodEnthusiast is hereby appointed interim senator for FT-02.

A special election for the Senate seat shall be held on June 10-12.

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2022, 10:58:04 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2022, 06:11:27 PM by Vice President and First Minister Scott 🇺🇦 »

First and foremost, I am proud to announce that the Commonwealth will be joining our Southern neighbors in enacting region-wide usury laws. These laws, which had already been existed in 25 states last year, fight predatory big banks and loan sharks. This is policy that the federal government can enact now with the Andrew Jackson Memorial Bank Killing Act. I implore my comrades in Labor to support this consumer protection legislation and place the wellbeing of consumers over the banks that lobbied for this privilege to make predatory loans.

AN ACT
To combat predatory lending

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Frémont Predatory Lending Prohibition Act.

Section 2. Interest Rate Cap

1. No person, entity, financial institution, credit union, or other commercial enterprise shall be permitted to charge upon any money loaned an annual interest rate in excess of 12% of the value of the amount of money loaned, regardless of any State laws to the contrary. This shall apply to any category of loan, whether to a consumer or business, whether from an individual, pawnbroker, payday lender, credit card company, credit union, bank, financial institution, or other commercial enterprise, and whether or not the loan has been collateralized with real, personal, or intangible property. Any State laws in Frémont permitting higher interest rates are hereby superseded.

2. When negotiating an interest rate by contract, interest on all monetary loans shall be determined based on the value of the amount loaned and shall not be dependent upon any floating interest rate set by the Federal Reserve or other Atlasian entity.

3. It is the position of the Commonwealth of Frémont that any person, entity, financial institution, credit union, or other commercial enterprise loaning money within the boundaries of Frémont are subject to this act, regardless of a physical situs upon an Indian reservation or ownership interest by an Indian Tribe.

4. Any lender who fails to comply with this act shall be taxed 75% of their gross income, payable in quarterly installments.

5. This act shall take effect within thirty (30) days of passage.
Passed the Frémont House of Commons 3-1-0-1

Scott

Also, with apologies for the delay, the special election for the FT-02 Senate election is currently ongoing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2022, 04:35:17 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2022, 06:11:03 PM by Vice President and First Minister Scott 🇺🇦 »

Another consumer protection bill has passed! Credit once again goes to Senator R for the legalese and for bringing this issue to my attention.

AN ACT
To restructure debt collection rules

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Debtor Assistance Act.

Section 2. Enforceability of Debts

1. No court in the Commonwealth of Frémont may enforce, whether by lien, garnishment, levy, or other creditors' tools, any of the following debts:

A. Foreign or Domestic Judgments valued less than $100,000 after ten (10) years from the date of the judgment.

C. Secured Transactions against personal property valued less than $100,000 after ten (10) years from the date of recordation of a lien under Part 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code or five (5) years from the date of a missed payment.

D. Uncollateralized loans valued less than $100,000 after ten (10) years from the date the loan is entered into or five (5) years from the date of a missed payment.

E. Pawns or other collateralized loans against personal property valued less than $100,000 after ten (10) years from the date the loan is entered into or five (5) years from the date of a missed payment.

2. This shall apply to any category of debt, whether to a consumer or business, whether from an individual, pawnbroker, payday lender, credit union, bank, financial institution, or other commercial enterprise, and whether or not the loan has been collateralized. Any State laws in Frémont permitting higher default interest rates are hereby superseded.

3. This act shall only apply to debts entered into after the date of enactment.

Section 3. Debt Collector Tax

A 10% surcharge tax is hereby imposed upon the net recovery of third-party debt collection income payable in quarterly installments.

Section 4. Enactment

This act shall take effect ninety (90) days after passage.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 2-1-0-3

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2022, 07:35:35 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 10:44:54 PM by Vice President and First Minister Scott 🇺🇦 »

Announcement to Frémonters and supporters of national parks and refuges

I would like to publicly state that, under no circumstances, will the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, the Grand Canyon, or any other currently protected lands in this region, be touched by a single oil rig. This is regardless of whether or not future Nyman governments continue to value these protected lands as more than oil repositories. This is something I implore our candidates for the presidency and for the Senate to commit to if regional reconciliation is still a common goal.

Let the matter be put to rest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies