Office of First Minister Scott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:38:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of First Minister Scott
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Office of First Minister Scott  (Read 4517 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2022, 06:58:27 PM »

As First Minister, I am proud to sign this bill in light of OTL news with regard to abortion access. While I understand the concerns raised by the other side, I believe there is more to consider with regard to an abortion ban, and what its consequences would be if the state more or less declared war on abortion like OTL Arkansas just did.

This bill is consistent with the principles of privacy. We recognize the right to an abortion because those decisions should not involve the government. with reasonable restrictions.

Nor should a teacher or a physician be required to disclose information about their gender identity or sexuality. These perverted laws will not exist in Frémont, and we will fight vigorously to enforce physician-patient privilege.

The bill allows nonviolent ex-convicts to have the same right as all citizens, including gun ownership, provided they are not a public threat.

I am proud to sign this bill today and increase civil liberties in Frémont, while also striking a reasonable compromise on abortion.

AN ACT
To strengthen privacy protections

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title.

This section may be cited as the Right to Privacy Act.

Section 2. Patient-physician privilege protection for children

1. No state or locality may enact statute requiring the disclosure of a minor's sexual orientation or matters pertaining to their gender or sexuality without signed consent of the student individual, nor shall parents be investigated by state authorities for matters pertaining to an individual's gender or medical treatment thereof.

2. Willful violations of patient's privacy with regard to history of gender dysphoria treatment and counseling shall carry a minimum of $100 per violation with an annual maximum of $25,000 for repeat violations.

Section 3. Data privacy

A. A consumer may invoke the consumer rights authorized pursuant to this act at any time by submitting a request to a controller specifying the consumer rights the consumer wishes to invoke. A known child's parent or legal guardian may invoke such consumer rights on behalf of the child regarding processing personal data belonging to the known child. A controller shall comply with an authenticated consumer request to exercise the right:

1. To confirm whether or not a controller is processing the consumer's personal data and to access such personal data;

2. To correct inaccuracies in the consumer's personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing of the consumer's personal data;

3. To delete personal data provided by or obtained about the consumer;

4. To obtain a copy of the consumer's personal data that the consumer previously provided to the controller in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows the consumer to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means; and

5. To opt out of the processing of the personal data for purposes of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal data, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer.

B. Except as otherwise provided in this act, a controller shall comply with a request by a consumer to exercise the consumer rights authorized pursuant to section A as follows:

1. A controller shall respond to the consumer without undue delay, but in all cases within 45 days of receipt of the request submitted pursuant to the methods described in section A. The response period may be extended once by 45 additional days when reasonably necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the consumer's requests, so long as the controller informs the consumer of any such extension within the initial 45-day response period, together with the reason for the extension.

2. If a controller declines to take action regarding the consumer's request, the controller shall inform the consumer without undue delay, but in all cases and at the latest within 45 days of receipt of the request, of the justification for declining to take action and instructions for how to appeal the decision pursuant to section C.

3. Information provided in response to a consumer request shall be provided by a controller free of charge, up to twice annually per consumer. If requests from a consumer are manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive, the controller may charge the consumer a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of complying with the request or decline to act on the request. The controller bears the burden of demonstrating the manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive nature of the request.

4. If a controller is unable to authenticate the request using commercially reasonable efforts, the controller shall not be required to comply with a request to initiate an action under subsection A and may request that the consumer provide additional information reasonably necessary to authenticate the consumer and the consumer's request.

5. A controller that has obtained personal data about a consumer from a source other than the consumer shall be deemed in compliance with a consumer's request to delete such data pursuant to subsection A 3 by opting the consumer out of the processing of that data for targeted advertising, sale, or profiling pursuant to subsection A 5.

C. A controller shall establish a process for a consumer to appeal the controller's refusal to take action on a request within a reasonable period of time after the consumer's receipt of the decision pursuant to subsection B 2. The appeal process shall be conspicuously available and similar to the process for submitting requests to initiate action pursuant to section A. Within 60 days of receipt of an appeal, a controller shall inform the consumer in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, the controller shall also provide the consumer with an online mechanism, if available, or other method through which the consumer may contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.

D. As used in this act:

1. "Consumer" means a natural person who is a resident of the Southern Region acting only in an individual or household context. It does not include a natural person acting in a commercial or employment context.

2. "Controller" means the natural or legal person that, alone or jointly with others, determines the purpose and means of processing personal data.

Section 4. Un-cancelling ex-convicts

1. No company shall request disclosure of prior conviction status until after the job is offered. This shall not affect any law pertaining to background checks for history of sex crimes.

2. No home renter shall request disclosure of prior conviction statuses. This shall not affect any law pertaining to background checks for history of sex crimes.

3. No ex-convict who was previously convicted of a non-violent crime shall be barred from ownership of firearms.

Section 5. Minimum threshold for abortion limitations

No state shall enact any law banning abortion prior to 18 weeks, and must include exceptions for rape and pregnancies which may be life-threatening to the mother. Accordingly, the Commonwealth recognizes the right to an abortion within these limits under constitutional privacy protections and right to due process.

Section 6. Ban on gun registries

No state shall enact any law implementing either private or public records of firearm owners, or requiring registration for gun permits.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 4-1

Scott
First Minister of the Commonwealth of Frémont
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »

Partial LOA until further notice (computer needs repair)

I promise more bills to come but I also urge MPs to introduce them as well. I'll still be lurking and so if I see any new bills, I'll bring them to the floor. All I have is a phone right now, so researching and formatting new bills is practically impossible.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2022, 08:07:04 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2022, 07:27:48 PM by Girlfriend-free boy »

I got a relatively inexpensive backup laptop, particularly for work but also for everything here. So I'm officially off LOA and just getting used to everything.

For future reference, this post will include all declared candidates for the August elections and updated accordingly:

FT-01
Western Democrat

FT-02
AverageFoodEnthusiast

First Minister
Scott
Peebs

Parliament*
AustralianSwingVoter
YE
Peebs
MB
Ishan

*All candidates will also be running in the event of a special or snap election, unless stated otherwise.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »

I am proud to have signed three new bills into law today:

The bill unanimously passes and is signed into law.

AN ACT
To protect blind Frémonters subject to fraud, injury, or other impediments

Section 1. Title.

This legislation may be cited as the Be Kind to the Blind Act.

Section 2. Protection for blind individuals

1. In every State and territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont, it shall be a misdemeanor punishable by no less than 180 days and no more than one (1) year and a fine of no more than $5,000.00 to commit a battery upon a person the perpetrator knows or has reason to believe to be blind or visually disabled or impaired. For purposes of this act, battery shall include intentionally tripping a blind or visually disabled or impaired or placing an object in the path of a blind or visually disabled or impaired with the intent to cause such person to trip or stumble.

2. In every State and territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont, it shall be a misdemeanor punishable by no less than ninety (90) days months and no more than one (1) year and a fine of no more than $5,000.00 to without just cause, willfully impede or interfere with the duties performed by a dog if the person knows or has reason to believe the dog is a guide or leader dog. For purposes of this act, guide or leader dog means a dog that: serves as a dog guide for a blind person or for a visually disabled or impaired person; serves as a listener for a deaf or hard-of-hearing person; or provides support or assistance for a physically disabled or handicapped person.

3. In every State and territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont it shall be a misdemeanor punishable by no less than thirty (30) days and no more than one (1) year, a fine of no more than $5,000.00, and restitution to without just cause, willfully damage, deface, destroy, or otherwise render inoperable any braille signage in a public place not owned by them.

4. In every State and territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont it shall be a considered criminal fraud to intentionally misrepresent the value of any currency or banknote issued by the government of Atlasia to a person the perpetrator knows or has reason to believe to be blind or visually disabled or impaired. This crime shall be punished the same as criminal fraud would.

5. In addition to criminal prosecution, any victim of a crime committed under this act may maintain a civil lawsuit and collect treble damages and reasonable legal costs.

6. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days from the date of passage.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 4-1

Scott

The bill unanimously passes and is signed into law.

AN ACT
To protect churches and nonprofits from burdensome zoning laws

Section 1. Title.

This legislation may be cited as the Charity Protection Act.

Section 2. Protection for nonprofits

1. In no State or territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall it be unlawful for nonprofit organizations, including religious organizations, to distribute meals, housing, mental or general healthcare services, or other accommodations provided that they are free of charge to recipients.

Section 3. Panhandling

1. In no State or territory of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall it be illegal to solicit donations for charitable purposes, nor for individuals or organizations to distribute food or money for charitable purposes, as well as including, but not limited to food, healthcare, and shelter.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 5-0

Scott

With three votes in favor and two abstentions, the bill passes and is signed into law.

AN ACT
To promote unity between the Regions

Section 1. Title.

This legislation may be cited as the Freedom of Travel Act.

Section 2. Publicly-funded Travel

1. Neither the government of the Commonwealth of Frémont, nor any State or locality therein, shall prohibit publicly-funded travel to any other Region, State, or locality within the Republic of Atlasia, unless otherwise authorized or required by Regional law.

2. Neither the government of the Commonwealth of Frémont, nor any State or locality therein, shall prohibit publicly-funded contracts with any contractor solely because the contractor has its headquarters in or performs work in any other Region, State, or locality within the Republic of Atlasia, unless otherwise authorized or required by Regional law.

3. All contradictory State and local laws are hereby expressly repealed, including but not limited to all such restrictions imposed by the States of California, Minnesota, and Washington, and the City of San Francisco, California.

4. This act shall take effect fifteen (15) days after the date of passage.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 3-0-2

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2022, 06:17:13 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2022, 06:34:08 PM by Girlfriend-free boy »

San Francisco, California1

So I'm running for reelection. While the number of bills debated and passed in the Parliament is smaller than I would have liked, it was the most productive session we've had in a very long time. We passed laws protecting enshrining privacy rights, and allowing the states to decide on sensible, but not overly restrictive, regulations before 18 weeks, with exceptions for medical health - something that must, and will, be interpreted liberally in order to avoid complications for doctors trying to save the mother. And in that same law, we expanded gun rights and gave nonviolent and reformed convicts another chance in our Commonwealth. And I'm very proud of that.

Truly, we are the Free West. We are not a hostile people. The stains of Truman tyranny have been washed away, and honor and dignity have been restored to Denver. Frémont is in a much better place than it was three months ago. And I would be remiss to not acknowledge my friend Senator Reactionary's role in much of this legislation.

Overall, I'm optimistic about the government we have both in Denver and in Nyman. Predatory banking is on its way out thanks to a bipartisan push, with Lincoln being the only region not to have these guaranteed protections. I will say I'm disappointed in the senators who opposed this simply because Senator Reactionary sponsored it. It was both this, and political misrepresentation of what the bill actually did that fueled most opposition. But the federal government and two of the three regions have laws prohibiting predatory lending.

There's definitely been a warmer relationship between Frémont and the South this session. There are still some unresolved conflicts, but I will not speak more on this until talks in the Senate begin.

And now, this government is in the process of considering an initiative that will expand both public and private sector investments in communal gardens. It's working for Detroit. It will work for San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Jose, and San Diego. It'll work for Phoenix. It will work for Denver.

And it will boost our rural communities too, as we are investing in our farmers to make this all possible.

I'm proud of what we've accomplished this session. And I will miss retiring MP Battista after this session.

I hope that the people will vote in confidence of the current government. It's more important than ever that Frémont continues to have steady leadership at the helm as we make this Commonwealth more like what it used to be, and frankly wasn't in many constructive ways with... well, let's not relitigate that, shall we?

But I want to endorse, in particular, Ishan and Australian Swing Voter for Parliament. We are truly a liberal government again. We're a more active government again. We are a reformed region. And I intend to keep it that way.

Thank you.

1. https://www.flickr.com/photos/82955120@N05/14270818136
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2022, 02:18:07 PM »

This weekend's sample ballot has been posted and will be complete as soon as I find out MB's regional party. Another set of eyes or two looking it over would be appreciated.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2022, 10:18:50 PM »

Ishan is hereby appointed to the seat in Parliament vacated by Peebs.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2023, 01:01:58 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order .01.01.23
Pursuant to the powers and authorizations granted to me by the Frémont Constitution, I, First Minister Scott, do hereby authorize the following actions and bequests:

1. Up to $50 Million from the Climate Preparedness and Response Act is hereby authorized to be expended to fight wildfires in Colorado.

2. State guards and reserves, in numbers deemed appropriate by the Adjutant General shall assist in fire fighting, emergency evacuation, and related disaster response activities in Colorado.

3. All motor carrier and commercial driver regulations are hereby rescinded for any vehicle involved in fire suppression activities or transportation related to emergency services.

4. The shoulders of highways leaving the areas of any fires in Colorado are temporarily opened to facilitate any necessary evacuation.

5. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.

It is so ordered.

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2023, 01:19:55 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order .01.12.23
Pursuant to the powers and authorizations granted to me by the Frémont Constitution, I, First Minister Scott, do hereby authorize the following actions and bequests:

1. Every January 12th shall henceforth be recognized throughout the Commonwealth as Howard Stern Day.

2. On behalf of the Commonwealth, I wish Howard Stern a very nice 69th birthday and thank him for his contributions to comedy and Atlasian culture.

3. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.

4. Baba booey.

It is so ordered.

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2023, 04:05:16 PM »

Quote from: Executive Order .01.18.23

1. No state or regional public employee shall be required to have obtained a four-year college degree, unless otherwise required to by law.

2. Departments in charge of hiring all and any public employees is encouraged to direct all hiring criteria towards skill, prior work experience, and low-income background.

3. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.

It is so ordered.

Scott

Statement: Taking a page out of PA Gov Josh Shapiro's book, the Frémont government and all state and territorial jurisdictions within shall be encouraged to open the public jobs market to qualified individuals who lack the means or skill to succeed in obtaining a four-year degree. Millions of people throughout the Commonwealth lack such a degree, and I want to make it clear to those people, and particularly those who are low-income, that there is a place for them in our public jobs market.

I hope for this order to be a model for other regions to adopt. Should I be fortunate to win election to the Senate next month, this is definitely an issue I would like to further explore at the federal level.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2023, 11:00:36 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2023, 08:40:37 PM by Just Passion Through »

COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT
FEBRUARY 2023 ELECTION
OFFICIAL BALLOT

1. This election will last for exactly 72 hours beginning at 12:00 am (Eastern Daylight Time) Friday, February 17, 2023, and ending at 12:00 am Monday, February 20, 2023.  All ballots cast outside this period will be counted invalid.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) have registered with the federal Census Bureau as a voter of one of the states or external territories of this Region; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of deregistration or court order; and (c) meet all other requirements set forth in Article V of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont and federal law.

3. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

4. You are permitted to write your ballot in a language other than English, provided you use only Latin characters (A, B, C, ...) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, ...) to spell out the names of candidates for office and list all candidates or options that appear on this official sample ballot.

5. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

FOR SENATE (ALL-FRÉMONT)
ONE (1) to be elected.

[    ] Scott of Wyoming
Peace Party | Beauty and Bread

[    ] Write-in:________________

FOR FIRST MINISTER
ONE (1) to be elected.

[    ] Ishan of Montana
Peace Party | Progress

[    ] Write-in:________________

FOR PARLIAMENT
THREE (3) to be elected.

[    ] Australian Swing Voter of Utah
Democratic Alliance | Meadowlark Party

[    ] Ebowed of Washington
Independent

[    ] theflyingmongoose of California
Peace Party

[    ] Write-in:

REFERENDUM 1: ATLASIAN REFERENDUM AMENDMENT
Senate Resolution
To amend the Constitution to allow national referendums on issues facing Atlasia and for the will of the people to decide certain policy.

Be It Resolved in the Atlasian Senate Assembled, that upon ratification by 2/3rds of the Regions, the Constitution shall be amended as follows:

ATLASIAN REFERENDUM AMENDMENT

The following Section is to be incorporated under Article IX of the Fifth Constitution:

Section 2. National Referendums

1. Certain legislation may be subject to the full authority of the eligible voting populace through federally sanctioned referendums.

2. Federal referendums are to be sanctioned under any of the following methods:

a.) Citizens may submit legislation under the Senate Legislation Introduction Thread with the expressed intent that it be reviewed as a potential referendum. Upon its ascension to the Senate for consideration, voting members must provide at least two-thirds approval for the motion to proceed.

b.) Upon the veto of a bill by the President of the Republic of Atlasia, the Senate has the right to request that the legislation be forwarded to the Atlasian populace in lieu of a veto override. Voting members must provide at least two-thirds approval for the motion to proceed. Once the motion to consider a referendum moves to a vote, a veto override on the particular legislation is no longer possible.

c.) The President of the Republic of Atlasia, in lieu of a declaration in favor or in opposition, may instead defer any passed legislation to the Atlasian people's judgment at personal discretion.

3. Upon the approval of a national vote, the Secretary of Federal Elections is to sponsor and certify said event. A minimum of one week for a campaign period is required to be allotted prior to the referendum. The duration of referendums are not to exceed 72 hours and may be held in concurrence with other, regularly scheduled federal elections.

4. Referendums are to be considered as passed should they receive a majority of votes in favor. Implementation is to occur immediately following certification unless otherwise noted in the text.

Quote from: Amendment Explanation
This Constitutional Amendment creates the right for nationally held referendums, sponsored by the Department of Federal Elections, to take place. Citizens are able to submit legislation as potential referenda, and the Senate will vote on whether to move forward with holding one. A referendum can also be approved by the Senate for a President-vetoed bill, or the President can approve a bill for a referendum instead of signing or vetoing the legislation.

Passed 12-3-2-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled.

- R, PPT

[   ] Aye

[   ] Nay

[   ] Abstain

REFERENDUM 2: FRÉMONT FREE ROAM AMENDMENT

AN AMENDMENT
To allow free recreational activity on public lands

Be it approved by four-fifths of Parliament and a majority of voting residents;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Frémont Free Roam Amendment.

Section 2. Amendment to the Bill of Rights

The Bill of Rights is hereby amended;

Section 11. All persons have the right to move, travel, and roam, with or without other persons and with or without their lawful property on public lands and right-of-ways, when such movement does not imminently jeopardize the public health or safety. All persons also have the right to hunt, fish, forage for sustenance, camp, harvest timber, and consume public natural resources subject to reasonable laws for the promotion of conservation and good stewardship.

Quote from: Amendment Explanation
This amendment would permit lawful hunting and fishing on public lands within the context of existing environmental law and hunting restrictions. This amendment shall not be construed to open the ANWR for oil exploration or allow pollution of public land.

Passed the Frémont House of Commons 4-0-0-0

Scott

[   ] Aye

[   ] Nay

[   ] Abstain

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30