SB 108-16: Restoring Gun Safety Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 108-16: Restoring Gun Safety Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 108-16: Restoring Gun Safety Act (Tabled)  (Read 2213 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: April 05, 2022, 07:22:20 PM »

1. A firearm license is required to own a firearm, licenses shall be available at local police stations and shall be available to all citizens above 18 who do not have a criminal history and have no history of mental illness. License applicants, if approved, must also be required to participate in mandatory gun safety training.

So any criminal conviction whatsoever or any history of mental illness disqualifies somebody from owning a gun? If I'm reading this right somebody convicted of a nonviolent misdemeanor in 1999 or who has diagnosed anxiety can't obtain a gun license?

1. Handguns may not be purchased even with a valid license except by active duty military members and active law enforcement officers.

2. Semi automatic long guns, with a long gun defined to be at least 16 inches for rifle barrels and at least 18 inches for shotgun barrels, or for detachable or folding stocks is 26 inches with the stock in the extended position, may not be purchased even with a valid license except by active duty military members and active law enforcement officers.

3. Pump action shotguns may not be purchased even with a valid license except by active duty military members and active law enforcement officers.

4. Submachine guns, defined as a magazine-fed, automatic carbine designed to fire handgun cartridges, may not be purchased even with a valid license except by active duty military members and active law enforcement officers.

5. Semi automatic rifles above .22 caliber, defined as a firearms bore diameter of 0.22 inch or above, may not be purchased even with a valid license except by active duty military members and active law enforcement officers.

Militarizing police departments at the expense of defenseless civilians has worked in the past great, right. I'm sure nothing bad will come of keeping the monopoly on firearms in the hands of the agents of the state.

1. The penalty for selling a gun while not licensed as a gun retailer shall be a fine of no less than $10,000 and a possible term of prison confinement for no less than 3 years, for those individuals involved.

2. The penalty for selling a prohibited gun as a gun retailer shall be a fine of no less than $30,000 and a possible term of prison confinement for no less than 10 years, for those individuals involved.

So we're putting in place incredibly harsh mandatory minimums for selling things which are legal now? Again, assuming I'm reading this correctly, the judge does not have to sentence the offender to prison, but if they choose to do so it has to be for at least 3 years/10 years? I don't support this bill obviously but it should at least make sense if it's to be debated on.

This bill is a trash heap which serves only to preserve the power of the state to deprive people of their liberty through killing and incarcerating civilians. I hope this goes to a sweeping defeat.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 10:55:02 PM »

Nay
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya