Marquette: Biden +4 vs. Trump and Pence, +5 vs. DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:04:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marquette: Biden +4 vs. Trump and Pence, +5 vs. DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marquette: Biden +4 vs. Trump and Pence, +5 vs. DeSantis  (Read 653 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2022, 09:45:06 AM »

Posting this for the record, but useless with that amount of undecided.

Respect and Compassion
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »

The issue is that given Biden's approval rating it's almost certain that both Trump and DeSantis would win over enough of those undecideds to at least eke out a plurality, if not a majority. I would say that to argue otherwise would be to assert an overly inflexible partisan diagnosis on the Wisconsin electorate.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 09:53:11 AM »

The issue is that given Biden's approval rating it's almost certain that both Trump and DeSantis would win over enough of those undecideds to at least eke out a plurality, if not a majority. I would say that to argue otherwise would be to assert an overly inflexible partisan diagnosis on the Wisconsin electorate.

Biden's current approval ratings may indicate a vulnerability, BUT people need to consider: Numbers of incumbents tend to bounce back once they actually start running for reelection. So all the talk about "he'd lose the election if it were held today" is pretty much pointless. Also don't forget that Trump's popularity hasn't soared all of a sudden and it certainly won't improve once (if) he's back on the campaign trail and people beyond political nerds start paying attention to elections again. Given that incumbency has proven to be a major factor, I tend to agree Biden would be favored, though a victory in the EC is not guaranteed by any means.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 09:56:58 AM »

I would like to think that this poll means that voters might be willing to give Biden the benefit of the doubt they usually give but didn't give to Trump, but of course, this poll doesn't mean anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies