Liberal Party HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Liberal Party HQ  (Read 2650 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2022, 05:12:40 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2022, 06:14:50 PM by AGA »

LIBERAL PARTY

Welcome to the headquarters of the Liberal Party. The Liberal Party seeks to provide an alternative to the current duopoly controlling Atlasian politics. All who uphold the core tenants of the party are welcome to join, which are:

• Promotion of free markets with modest intervention to support the social good
  • Protection of civil and political liberties
  • Utmost respect for the rule of law and the constitution
  • Preservation of the environment
  • Participation in diplomacy and international institutions

xAGA, Chair and Former Senator

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 06:08:48 PM »

x Ishan, Mountain West Senator.

If the color of the party is yellow, I'd prefer it to be a shade like gold over yellow because it makes it easier to read.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 06:14:28 PM »

If the color of the party is yellow, I'd prefer it to be a shade like gold over yellow because it makes it easier to read.

I was not aware of the gold color. Good suggestion. Are you joining the party? You would have to do so in the registration thread.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »

I was not aware of the gold color. Good suggestion. Are you joining the party? You would have to do so in the registration thread.
Yes, I have joined.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 07:11:22 PM »

I am not planning to join this party but I wanted to say that I agree with the party's tenets and I wish the party success--more voter choice is always a positive.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 05:54:12 PM »

I appoint Ishan as Vice Chair.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 12:52:03 PM »

I hereby establish the following as the party's bylaws:

Liberal Party Bylaws

Section 1: Registration

All citizens who have registered under the name "Liberal" or "Liberal Party" at the federal level shall be considered members of the party unless they have deregistered from the party or have been expelled via the mechanism detailed in Section 5. Members receive voting rights within the party after remaining in it for 96 consecutive hours.

Section 2: Headquarters

The party headquarters are the most recently created thread in the Atlas Fantasy Elections board titled "Liberal Party HQ", "Liberal Party Headquarters", "Liberal HQ", or "Liberal Headquarters" created by the party chair. The headquarters also display the party's bylaws and platform. All party elections are called and held in the headquarters. Party announcements, party bylaws, and the party platform are displayed in the headquarters.

Section 3: Voting Methods

As detailed in Section 5, some party elections are held using instant-runoff voting. Voters may rank their choices by placing numbers before them on the ballot whereas "1" precedes the voter's first choice, "2" precedes the voter's second choice, and so on and so forth. If the voter only ranks one choice, the voter may opt to use "X" instead of "1". Voters may add write-ins to their ballots and rank them as they please.

All party elections not held using instant-runoff voting use first-past-the-post voting. For this method, voters may vote for up to one choice by placing a symbol, such as "X", before that choice. Voters may vote for a write-in by adding one to their ballots and placing a symbol before it.

In the event of a tie, the chair has 24 hours to cast a tie-breaker vote. If the chair fails to do so in that time frame, the vice chair then has 24 hours to cast a tie-breaker vote. If the vice chair fails to do so in that time frame, the vote is cancelled. However, if the direction in which the tie is broken has no bearing on the final outcome of the vote, no tie-breaker vote is held. Voters may abstain by writing "abstain" on their ballots while not selecting any choices.

Section 4: Voting Procedure

Anyone who has voting rights in the party may call for an election at any time. Any election must fall into one of the six categories detailed in Section 5. Upon the calling of the election, the chair must open one within 24 hours except where described in Section 5. Otherwise, the election opens automatically. Elections are held in accordance with Section 3 and are open for 72 hours or until the outcome of the election can be determined with certainty assuming no ballot deletions, whichever comes first. Voters who post more than one ballot in an election make all their votes cast in that election invalid. Voters may edit their ballots within one hour of posting them. All ballots edited past this timeframe are invalid. Elections enter effect immediately upon closing. The chair or vice chair must announce the result of an election within 24 hours of its closing.

Section 5: Election Categories

Elections fall into one of six categories: endorsements, platform, bylaw, chair, vice chair, suspension, and expulsion.

Endorsement elections are held using instant-runoff voting and determine which candidates the party endorses for an upcoming election for public office. The party may endorse as many candidates for an election as there are open seats. Endorsement elections cannot be held for elections that begin more than one month into the future. No more than one endorsement election can be held for any particular election. Upon the calling of an endorsement election, any citizen may declare as a candidate within 72 hours. After this timeframe has passed, the election opens, regardless of how many candidates declared. Every endorsement election has "No Endorsement" as an option.

Platform elections determine how the party's platform is changed. The caller of the election must propose a platform change, and voters vote on whether to adopt the change.

Bylaw elections determine how the party's bylaws are changed. The caller of the election must propose a bylaw change, and voters vote on whether to adopt the change. The bylaws are changed only if an absolute majority of members with voting rights vote in the affirmative.

Chair elections are held using instant-runoff voting and determine the chair of the party. Chair elections cannot be called within two months of the calling of the most recent chair election unless the office of chair is vacant. Upon the calling of a chair election, any member with voting rights may declare as a candidate within 72 hours. After this timeframe has passed, the election opens, unless no candidates other then the chair declared.

Vice chair elections are held using instant-runoff voting and determine the vice chair of the party. Vice chair elections cannot be called within two months of the calling of the most recent vice chair election unless the office of vice chair is vacant. Upon the calling of a vice chair election, any member with voting rights may declare as a candidate within 72 hours. After this timeframe has passed, the election opens, unless no candidates other than the vice chair declared.

Suspension elections determine whether a member is to be suspended. A suspended member loses the voting rights for the time period specified by the caller of the election. Members are suspended only if an absolute majority of members with voting rights vote in the affirmative. Members may have their suspensions lifted or shortened if another vote is held in the same manner lifting or shortening the suspension.

Expulsion elections determine whether a member is to be expelled from the party. Members are expelled only if an absolute majority of members with voting rights vote in the affirmative. Expelled members may only rejoin the party if the expulsion is lifted by another vote in the same manner.

Section 6: Automatic Endorsements

Members are eligible for automatic endorsements if they have voting rights. Eligible members are automatically endorsed in elections for public office 48 hours before the election opens if there has been no endorsement election for the election. However, if there was an endorsement election in which no votes were cast or all voters abstained, members are still automatically endorsed. If there are more eligible members running in an election than there are open seats, no members are automatically endorsed in that election. Automatic endorsements must be announced by the chair or vice chair.

Section 7: Platform

The platform denotes the official positions of the party. The platform can be modified in any way in accordance with Section 5.

Section 8: Vacancies

The vice chair assumes the powers and responsibilities of the chair when the chair is on a leave of absence. If the office of the chair is vacant, the vice chair becomes the chair, leaving the office of the vice chair empty. If the office of the vice chair is vacant, the chair may appoint any member who has voting rights as vice chair. The chair and vice chair may vacant their offices through resignation.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 03:06:02 PM »

On the Kansas Crisis

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I must comment on recent events occurring in Kansas. The Liberal Party stands against OBD's tyrannical actions. His deployment of the national guard and attack on political dissidents are a threat to the livelihood of our democracy. OBD must be impeached. Otherwise, he and all his goons in the extremist Labor Party must be voted out. This is a difficult time for Atlasia, but I am confident that our democracy is still strong enough such that tyrants like OBD can be voted out.

I welcome the Democratic Alliance's breaking of ties with the Labor Party. I personally left the party due to disagreements on economic policy, but I still hope that we can work together to oppose tyranny. I am running for the Northeast subregional seat in the upcoming election. Vice Chair Ishan is running for at-large Senate. We can stop this madness as long as we support a broad coalition of Liberals, Democratic Allies, Federalists, and Independents in the Senate and White House.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2022, 03:13:26 PM »

On the Kansas Crisis

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I must comment on recent events occurring in Kansas. The Liberal Party stands against OBD's tyrannical actions. His deployment of the national guard and attack on political dissidents are a threat to the livelihood of our democracy. OBD must be impeached. Otherwise, he and all his goons in the extremist Labor Party must be voted out. This is a difficult time for Atlasia, but I am confident that our democracy is still strong enough such that tyrants like OBD can be voted out.

I welcome the Democratic Alliance's breaking of ties with the Labor Party. I personally left the party due to disagreements on economic policy, but I still hope that we can work together to oppose tyranny. I am running for the Northeast subregional seat in the upcoming election. Vice Chair Ishan is running for at-large Senate. We can stop this madness as long as we support a broad coalition of Liberals, Democratic Allies, Federalists, and Independents in the Senate and White House.

Don't forget us RevComs. We have no patience for imperialistic wars perpetrated by fascist jackals and banksters.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2022, 03:14:59 PM »

On the Kansas Crisis

Don't forget us RevComs. We have no patience for imperialistic wars perpetrated by fascist jackals and banksters.

I haven't seen an official statement from the party on the situation.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »

Pre-filing a request for endorsement to the Senate at-large this month.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »

Also pre-filing a request for endorsement for Great Lakes subregional Senate.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2022, 05:43:28 PM by AGA »

I call for endorsement votes for the following races:

At-large Senator
Deep South Senator
Great Lakes Senator
Mountain West Senator
Northeast Senator
Pacific Senator
Upper South Senator

Lincoln Governor
Lincoln General Court

Southern Governor
Southern Chamber of Delegates

If you would like an endorsement for any of these races, please declare such in the next 72 hours so that you will be on the endorsement ballot. I will count the previous two posts as declarations.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »

I declare for the Northeast Senate endorsement election.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »

I request an endorsement for Southern Governor. Smiley
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 08:31:33 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2022, 08:35:09 PM by S019 »

I request the endorsement of this party for my re-election. I have worked to represent pro-market values on the social democratic side of politics. I have charted a centrist, liberal course in office and have worked hard to protect the freedom of the markets and promote economic liberalization. I am also an incredibly strong internationalist, as evidenced by my supporter for a stronger UN, for Atlasian entry into the ICC, my support of a renewed TPP agreement, my support for NATO, and my general support for the west, as well as my support of European federalism. I also take environmental issues seriously, I supported a bill to move us away from coal production in the Senate, unfortunately the Federalist Party was bribed by the coal lobby and opposed the bill to keep the cash flowing into their campaign accounts. I believe that liberalism goes way beyond this party, and I urge this party to move past two party politics and to seek to build a liberal movement, made up of multiple parties, and I believe an endorsement of my candidacy will move this party in that direction.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2022, 08:33:35 PM »

I will request an endorsement.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »

I request a total and complete endorsement until we figure out what the hell is going on!
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2022, 09:46:40 PM »

I request a total and complete endorsement until we figure out what the hell is going on!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2022, 10:09:28 PM »

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2022, 11:09:47 PM »

I request an endorsement from the Liberal Party for the Deep South Senate seat.

I believe in free markets with intervention for the social good (this includes preventing issues into the future).
I am a defender of liberties (unlike other requests).
I believe in defending the constitution. (unlike other requests).
I believe in protecting the environment including the use technologies that transition us away from heavy reliance on carbon.
I believe in diplomacy. If international institutions can actually achieve that, then that is a good thing.

Quote from: LIBERAL PARTY Values
  • Promotion of free markets with modest intervention to support the social good
  • Protection of civil and political liberties
  • Utmost respect for the rule of law and the constitution
  • Preservation of the environment
  • Participation in diplomacy and international institutions
I request the endorsement of this party for my re-election.
MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 05:36:51 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2022, 05:41:15 PM by AGA »

Here is the ballot. Voting is open for 72 hours

At-large Senator
[] Calamity Blue
[] Devout Centrist
[] Ishan
[] West_Midlander
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Deep South Senator
[] Muaddib
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Great Lakes Senator
[] Joseph Cao
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Mountain West Senator
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[] AGA
[] S019
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[] Western Democrat
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Upper South Senator
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Lincoln Governor
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Lincoln General Court
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Southern Governor
[] LouisvilleThunder
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

[] Write in:
[] No endorsement
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 05:39:59 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2022, 12:07:31 PM by AGA »

At-large Senator
[] Calamity Blue
[] Devout Centrist
[1] Ishan
[2] West_Midlander
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Deep South Senator
[1] Muaddib
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Great Lakes Senator
[1] Joseph Cao
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Mountain West Senator
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[1] AGA
[] S019
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[] Western Democrat
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

Upper South Senator
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

Lincoln Governor
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

Lincoln General Court
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

Southern Governor
[1] LouisvilleThunder
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2022, 03:09:00 AM »

Here is the ballot. Voting is open for 72 hours

At-large Senator
[] Calamity Blue
[] Devout Centrist
[1] Ishan
[2] West_Midlander
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Deep South Senator
[1] Muaddib
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Great Lakes Senator
[1] Joseph Cao
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Mountain West Senator
[1] Write in: Wxtransit
[] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[1] AGA
[] S019
[] Write in:
[] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[] Western Democrat
[1] Write in: theflyingmongoose
[] No endorsement

Upper South Senator
[1] Write in: North Carolina Yankee
[] No endorsement

Lincoln Governor
[] Write in: KaiserDave
[] No endorsement

Lincoln General Court
[] Write in: Koopa
[] No endorsement

Southern Governor
[] LouisvilleThunder
[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement

[] Write in:
[1] No endorsement
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »

I will not count the write ins you left unranked, but you can edit your ballot.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies