Crane for Game Moderator: nomination thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Crane for Game Moderator: nomination thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Crane for Game Moderator: nomination thread  (Read 1109 times)
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2022, 02:18:40 PM »

What's there to elaborate on? There's no constitutional basis for anyone to make that claim and frankly that's an impediment to the established dichotomy of regional sovereignty. Hopefully we can put this matter to bed now that the Supreme Court has weighed in.

The Supreme Court is packed to the brim with impotent loons. Kansas will NEVER be the South! What I don't understand is how you can suck up to these pottering, whiny idiots, when Atlasia could be so much more. We must denazify the South.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2022, 02:24:40 PM »

What's there to elaborate on? There's no constitutional basis for anyone to make that claim and frankly that's an impediment to the established dichotomy of regional sovereignty. Hopefully we can put this matter to bed now that the Supreme Court has weighed in.

The Supreme Court is packed to the brim with impotent loons. Kansas will NEVER be the South! What I don't understand is how you can suck up to these pottering, whiny idiots, when Atlasia could be so much more. We must denazify the South.

K, not sure where that outburst is coming from or what prompted it, but everyone knows I've had disagreements with the Court before. But their authority in this case is pretty clear, not much you can do except follow established precedence.

Welcoming any actual questions.
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2022, 02:45:29 PM »

K, not sure where that outburst is coming from or what prompted it, but everyone knows I've had disagreements with the Court before. But their authority in this case is pretty clear, not much you can do except follow established precedence.

Welcoming any actual questions.

You say 'precedent' as if that's meant to mean anything to anyone who hasn't spent the last 10 years playing pretend with the empty shell of a government. Kowtowing to a bunch of talking heads who have nothing better to do than argue over fake taxes and the legality of horse cocks.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2022, 03:02:10 PM »

An additional question for the nominee; can you commit to being active and to running an active GM office? And what do you think is the solution to the activity crisis?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2022, 07:02:07 AM »

An additional question for the nominee; can you commit to being active and to running an active GM office? And what do you think is the solution to the activity crisis?

I certainly do plan to be active enough to be effectively responsive to whatever events are occuring in-game as they happen. As for the activity crisis, it's a tough question to answer because it basically comes down to the amount of people who are actually interested in the game and you can't really force anyone to participate. The reality is you could be game manager for only a couple dozen active people, which is no different than, say, a large D&D campaign. Ultimately I think the best strategy to pursue, with the caveat that no strategy has a guaranteed success rate, is just to make playing conducive to new players as I mentioned earlier. In my opinion, that means lowering the activity barrier by making legislating easier to understand, producing a "game bible" to show what laws have already been passed and what the current budget is, which is something I advocated for as CG and sadly was never acted upon (I myself have not been in the game very long so I wouldn't be able to identify this information, but would be more than happy to attempt such an undertaking with the assistance of longer-tenured players, such as Fremont First Minister Truman and Senator NC Yankee.)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2022, 07:48:42 AM »

Senator, do you have an opinion on bringing back NPC elections?

I am personally neutral on doing so but I think bringing them back could drain some of the encouragement for people to pursue vitriolic, divisive, potentially game-ending actions in an attempt to encourage activity.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2022, 09:06:54 AM »

Senator, do you have an opinion on bringing back NPC elections?

I am personally neutral on doing so but I think bringing them back could drain some of the encouragement for people to pursue vitriolic, divisive, potentially game-ending actions in an attempt to encourage activity.

If NPC elections will bring my friend Poirot back, then I'm absolutely on board. Otherwise, I don't see much of a point given the relatively low number of people participating. Although it may be worth seeing if reformatting that element of the game generates more interest.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2022, 11:21:09 AM »

I certainly do plan to be active enough to be effectively responsive to whatever events are occuring in-game as they happen. As for the activity crisis, it's a tough question to answer because it basically comes down to the amount of people who are actually interested in the game and you can't really force anyone to participate. The reality is you could be game manager for only a couple dozen active people, which is no different than, say, a large D&D campaign. Ultimately I think the best strategy to pursue, with the caveat that no strategy has a guaranteed success rate, is just to make playing conducive to new players as I mentioned earlier. In my opinion, that means lowering the activity barrier by making legislating easier to understand, producing a "game bible" to show what laws have already been passed and what the current budget is, which is something I advocated for as CG and sadly was never acted upon (I myself have not been in the game very long so I wouldn't be able to identify this information, but would be more than happy to attempt such an undertaking with the assistance of longer-tenured players, such as Fremont First Minister Truman and Senator NC Yankee.)

In reference to this I can say a long term goal of mine is to get the federal wiki up to date and add a separate page where we list laws by topic to make research easier. Im almost done with a similar update for the South. A compendium (including colored maps for map fans) identifying which regions have adopted various policies could be helpful.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2022, 06:47:09 PM »

I will be opening a final vote on this nomination in 24 hours.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2022, 08:43:52 AM »

How will the nominee conduct himself as GM?

I intend to fully take all parties into account when considering the direction the gameplay takes. I'm not planning to do anything rash that compromises the interest and enjoyment players have in the game.

Following up to this, I would be more at ease if not for the Lincoln secession fracas a little while ago where IIRC the nominee had in fact done extremely rash things including claiming that the General Court had been overrun by rebels, trying to dissolve it, and whatever the Eden this thread was. Unilateral declarations of events (like the arbitrary sequestration of every officeholder in Lincoln), that serve to block other players from making any possible actions of gameplay aside from those conducive to the narrative you were building, seem to run counter to your stated intentions here. This does not appear to have changed given your recent posts about Kansas – can you convince me otherwise? Because I’m not confident about voting for a GM candidate that has demonstrated to this extent their potential to go rogue while in office.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »

A vote on the nomination is now open. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2022, 08:18:35 PM »

Aye
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2022, 08:19:39 PM »

AYE
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2022, 08:23:57 PM »

AYE
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2022, 09:32:08 PM »

Aye
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2022, 09:37:08 PM »

NAY
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2022, 10:48:03 PM »

AYE
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2022, 01:53:16 AM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2022, 06:57:01 AM »

NAY.

I can't support this nomination. The nominee has said the right things after a brief stumble at the start of his nomination hearing but I feel that his demeanor and actions in the past and especially in the recent past reflect his genuine motivations and not the image he chooses to present to this body while he is seeking our support for his nomination.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2022, 12:02:21 AM »

Nay
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2022, 11:51:12 AM »

Nay
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2022, 12:31:03 PM »

Aye
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2022, 05:11:29 PM »

Nay
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2022, 10:32:53 PM »

Nay
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2022, 12:32:18 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2022, 12:50:24 AM by Lincoln Senator Joseph Cao »

Nay.

I’m not confident about voting for a GM candidate that has demonstrated to this extent their potential to go rogue while in office.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies