Quebec 2022 Election

<< < (2/63) > >>

beesley:
So how many of the PQ 10 will still be in the legislature? Catherine Fournier has already left the legislature; Sylvain Roy is an independent and Veronique Hivon, Sylvain Gaudreault, Harold LeBel (also an indie) and Lorraine Richard have already announced their retirements. Martin Ouellet hasn't announced, but Megane Perry Melancon, Joel Arseneau and Pascal Berube are running. So in answer to the question, just one (Berube) is a not unreasonable bet, but I suppose neither is four.

RogueBeaver:
Hilarious: the 2 new neo-Equality parties are already squabbling. One is Balarama Holness' Mouvement Québec, the other is Townships lawyer Colin Standish's Parti Canadien.

Poirot:
Quote from: beesley on April 23, 2022, 05:48:00 AM

So how many of the PQ 10 will still be in the legislature? Catherine Fournier has already left the legislature; Sylvain Roy is an independent and Veronique Hivon, Sylvain Gaudreault, Harold LeBel (also an indie) and Lorraine Richard have already announced their retirements. Martin Ouellet hasn't announced, but Megane Perry Melancon, Joel Arseneau and Pascal Berube are running. So in answer to the question, just one (Berube) is a not unreasonable bet, but I suppose neither is four.

Projection sites give 1. Bérubé has a personal vote that others might not have.

Poirot:
Quote from: RogueBeaver on April 26, 2022, 09:03:45 AM

Hilarious: the 2 new neo-Equality parties are already squabbling. One is Balarama Holness' Mouvement Québec, the other is Townships lawyer Colin Standish's Parti Canadien.

Which one has a better chance to do well. The Parti Canadien (PaCQ) has not an official leader yet (or will it be Standish) so maybe it can attract someone well known. Holness ran for Montreal mayor so from where the population is. The alliance of municipal parties to give a third option to the two main candidates didn't go well so I wouldn't trust Holness if the two parties merged.

I don't think the new parties will be included in polls so we need to check if Others move or the Liberal decrease.

Poirot:
We had a list of PQ members not running again.

For the Liberals  members retiring so far:

Island of Montreal
Lise Thériault (Anjou-Louis-Riel)
Christine St-Pierre (Acadie)
Hélène David (Marguerite-Bourgeoys)
David Birnbaum (D’Arcy-McGee)

Laval
Francine Charbonneau (Mille-Îles)
Jean Rousselle (Vimont)
Monique Sauvé (Fabre)

Montérégie
Gaétan Barrette (La Pinière)
Nicole Ménard (Laporte)

Québec Solidaire loses Catherine Dorion (Taschereau).
Claire Samson (Iberville) was elected with CAQ but later joined Parti Conservateur will not be a candidate.

CAQ has also some retirement.
Suzanne Dansereau (Verchères)
Danielle McCann (Sanguinet)
Marguerite Blais (Prévost)
Denis Tardif (Rivière-du-Loup–Témiscouata)
Emilie Foster (Charlevoix-Côte-de-Beaupré)

It seems women are overrepresented in members not running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page