2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 9014 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« on: April 24, 2022, 02:15:36 PM »

A tad bit disappointed I haven't been checking this side of the forum and didn't see this thread in time but I will be watching this gameplay thread closely.

I'm always open to helping with the running of the game also.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 11:57:06 AM »

This game needed a strong Harris player... *sigh* there's always next time.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 10:30:46 PM »

This game needed a strong Harris player... *sigh* there's always next time.

You can join as Harris if you want. There'll be a slight hit, but it's recoverable.

Then I'll join as Harris.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 07:51:41 PM »

Just for my future schedule's sake, what month's will this turn be covering?
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 07:12:33 PM »

Requesting a 24 hour extension.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 06:05:43 PM »

Turn is closed. Everyone ready for Iowa when it goes up?

OML THE MINUTE I FINISH MY SCHEDULE
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 06:06:45 PM »

Ima just post it and I'll have you decide whether it counts or not because I refuse to let all this work not be seen.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 11:00:45 AM »

Also, JKW, you might wanna edit this part of your schedule:

December 9th -12th | Foreign Trip to the U.K, meet with Prime Minister Truss, and HM Queen Elizabeth II

I made my last update on British politics in-game before Johnson's resignation was announced. Starmer is now the in-game Prime Minister:

Labour wins UK elections; Starmer sworn in as PM

Keir Starmer's Labour Party has brought down the curtains on nearly a decade and a half of Conservative rule in the United Kingdom, winning 337 seats and ousting Boris Johnson from 10 Downing Street. In his concession speech, Johnson has laid much of the blame on the "pro-EU election pact" between Labour and the Liberal Democrats; though any agreement has been informal.

Starmer has since been sworn in as Prime Minister, with president Biden expressing an eagerness to work with him

Fixed, thanks for informing me.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »

Have already started work on a post with the details of Cooper's campaigning in NH (IA and NC/SC are posted). Should be up in the next hour and a half (need to go now but when I'm back I'll wrap it up).

If I see one more attack from you, I'm putting you in jail for marijuana related charges.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »

Trying to figure out the point of continuing a campaign at this point that is certain to lose, will make a decision on withdrawing in a couple of hours.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 10:32:06 AM »

Will Iowa mark the end of the term or will it be in the middle of it and we will have the option to campaign and assess after the contest?
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 10:41:34 PM »

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 03:36:45 AM »

Vice President Harris could be heard reacting to the recent Kerry campaign by using many foul language aimed at the former Secretary of State that would put Amy Klobuchar and Selina Meyer to shame.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 01:40:17 PM »

I'll be extending this turn by 24 hours so everyone can catch their breath a little before we dive into New Hampshire.

To be clear - the upcoming round begins on January 23 (the day after IA) and includes the NH primary and a pre-primary debate among the Democrats, correct?

I believe he said that the next debate will take place next turn right before the NH Primary,
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »

Wisdom proves that it’s too late for Kerry to get on the ballot in New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina but it would make sense for him to be able to compete in anything beyond that.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 08:37:42 PM »

Just realized Harris is the youngest candidate in this race out of all the candidates, and she's turning 59, oh how old everybody is.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 11:51:24 AM »

Just gonna politely request Harris have an interview since I think she's the only Democratic candidate yet to have one.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »

Just gonna politely request Harris have an interview since I think she's the only Democratic candidate yet to have one.

To NOT have one, you mean? Because Adams, Kerry and Cooper have already been interviewed.

Thank you for the correction, yes I would like to have an interview as every other Democratic candidate has had one.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 12:32:30 PM »

Btw good luck winning NH now that Kerry has entered the picture. Unless he's not contesting NH? Seems like Spiral may be employing a Bloomberg Strategy and is not campaigning in early states but is instead focusing on winning in later states?

This aged terribly. Spiral is literally training all his fire at Cooper and doing nothing against Harris.

For now. Wink

DUN-DUN DUNNNNNN
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 10:21:04 PM »

It's the 2020 Iowa Caucuses all over again. Quick someone get out to the press.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 05:17:16 PM »

When can we expect polls to be posted?
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2022, 05:02:57 PM »

How long do we have left until Nevada? Just asking in general terms
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 05:10:12 PM »

oh my god.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2022, 05:53:27 PM »

Anyway: I motion that we all patiently wait at least a day or two for GoTfan to collect his final thoughts on being GM.

I can support this decision.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »

Vice President Harris has remained stone cold quiet about her record with Herbalife. Why? Because she doesn't want you to know that she had a big opportunity to prosecute a company that was preying on our most vulnerable, especially in Hispanic communities, and she never bothered to take it. This was at the same time that you had the federal government and many other states take action. California was ground zero for some of the worst offenses. Innocent, hard-working people had thousands scammed away from them in many cases.

How can you possibly have had this issue on your radar for years and not felt compelled to do your best for working people? This is a damning part of the Vice President's record that she will have to face up to. Lest some Democrats out there think I'm merely racking up baseless mud, you all can Google this and see a bipartisan wave of anger on this issue. If we don't resolve this in the primary now, you can bet the Republicans are going to take full advantage of this and bring it up over and over in the fall. We're already at a time when our party has been struggling with Latino voters, and we need to regain their trust back through action and not just talk. I respectfully have concerns about whether Kamala Harris can make that happen.

John Kerry TV/Radio Ad: Herbalife

Herbalife was a pyramid scheme marketing company that scammed thousands of Americans out of their life savings. They preyed upon the most vulnerable, especially in poor Latino neighborhoods without strong English skills.

The FBI opened an investigation into their practices. So did the Federal Trade Commission, as well as many states.

Who did not investigate Herbalife? California under then-Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Prosecutors in the Attorney General's office wrote lengthy memos about holding Herbalife accountable, but Harris never opened an investigation or even acknowledged the prosecutors. At the same time, she was accepting donations from wealthy Washington lobbyists working for Herbalife.

Activists came knocking at her door. Still nothing. Harris had the opportunity time and time again but refused to act.

The federal government won a $200 million settlement against Herbalife's fraud. Kamala Harris? Thousands for her campaign but $0 for the American people.

I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

The ad shall play in the following states: Alabama, American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Missouri, and Wisconsin.

Thank you for ripping into Kamala Harris. To dislodge her/Ashton from frontrunner status, this kind of double-pounding by Cooper+Kerry will be essential (and, needless to say, it's more effective coming from Kerry than from Cooper).

*slow awkward Kamala cackle*
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies