2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:27:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8931 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 25, 2022, 08:53:51 AM »

Am I allowed to sign on as Tammy Baldwin?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »

Alright, will be writing my schedule when I wake up.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 04:04:57 PM »

I'm posting my turn after work today.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »

Here's the deal everyone. I'm stepping down as GM, as I feel this game deserves a more active GM than I can provide.

GoTfan will take over as GM, and Tammy Baldwin (GoTfan) will exit the Presidential race, and will be reentering the Senate race in Wisconsin. A full post from GoTfan will be forthcoming shortly.

GoTfan will also announce the new end date for the turn, so the sooner you get your schedules and debate responses in, the better off you will be.

I'm very happy Baldwin's withdrawing since although I was able to attack the other 3 candidates fairly successfully, I was having great difficulty attacking Baldwin (though I did dig up some dirt after doing a little research, it wasn't as good as what I have on Hochul and Harris) and finding effective attacks that stuck. Now for Cooper to subtely try and frame himself in a slightly more progressive light to crack into the Baldwin vote!

Especially since I was using this turn to plot out an extensive foreign policy-based attack.

Either way, turn is extended to June 10.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »

Answer to both is yes. Turn is extending to the 16th
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 08:22:38 PM »

How will you address the ongoing opioid crisis?

What we have witnessed from the opioid crisis is the sheer greed of Big Pharma. They make the big bucks over the disregard of human lives, over families being destroyed after losing their loved ones. In New York City, I successfully pushed for over $250 million in new spending for fighting the opioid crisis. We have been using these funds for treatment programs, for continued education, and—maybe most importantly—preventing future cases of opioid abuse from happening in the first place. I have also provided assistance when possible for the state Attorney General and district attorney’s efforts in prosecuting bad actors who perpetuate this problem.

As President, I will place the health and well-being of Americans as a top priority. If we fall ill to substance abuse or from other matters, all our other problems will build on top of each other. I’ve pushed for healthier lunches and better exercise routines starting at a young school age to encourage good lifestyle habits, and these efforts will continue as President in conjunction with our anti-opioid programs.

Cooper: "This is a serious crisis. A report estimated that about one hundred and thirty people a day die from opioid-related drug overdoses. In the past two decades, 850,000 people have died from drug overdoses. In Tomah, Wisconsin, in 2014, Jason Simcakoski , a 35-year-old Marine Corps, died from opiate overdose. It was because of over-prescription. Senator Tammy Baldwin did nothing about this, even after that. There was an investigation into the Tomah VA by the Department of Veterans Affairs. But Senator Baldwin did nothing, throwing others under the bus and hiring fixer-lawyers as the situation grew ever worse. Jason Simcakoski's widow herself lay the blame with Baldwin for refusing to address this crisis. We need a leader in the White House who will take accountability for this crisis, take this issue seriously. I will be that leader. There will be investigations and inspections and better accountability and accounting regarding prescriptions. No more will people like Jason Simcakoski and their families suffer because of government oversight, government carelessness, and government incompetence. Our elected officials absolutely need to do something about this crisis, and unlike Senator Baldwin, I promise I won't pass the buck."

Governor Cooper: Respectfully, please don't act like a typical politician. The question was about what you would do to fix the opioid crisis, not just badmouthing your rival. Voters deserve better and this debate is about our ideas and records.

You're absolutely right. The truth is I had recently finally dug up some dirt on Baldwin, and I wanted to share it. She was dropping out, so this debate was really my last chance to slam Baldwin on it. And the question was perfect for me to go into that. I also was too lazy to do the research and decided to just use some dirt on Baldwin while I could. However, you're entirely right - Cooper's response to this question was pretty bad actually, since I didn't really have him highlight any specific solutions; he just attacked Baldwin and vaguely promised to do better. And if this was reality, I'd be pretty irritated with Cooper, since I'd expect and hope for a better response on this serious topic than just petty mudslinging and a vague promise to fix the problem without giving specific ideas/solutions/action plans.

And I also want to add your own response was rock-solid. I was too lazy to do the research on this one and just decided that it was the best time to unveil some opposition research - your response, however, was perfect and is a model to follow.

Lastly, welcome to the game. I look forward to campaigning against you/Adams for the nomination.

These are all things that will be taken into account.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »

Turn is now closed!

Expect turn results to be up in a day or so, depending.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »

Turn is going up later on today. Want some time to celebrate my birthday first.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »

Turn is finally live!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2022, 09:52:12 AM »

GoTfan, would you be able to publicly list the endorsements we earned for the past turn so we can all keep better track?

Was just thinking about that.

To avoid clutter, I'll create a separate thread listing the endorsements, otherwise the game thread will just get chaotic.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 08:24:01 PM »

Is it too late to join as a new candidate?

Who would you like to join as?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 03:32:10 AM »

So is anyone actually gonna post or is this dead?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 09:26:29 AM »

So is anyone actually gonna post or is this dead?
Wait, did you accept my proposal?

You're more than welcome to join in.

And I'll be closing the turn in 48 hours. No more extensions. Finally, the dnorsement thread will be ging up in 24 hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2022, 02:34:11 AM »

This game needed a strong Harris player... *sigh* there's always next time.

You can join as Harris if you want. There'll be a slight hit, but it's recoverable.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 12:08:54 AM »

This game needed a strong Harris player... *sigh* there's always next time.

You can join as Harris if you want. There'll be a slight hit, but it's recoverable.

Then I'll join as Harris.

Excellent!

This turn is closed, but you are welcome to join in next turn.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2022, 06:25:05 AM »

Just for my future schedule's sake, what month's will this turn be covering?

Idk for sure but my guess is Oct and Nov 2023

Correct.

Turn will be up in a few hours. Just need to finish writing a piece for the local paper.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2022, 07:51:54 PM »

I'll be responding to all PMs and throwing up the debate questions soon. Still working a few things out.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 07:13:59 PM »

I'm extending this turn by 48 hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »

I'm extending this turn by 48 hours.

I sent you the responses of my interview in ReidOut a while back. Are you going to post them in the gameplay thread or should I?

I post the interviews with the start of the next turn, as I did the previous week.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 05:35:12 PM »

Hochul's supporters will almost certainly be moving into the undecided column, but a decent chunk of them will be going to Harris because, y'know, sitting VP and all.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 07:26:23 PM »

Going to have Kathy Hochul drop out and endorse Eric Adams. Life is just too busy for me to be able to give this the time it needs any time soon.

!!

If Hochul is endorsing Adams he's basically won the primary and I may as well have Cooper drop out, too. I would implore you to reconsider and to keep Hochul from making an endorsement; that way the primary could remain competitive and the game could remain interesting/competitive (whereas, again, if you endorse Adams, I don't see any way for him to lose or for Cooper to win). I think it'd be much more interesting if Adams and I had to both try to win over Hochul supporters, rather than you just endorsing Adams and more or less handing him the nomination before a single primary. I mean, based on how well Spiral is running, he may well end up winning IA and NH even without your endorsement - but at least Cooper gets a good fighting chance and isn't DOA.

I doubt that all of Hochul's supporters are uniformly transferring to Adams right away, especially with not a single vote being cast yet. The remaining candidates all have their unique strengths and weaknesses among the electorate that we'll have to work with. I see this primary as being a very competitive three-way for a while.

Fair enough but if she endorses Adams, Adams gets a major boost for sure. Given your trajectory in this game I'd say that would probably be enough to make you a clear favourite and put Cooper in a position where victory is very difficult - whereas right now, the game is still interesting and the race competitive, and at a place where I think all three of us (Harris, Adams, and Cooper) have decent shots at winning.

You didn't pay attention to what GoTfan said, did you?

If Hochul endorses Adams, it'd make most sense for a plurality of supporters to sooner or later drift into his camp. Frankly, it logically doesn't make sense that if Candidate A drops out and endorses Candidate B, Candidate A's supporters on the whole support Candidate C rather than Candidate B.

GoTfan's the GM. And FYI, if I were still GM, I likely would have done the same thing. Being the incumbent VP has perks in a contested primary, especially with no clear Challenger in the progressive wing (though if GoTfan were still playing as Baldwin, she would have divided that support with Harris if I were still GM)

It's also down to the fact that Harris just has more name recognition.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 08:43:27 PM »

Turn is closed. Processing results now.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 12:46:39 AM »

Turn is closed. Processing results now.

When do you think the next turn will be set up?

Working on it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 09:27:27 AM »

Alright, data is collated. Turn will be up in a few hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2022, 09:04:25 AM »

Polling will be going up in a few hours. My dog was attacked today so we have to take her in for an operation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies