2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:44:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8667 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 01, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
« edited: October 01, 2022, 12:42:56 PM by CentristRepublican »

Mental health for teenagers has come into focus recently following the suicide of a 16 year old girl in Durham, North Carolina due to depression.

Depressed kids commit suicide every day; no offence, but why would this particular kid be a special case that attracts national attention?

Also, I think it'd be awkward for Cooper to just call this girl "this girl," so I'm going to take the liberty of giving her a name.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2022, 06:51:46 PM »

Mental health for teenagers has come into focus recently following the suicide of a 16 year old girl in Durham, North Carolina due to depression.

Depressed kids commit suicide every day; no offence, but why would this particular kid be a special case that attracts national attention?

Also, I think it'd be awkward for Cooper to just call this girl "this girl," so I'm going to take the liberty of giving her a name.

. . .
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »

. . .

I’m not trivializing it or saying it’s no biggie or that it doesn’t matter - only that the fact is that these things are unfortunately very common, and the reality is, one kid committing suicide is never this big of a news story. Perhaps it should be - and I’m not arguing that it shouldn’t - but the fact is that it isn’t, and that’s what I was saying. Unless the circumstances were extraordinary or highly unusual or something - this would not be a national story and would not warrant a visit to the suicided’s parents by POTUS.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2022, 06:37:10 PM »

This game dead, once and for all, then? Kind of disappointing, but I'll take some of the blame if it has.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2022, 06:38:45 PM »

This game dead, once and for all, then? Kind of disappointing if it has, given how far we'd gotten (myself in particular - no offence to anybody else, but I'm the only one who played from start to finish) but I'll take some of the blame if it has. Either way though, given that it's been over 2 weeks since anything was posted in either thread, pretty sure it has.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »

Still planning to get posts in on my end, eventually. I'd expect them soon.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2022, 06:19:50 PM »

Still planning to get posts in on my end, eventually. I'd expect them soon.

Any updates on this?
Anyway, I honestly do think, whether you post or not, this game is dead...I myself don't post very much on the forum of late, Ashton's not been active here either, and most importantly, GoTfan seems to have quit as GM for real this time (and I take all the blame for that - though I did try to persuade him to stay on temporarily).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies