2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8599 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2022, 07:29:22 AM »

I will say, we need more Republican candidates.
Pink Panther

« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2022, 07:46:59 AM »

I will say, we need more Republican candidates.
I might be able to reach out to more people if their interested in this. Also, when was the last time Greg posted in this thread, lol?
Pink Panther

« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2022, 11:20:08 AM »

Trump attacks McMahon in Boston, Las Vegas, and Charleston

*plays footage of McMahon being arrested with the script

“Is this who you want to be president?”

If I'm not mistaken, this is the only thing Trump has done during the primary season, lol.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2022, 01:17:46 PM »

I personally believe Trump should be declared withdrawn due to inactivity.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2022, 01:22:03 PM »

If it weren't for me being part of the Atlasian GM team, I'd offer to take over as Trump.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2022, 02:00:31 PM »

Next round? Want to see the final poll results for SC, as well as the results of the SC-primary...it's a must-win for Cooper (albeit not quite as much as it was for Biden in 2020 - but then, Biden was able to win SC in a landslide and here we're talking about Cooper winning it by only a few points).
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »

McMahon as the presumptive nominee sure would make this a memorable TL lol. Of course, other Republicans may jump in later anyway.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2022, 02:48:44 PM »

McMahon as the presumptive nominee sure would make this a memorable TL lol. Of course, other Republicans may jump in later anyway.

McMahon as the nominee would actually just make the GE a cakewalk for the Democratic nominee...so the GE would actually be a lot less interesting. And even the primaries would be less exciting on the GOP side, since as the presumptive nominee, McMahon wouldn't campaign as much. If we want an exciting/memorable TL - the best solution is as things currently appear: a decent performance and active campaign by McMahon in the GOP primary to keep things exciting there (the Democratic primary is already very exciting IMO), but to have Trump (or somebody else, IDK, might be too late for that now) in the GE so the GE is legitimately reasonably competitive too.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2022, 02:52:18 PM »

McMahon as the nominee would actually just make the GE a cakewalk for the Democratic nominee...so the GE would actually be a lot less interesting. And even the primaries would be less exciting on the GOP side, since as the presumptive nominee, McMahon wouldn't campaign as much. If we want an exciting/memorable TL - the best solution is as things currently appear: a decent performance and active campaign by McMahon in the GOP primary to keep things exciting there (the Democratic primary is already very exciting IMO), but to have Trump (or somebody else, IDK, might be too late for that now) in the GE so the GE is legitimately reasonably competitive too.

There's also always the possibility of a strong independent/third party run to spice up the GE even with McMahon.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2022, 02:53:40 PM »

There's also always the possibility of a strong independent/third party run to spice up the GE even with McMahon.

More interesting, and not too far-fetched, maybe: Democrat vs. Trump vs. an Independent/Third-Party McMahon. Though I suppose that'd give the Dems a solid advantage in the GE as well, since McMahon would draw votes from the Trump side / Republicans.
Pink Panther

« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2022, 04:03:29 PM »

If Trump actually does withdraw, I don't even know how I would respond. But I know for certain that I would essentially get on my knees and beg for someone to join the game in the GOP primaries, and hopefully one of them would actually join and be active.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2022, 04:34:32 PM »

I'm prepared to give it one more turn, but if there is still no activity from Trump, I'll start looking for a new player.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #337 on: September 11, 2022, 07:52:43 PM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #338 on: September 11, 2022, 10:24:12 PM »

On the way. I got hit with a particularly intense bout of depression recently so working through that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: September 11, 2022, 11:28:52 PM »

Oh, sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need and hopefully you’re fine or will be fine…you’ll get through it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2022, 10:19:04 AM »

Should we expect the State of the Race post to come soon after polls or a bit later in the turn?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2022, 12:37:46 PM »

I'm prepared to give it one more turn, but if there is still no activity from Trump, I'll start looking for a new player.
If you need a Trump, I'd be happy to jump in.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2022, 06:47:12 PM »

If you need a Trump, I'd be happy to jump in.

Granted. We can;t wait on Greg any longer.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2022, 10:21:37 PM »

Preemptively going to request an extension I will definitely be needing.

I have two tests in school tomorrow, and a quiz on Thursday, and will be gone all weekend (going down to Los Angeles to meet my aunt and uncle with family). Meaning that I won’t be able to really play until after school on Monday - so Monday evening at about 4:00 (CA time) is when I’ll be able to even start playing (and I won’t be able to get all the information down till Tuesday evening, quite possibly).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2022, 01:03:31 AM »

Should we expect the State of the Race post to come soon after polls or a bit later in the turn?

I'm writing it now.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2022, 10:14:03 AM »

Okay, State of the Race post is now up. Polls are up. Turn is underway. Remember, Super Tuesday is not far off, so begin preparing as I prepare for detailed Super Tuesday plling next turn.

This message brought to you by the Guild of Millers. The Guild of Millers uses only the finest grains. True Roman bread for true Romans.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2022, 02:54:25 AM »

I'll echo CentristRepublican and ask for a formal extension on this turn, until at least Tuesday or Wednesday evening. This weekend did not allow me nearly as much time to work on the game as I initially expected due to family matters.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2022, 06:48:19 PM »

Okay, yeah, I'll need to extend things on my account too. I'll extend the turn by three days.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2022, 07:25:13 PM »

Just a *suggestion* (which should not be by any means misconstrued to be armchair-generalling or anything): Post Super Tuesday, you should make the states' delegates winner-take-all, or do something like, some proportion of the delegates are automatically given to the winner, while the rest are distributed proportional to the results (for instance, say 50% of the delegates automatically go to the winner of the primary, and the other 50% are distributed proportionally - then, say, if Cooper wins 60% in a state with 30 delegates, he'd first off immediately receive 50% of the 30 delegates - so 15 delegates - and then 60% of the remaining 50% of delegates - so another 9 delegates - to give him 24 delegates and give Harris/Kerry a total of 6). Because the way all the states are totally proportional, it's not having very much of an impact when Cooper loses three primaries in a row, since he's still all right in terms of delegate count, and when it is in fact proportional, there's not nearly as much of an impetus to win a state's primary when you realise that, really, it's a question of only a few delegates and not a lot of them. My advice personally would be to let Super Tuesday be mostly winner-take-all since that's the way it's been till now - with maybe a few a mixture of winner-take-all and proportional, as described above - but thereafter, start having the states be mostly a hybrid of winner-take-all and proportional, with a few of the most competitive states being complete winner-take-all (so there's a lot of pressure on Cooper/Harris/Kerry to extensively campaign, and to win in, those specific states - since there wouldn't be just a few delegates at stake, but all the state's thirty or forty or fifty or more delegates).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2022, 07:49:53 PM »

Just a *suggestion* (which should not be by any means misconstrued to be armchair-generalling or anything): Post Super Tuesday, you should make the states' delegates winner-take-all, or do something like, some proportion of the delegates are automatically given to the winner, while the rest are distributed proportional to the results (for instance, say 50% of the delegates automatically go to the winner of the primary, and the other 50% are distributed proportionally - then, say, if Cooper wins 60% in a state with 30 delegates, he'd first off immediately receive 50% of the 30 delegates - so 15 delegates - and then 60% of the remaining 50% of delegates - so another 9 delegates - to give him 24 delegates and give Harris/Kerry a total of 6). Because the way all the states are totally proportional, it's not having very much of an impact when Cooper loses three primaries in a row, since he's still all right in terms of delegate count, and when it is in fact proportional, there's not nearly as much of an impetus to win a state's primary when you realise that, really, it's a question of only a few delegates and not a lot of them. My advice personally would be to let Super Tuesday be mostly winner-take-all since that's the way it's been till now - with maybe a few a mixture of winner-take-all and proportional, as described above - but thereafter, start having the states be mostly a hybrid of winner-take-all and proportional, with a few of the most competitive states being complete winner-take-all (so there's a lot of pressure on Cooper/Harris/Kerry to extensively campaign, and to win in, those specific states - since there wouldn't be just a few delegates at stake, but all the state's thirty or forty or fifty or more delegates).

I think we've established that GoTfan does not want suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies