2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8624 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2022, 05:53:27 PM »

Anyway: I motion that we all patiently wait at least a day or two for GoTfan to collect his final thoughts on being GM.

I can support this decision.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2022, 05:53:33 PM »

Anyway: I motion that we all patiently wait at least a day or two for GoTfan to collect his final thoughts on being GM.

Honestly, I agree, largely, because while I'm willing to take over again, I really don't want the job.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2022, 05:55:30 PM »

I say we give him 24 hours. If GoTfan announces he's changed his mind and will continue as GM, great. The game can go on. If GoTfan reiterates that he's not interested in playing as GM anymore, or doesn't say anything (in which case we take his silence to mean that his position is unchanged), after 24 hours, we can let NYE take over the game and continue going on.

Alright then. Find someone else to moderate it.  

I quit.
Huh? I thought you did an extremely solid job managing the game so far. Please reconsider your decision.

Agreed. I think GoTfan's been a good moderator, and while some of us (myself and NYE in particular) offered a few minor criticisms here and there, by and large we all approved of his performance (and he was praised for his handling of enough factors in the game, such as the primary night coverage). But if GoTfan does want to quit, I think we can give him a day to decide for certain if that's what he wants to do and after that respect his decision either way.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2022, 05:37:53 PM »

It's been 24 hours now and GoTfan's not gotten back to us; I think he's made up his mind and doesn't intend to serve as GM any longer.

...So if NYE wants to reclaim the reins of GM and, for one thing, start coverage of the NV caucuses and set up the next round, that would be good.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2022, 05:45:34 PM »

It's been 24 hours now and GoTfan's not gotten back to us; I think he's made up his mind and doesn't intend to serve as GM any longer.

...So if NYE wants to reclaim the reins of GM and, for one thing, start coverage of the NV caucuses and set up the next round, that would be good.

I hindsight, I think I'm going to act out of guilt here, and say that as pennance for driving GoTFan away, the right move from where I'm sitting might just be to let the game die.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2022, 05:46:37 PM »

I hindsight, I think I'm going to act out of guilt here, and say that as pennance for driving GoTFan away, the right move from where I'm sitting might just be to let the game die.

...What??
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2022, 05:49:55 PM »

Okay, yeah, the game can't die! We have a VERY competitive and interesting Democratic Primary, and to just abandon it at this stage would be a very bad thing. I've dedicated several hours of my time over the past few months playing as Cooper, and so have (albeit to a lesser extent) Spiral and Ashton. This show must go on!

But, if you insist on not GM'ing, what logically follows is we must find a new GM. I would suggest myself for the role, but the obvious problem is I can't both be GM and play as Cooper (otherwise I'd certainly have fun running this game). A possibility is that, if (and only if) Spiral is up to it, he drops out and serves as GM instead? IDK and if Spiral would prefer to just play, that's obviously very understandable, but if he's up to it, that could be an option (ofc then the Democratic Primary would be a little less interesting and it'd just be Harris vs Cooper). If not Spiral, we'll need to find somebody else who's been following the game and who understands it, to run the game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2022, 05:52:24 PM »

Okay, yeah, the game can't die! We have a VERY competitive and interesting Democratic Primary, and to just abandon it at this stage would be a very bad thing. I've dedicated several hours of my time over the past few months playing as Cooper, and so have (albeit to a lesser extent) Spiral and Ashton. This show must go on!

But, if you insist on not GM'ing, what logically follows is we must find a new GM. I would suggest myself for the role, but the obvious problem is I can't both be GM and play as Cooper (otherwise I'd certainly have fun running this game). A possibility is that, if (and only if) Spiral is up to it, he drops out and serves as GM instead? IDK and if Spiral would prefer to just play, that's obviously very understandable, but if he's up to it, that could be an option (ofc then the Democratic Primary would be a little less interesting and it'd just be Harris vs Cooper). If not Spiral, we'll need to find somebody else who's been following the game and who understands it, to run the game.

I'm sorry. But I don't feel comfortable returning the role (or indeed continuing to follow the game at all), having helped drive a GM away.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2022, 07:55:19 PM »

If there is ne thing I can't stand, it's being armchair generalled. I get enough of that from my parents and when I go to umpire on the weekend. And honestly, after a weekend of being cursed at, threatened and spat on by angry fans, I've had enough of people running things from the backseat. I did not volunteer to run this because I wanted to be armchair generalled.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2022, 08:02:52 PM »

If there is ne thing I can't stand, it's being armchair generalled. I get enough of that from my parents and when I go to umpire on the weekend. And honestly, after a weekend of being cursed at, threatened and spat on by angry fans, I've had enough of people running things from the backseat. I did not volunteer to run this because I wanted to be armchair generalled.

So, I take it you're agreeing with me, that allowing the game to die is the correct move?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »

So, I take it you're agreeing with me, that allowing the game to die is the correct move?

I'll come back to it. It'd be a shame for it to die after coming this far.

However, there is to be no more backseat driving. If anyone has suggestions, I want to hear them, but no more backseat driving and no more armchair generalling. Like I said, I get enough of that from my parents that I have to see a psychologist twice a week.

We need more Republican candidates though.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »

I'll come back to it. It'd be a shame for it to die after coming this far.

However, there is to be no more backseat driving. If anyone has suggestions, I want to hear them, but no more backseat driving and no more armchair generalling. Like I said, I get enough of that from my parents that I have to see a psychologist twice a week.

We need more Republican candidates though.

THANK you. You're running the game fine, and moreover, the show must go on.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2022, 09:31:32 AM »

So are we doing the NV caucus then? And going to the next turn?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #313 on: August 30, 2022, 09:34:13 AM »

So are we doing the NV caucus then? And going to the next turn?

He already mentioned he'll get back to where we were at. Let's not run the risk of getting pushy again. Tongue
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2022, 11:00:33 AM »

I'm going to start Nevada coverage when I wake up.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2022, 10:21:43 PM »

Drafts done. Will be up later.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2022, 06:22:23 PM »

“Well! I gotta say, here in Vegas you need 3 in a row for a jackpot and I gotta say we just hit the jackpot in the primary race! *laughs*”

This was a good one, I'll admit.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2022, 10:46:48 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2022, 10:19:49 AM by GoTfan »

DELEGATE COUNT

Harris: 54 (21 from IA, 13 from NH, 20 from NV)
Cooper: 44 (19 from IA, 10 from NH, 15 from NV)

I am perfectly capable of keeping track of the delegate count myself.

Turn will end in 96 hours.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2022, 11:39:28 AM »

DELEGATE COUNT

Harris: 54 (21 from IA, 13 from NH, 20 from NV)
Cooper: 44 (19 from IA, 10 from NH, 15 from NV)

I am perfectly capable of keeping track of the delegate count myself.

Turn will end in 96 hours.

All I did was write it down for reference. I don’t know why you’re making such a big deal out of it, but in no way am I micromanaging or backside-driving by posting something for reference. Perhaps you can keep track of the delegates. I’m not denying that. But I posted this for my own benefit and for general reference, so that I could keep track. How is that such a problem?? In no way am I questioning your game-running authority or trying to backside drive. Please, stop thinking of it that way and making a big deal out of something that isn’t. By no means am I trying to “run the game” by posing some numbers for general reference, period, and you really need to understand that. There was no offense meant and I wasn’t trying to run the game.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #319 on: September 07, 2022, 01:21:53 AM »

Would it be possible to get one or two additional days here?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #320 on: September 07, 2022, 02:34:20 AM »

I can give half a day and not much more than that. This turn has already gone on for a while.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #321 on: September 07, 2022, 08:32:46 AM »

I can give half a day and not much more than that. This turn has already gone on for a while.

As long as I can wrap things up today in the late evening/early morning my time, that's good with me.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2022, 05:17:38 PM »

Turn is closed.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #323 on: September 08, 2022, 09:05:33 PM »

Vice President Harris has remained stone cold quiet about her record with Herbalife. Why? Because she doesn't want you to know that she had a big opportunity to prosecute a company that was preying on our most vulnerable, especially in Hispanic communities, and she never bothered to take it. This was at the same time that you had the federal government and many other states take action. California was ground zero for some of the worst offenses. Innocent, hard-working people had thousands scammed away from them in many cases.

How can you possibly have had this issue on your radar for years and not felt compelled to do your best for working people? This is a damning part of the Vice President's record that she will have to face up to. Lest some Democrats out there think I'm merely racking up baseless mud, you all can Google this and see a bipartisan wave of anger on this issue. If we don't resolve this in the primary now, you can bet the Republicans are going to take full advantage of this and bring it up over and over in the fall. We're already at a time when our party has been struggling with Latino voters, and we need to regain their trust back through action and not just talk. I respectfully have concerns about whether Kamala Harris can make that happen.

John Kerry TV/Radio Ad: Herbalife

Herbalife was a pyramid scheme marketing company that scammed thousands of Americans out of their life savings. They preyed upon the most vulnerable, especially in poor Latino neighborhoods without strong English skills.

The FBI opened an investigation into their practices. So did the Federal Trade Commission, as well as many states.

Who did not investigate Herbalife? California under then-Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Prosecutors in the Attorney General's office wrote lengthy memos about holding Herbalife accountable, but Harris never opened an investigation or even acknowledged the prosecutors. At the same time, she was accepting donations from wealthy Washington lobbyists working for Herbalife.

Activists came knocking at her door. Still nothing. Harris had the opportunity time and time again but refused to act.

The federal government won a $200 million settlement against Herbalife's fraud. Kamala Harris? Thousands for her campaign but $0 for the American people.

I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

The ad shall play in the following states: Alabama, American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Missouri, and Wisconsin.

Thank you for ripping into Kamala Harris. To dislodge her/Ashton from frontrunner status, this kind of double-pounding by Cooper+Kerry will be essential (and, needless to say, it's more effective coming from Kerry than from Cooper).
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #324 on: September 08, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »

Vice President Harris has remained stone cold quiet about her record with Herbalife. Why? Because she doesn't want you to know that she had a big opportunity to prosecute a company that was preying on our most vulnerable, especially in Hispanic communities, and she never bothered to take it. This was at the same time that you had the federal government and many other states take action. California was ground zero for some of the worst offenses. Innocent, hard-working people had thousands scammed away from them in many cases.

How can you possibly have had this issue on your radar for years and not felt compelled to do your best for working people? This is a damning part of the Vice President's record that she will have to face up to. Lest some Democrats out there think I'm merely racking up baseless mud, you all can Google this and see a bipartisan wave of anger on this issue. If we don't resolve this in the primary now, you can bet the Republicans are going to take full advantage of this and bring it up over and over in the fall. We're already at a time when our party has been struggling with Latino voters, and we need to regain their trust back through action and not just talk. I respectfully have concerns about whether Kamala Harris can make that happen.

John Kerry TV/Radio Ad: Herbalife

Herbalife was a pyramid scheme marketing company that scammed thousands of Americans out of their life savings. They preyed upon the most vulnerable, especially in poor Latino neighborhoods without strong English skills.

The FBI opened an investigation into their practices. So did the Federal Trade Commission, as well as many states.

Who did not investigate Herbalife? California under then-Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Prosecutors in the Attorney General's office wrote lengthy memos about holding Herbalife accountable, but Harris never opened an investigation or even acknowledged the prosecutors. At the same time, she was accepting donations from wealthy Washington lobbyists working for Herbalife.

Activists came knocking at her door. Still nothing. Harris had the opportunity time and time again but refused to act.

The federal government won a $200 million settlement against Herbalife's fraud. Kamala Harris? Thousands for her campaign but $0 for the American people.

I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

The ad shall play in the following states: Alabama, American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Missouri, and Wisconsin.

Thank you for ripping into Kamala Harris. To dislodge her/Ashton from frontrunner status, this kind of double-pounding by Cooper+Kerry will be essential (and, needless to say, it's more effective coming from Kerry than from Cooper).

*slow awkward Kamala cackle*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies