2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8602 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »

All feedback has been taken into account, rest assured.

I will say this, the back and forth between Harris and Cooper is going to get very interesting with Kerry now in the race. Especially since Kerry can leverage some of the advantages Baldwin would've had in the race.

I am looking at intensifying the debate schedule as well.

If you need someone to host a debate or two, I'm available.

I will say this, the back and forth between Harris and Cooper is going to get very interesting with Kerry now in the race. Especially since Kerry can leverage some of the advantages Baldwin would've had in the race.

I was hoping it'd help Cooper by drawing establishmentarian votes from Harris into Kerry's column, but Kerry/Spiral isn't helping by attacking Cooper so much and laying off Harris.

I admit if I were still GM, I would probably have vetoed a Kerry candidacy, but I'm enjoying what Spiral is doing with him so far.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »

If you need someone to host a debate or two, I'm available.

I was hoping it'd help Cooper by drawing establishmentarian votes from Harris into Kerry's column, but Kerry/Spiral isn't helping by attacking Cooper so much and laying off Harris.

I admit if I were still GM, I would probably have vetoed a Kerry candidacy, but I'm enjoying what Spiral is doing with him so far.

The voters will, don't worry.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2022, 09:03:10 AM »

I'll be posting the headlines tomorrow morning my time, so in around 8-9 hours. Polls will follow my shift at the Red Cross, as will the debate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »

Okay, the Democratic debate this turn is scheduled for January 28, the Republican debate for the 29th. Again, a note to all players that your candidates have all been invited to attend the Carter funeral in Plains, Georgia on February 1.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2022, 11:51:24 AM »

Just gonna politely request Harris have an interview since I think she's the only Democratic candidate yet to have one.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2022, 12:27:07 PM »

Just gonna politely request Harris have an interview since I think she's the only Democratic candidate yet to have one.

To NOT have one, you mean? Because Adams, Kerry and Cooper have already been interviewed.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »

To NOT have one, you mean? Because Adams, Kerry and Cooper have already been interviewed.

Thank you for the correction, yes I would like to have an interview as every other Democratic candidate has had one.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2022, 07:16:02 PM »

Thank you for the correction, yes I would like to have an interview as every other Democratic candidate has had one.

I have your request. I just want to get everything else up first.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2022, 10:35:02 PM »

GoTfan, how much longer do you expect it should take before our endorsement requests from last turn are fully reviewed?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2022, 11:15:44 PM »

GoTfan, how much longer do you expect it should take before our endorsement requests from last turn are fully reviewed?

Working on it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2022, 12:16:04 AM »

Also, I feel that we should have more time for our turns since primary season requires greater detail in our posts. In particular, 36 hours until NH coverage starts is way too short given that we have to cram in a debate too.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2022, 12:18:14 AM »

Also, I feel that we should have more time for our turns since primary season requires greater detail in our posts. In particular, 36 hours until NH coverage starts is way too short given that we have to cram in a debate too.

Which is why I likely won't be reentering the game as a player (I was asked to reenter as a running mate for one candidate. Not naming names at this point).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2022, 12:56:31 AM »

Alright, fine, I'll postpone everything for another 48 hours.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2022, 02:19:45 PM »

I am extremely troubled over Vince McMahon's possible attendance at President Carter's funeral. This is a man who has engaged in serial assault of our fellow candidates and who shows no respect of the democratic process through his flagrant election lies. We are about to honor a statesman, and with that comes a level of basic decency that Mr. McMahon has simply obliterated. For all we know, he could be planning to bodyslam into the casket. Let us not forget that there was an assassination attempt on Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez at a rally just this past week. What message would it send to the nation and the world to accept somebody who frequently promotes and engages in violence at campaign events?

We cannot afford a security risk for such a somber and sensitive occasion. I would implore funeral organizers to reassess this invitation and its consequences.

LOL.
Pink Panther

« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2022, 02:58:09 PM »

I'm honestly surprised I'm allowed to appear at Carter's funeral considering the sh**t I have done up to this point, lol. Not complaining, though.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »

I am urging everyone to pst what they need in the next 24 hours. After that, I can't delay New Hampshire any further
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2022, 02:38:34 PM »

I am urging everyone to pst what they need in the next 24 hours. After that, I can't delay New Hampshire any further

I was out yesterday...Will have the stuff up imminently.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »

Vice President Harris fights back at Roy Cooper at Democratic Debate

“Roy, my dear friend, the only reason I’ve let you mercilessly slander my name is because I can disassociate better than you can enunciate, I’m not phased by your accusations because I have a responsibility to use this stage, that only three Americans are left standing on, to speak about the issues that matter to working people. I will respond to your attacks once, and then I will go back to championing the issues that matter. Your attacks on my record as a prosecutor are unequivocally hypocritical. You’ve berated me for executing the laws of my city when I was San Francisco’s district attorney, that was my job, I had a duty to the people of San Francisco and a duty to the people of the state of California. In fact, when I was Attorney General of California, I supported and advocated for proposition 64, which legalized marijuana in my state and led to the recreational sale of it in California by 2018.

Roy, you were the attorney general of North Carolina for 16 years. Marijuana was not legal in North Carolina from 2001 to 2017, how many people did your lawyers prosecute for smoking weed? This isn’t an issue that needs to be presented disingenuously, I’m thrilled that when you were Governor, you smartened up and legalized marijuana in the state of North Carolina. But we still need to, as I’m sure you can agree, do the same thing on a national level, I’m currently advocating for that as Vice President. Too many people are watching this debate from a prison cell tonight, because of the racist marijuana laws that we have in this country. If any of those people are watching, as someone who has made that mistake in the past, I’m fighting really, really hard to get you out of there.

I have been a punching bag, too many times in my life, for the older, whiter, more charismatic men in the room. I refuse to let you do that to me, Governor Cooper. There’s your long awaited response, now let’s talk about the issues that matter to the American people instead of spouting nonsense just because you want to win.”

Rock-solid response.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »

Still following and enjoying this game (even if the GOP Primary has gotten a little bit boring without DeSantis).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2022, 11:14:01 PM »

Still following and enjoying this game  (even if the GOP Primary has gotten a little bit boring without DeSantis).

I’d say the fireworks on the Democratic side more than compensate for the lack of excitement on the GOP side.   Wink
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2022, 11:19:16 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 11:31:39 PM by Spiral »

Still following and enjoying this game  (even if the GOP Primary has gotten a little bit boring without DeSantis).

I’d say the fireworks on the Democratic side more than compensate for the lack of excitement on the GOP side.   Wink

Got that right. I think I got everything off my chest now, so we're probably good to get to NH coverage lmao
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2022, 11:40:14 PM »

Still following and enjoying this game  (even if the GOP Primary has gotten a little bit boring without DeSantis).

I’d say the fireworks on the Democratic side more than compensate for the lack of excitement on the GOP side.   Wink

If I had the spare time and interest in returning to the game, I'd probably mount a late Mike Pence entry, honestly.

The Primary deserves some entertainment, and Pence has an axe to grind...
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »

Btw good luck winning NH now that Kerry has entered the picture. Unless he's not contesting NH? Seems like Spiral may be employing a Bloomberg Strategy and is not campaigning in early states but is instead focusing on winning in later states?

This aged terribly. Spiral is literally training all his fire at Cooper and doing nothing against Harris.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »

Btw good luck winning NH now that Kerry has entered the picture. Unless he's not contesting NH? Seems like Spiral may be employing a Bloomberg Strategy and is not campaigning in early states but is instead focusing on winning in later states?

This aged terribly. Spiral is literally training all his fire at Cooper and doing nothing against Harris.

For now. Wink
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2022, 12:32:30 PM »

For now. Wink

DUN-DUN DUNNNNNN
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies