2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8616 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2022, 07:48:12 PM »

Have already started work on a post with the details of Cooper's campaigning in NH (IA and NC/SC are posted). Should be up in the next hour and a half (need to go now but when I'm back I'll wrap it up).
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »

Have already started work on a post with the details of Cooper's campaigning in NH (IA and NC/SC are posted). Should be up in the next hour and a half (need to go now but when I'm back I'll wrap it up).

If I see one more attack from you, I'm putting you in jail for marijuana related charges.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2022, 09:01:21 PM »

If I see one more attack from you, I'm putting you in jail for marijuana related charges.

Now I'm depressed that I stepped down as GM (then again, if I were GM still, we'd have just passed election day 2023 right now.) I would have had fun scoring the Harris/Cooper fighting.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2022, 09:23:59 PM »

LOL.

Seriously though, I didn't put any: for NH I just gave a broad schedule/summary of what I did daily (similar to the schedule you put up for Harris) and didn't feature any excerpts from Cooper's rallies (as it is there were a lot of town halls and not that many rallies).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2022, 09:35:34 PM »

Now I'm depressed that I stepped down as GM (then again, if I were GM still, we'd have just passed election day 2023 right now.) I would have had fun scoring the Harris/Cooper fighting.

I made a calculated decision to accelrate the turns. A big problem games have is petering out before they reach the primaries, and I wanted to avoid that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2022, 11:19:05 PM »

I made a calculated decision to accelrate the turns. A big problem games have is petering out before they reach the primaries, and I wanted to avoid that.

When IA's results come in, will you just give the final results statewide, or also give a county map and/or results by congressional districts?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2022, 11:22:42 PM »

When IA's results come in, will you just give the final results statewide, or also give a county map and/or results by congressional districts?

I'd actually like to know too (so I can learn some formatting tricks if I want to attempt to do this again in the future. It's unlikely, as I prefer playing these games to hosting them, but every bit of knowledge helps me out).
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2022, 10:00:03 AM »

I hate that it's come to this so early, but Adams will regrettably have to drop out for personal reasons. He fully endorses Cooper for the nomination.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2022, 12:25:53 PM »

I hate that it's come to this so early, but Adams will regrettably have to drop out for personal reasons. He fully endorses Cooper for the nomination.

Thank you!!!!

ROY COOPER FOR THE WIN! We are now unstoppable!!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2022, 01:45:26 PM by CentristRepublican »

I'd actually like to know too (so I can learn some formatting tricks if I want to attempt to do this again in the future. It's unlikely, as I prefer playing these games to hosting them, but every bit of knowledge helps me out).

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »

Trying to figure out the point of continuing a campaign at this point that is certain to lose, will make a decision on withdrawing in a couple of hours.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2022, 02:33:37 PM »

When will the next turn be up?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2022, 06:49:17 PM »

Soon. I've closed the turn permanently now.

Trying to figure out the point of continuing a campaign at this point that is certain to lose, will make a decision on withdrawing in a couple of hours.

Don't count yourself out just yet. Remember Shep Smith's words, "Politics is weird . . and creepy".
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2022, 07:05:36 PM »

Soon. I've closed the turn permanently now.

Don't count yourself out just yet. Remember Shep Smith's words, "Politics is weird . . and creepy".

I would hope Adams endorsing me at least makes me the favourite to win though, and makes me significantly likelier to win IA, NH and NV (all states in which I was down) and SC (the one state I was within striking distance of).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2022, 07:44:42 AM »

Alright, I have finished writing my drafts of the 2024 Iowa caucuses!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2022, 10:32:06 AM »

Will Iowa mark the end of the term or will it be in the middle of it and we will have the option to campaign and assess after the contest?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2022, 05:23:07 PM »

So to be clear, we have a few days to put up campaign info for January 19-22, and THEN you'll put up the results for the IA caucus?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »

Will Iowa mark the end of the term or will it be in the middle of it and we will have the option to campaign and assess after the contest?

it will be in the middle of the turn, yes. I'm releasing the coverage 36 hours into the turn to simulate the fact that they're happening in the 22nd and not the 18th. Bit of suspense makes everything a lot more fun for me.

So to be clear, we have a few days to put up campaign info for January 19-22, and THEN you'll put up the results for the IA caucus?

I'll be putting up the results midway through the turn regardless of what posts have been made.

Polls will be relased as soon as I finish my shift today.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2022, 12:26:25 AM »

Iowa results are going up in a few hours
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2022, 10:34:15 PM »

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2022, 10:35:47 PM »

Will NH also be happening on this turn, or will it be happening on the next turn?
Also, will/can there be a debate between Harris and Cooper before the NH primary?
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2022, 10:41:34 PM »

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2022, 10:42:31 PM »

Just me, speaking as a veteran player and former GM, but a Harris/Cooper ticket would be very effective in November...
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2022, 11:07:36 PM »

Will NH also be happening on this turn, or will it be happening on the next turn?
Also, will/can there be a debate between Harris and Cooper before the NH primary?

NH takes centre stage next turn.

There will be a debate next turn as well, schedule t occur befre the NH primary.

In addition, I'm adding a new feature to this game: campaign insights. basically small notes that might be written up by campaign advisors for each candidate. I'll PM them to each player.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2022, 11:34:35 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2022, 12:01:12 AM by CentristRepublican »

Just me, speaking as a veteran player and former GM, but a Harris/Cooper ticket would be very effective in November...

For Cooper, if he gets nominated, my personal feeling is Baldwin would be perfect. Progressive and would absolutely help with that wing of the party, scandal-free, from a swing state and very popular there, LGBTQ+, female. I really can't think of a better VP choice on the whole.

That's fine; I intend to be president and am not interested in settling for EPA Administrator to begin with. And as for Harris, far from being Vice-President, she'll likely end up with some random role like Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs or something, if even that.
Basically, the mutual sentiment here appears to be this: to the victor go the spoils.

Regarding other cabinet stuff though, I think I'm going to reward Adams for his endorsement (though it seems to have actually hurt more than it helped with a lot of voters...) by making him HUD Secretary.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies