2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:43:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8623 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »

I'm extending this turn by 48 hours.

I sent you the responses of my interview in ReidOut a while back. Are you going to post them in the gameplay thread or should I?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »

I sent you the responses of my interview in ReidOut a while back. Are you going to post them in the gameplay thread or should I?

I post the interviews with the start of the next turn, as I did the previous week.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2022, 07:45:26 PM »

I post the interviews with the start of the next turn, as I did the previous week.

Okay, sounds good.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2022, 10:21:16 AM »

Going to have Kathy Hochul drop out and endorse Eric Adams. Life is just too busy for me to be able to give this the time it needs any time soon.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »

Going to have Kathy Hochul drop out and endorse Eric Adams. Life is just too busy for me to be able to give this the time it needs any time soon.

!!

If Hochul is endorsing Adams he's basically won the primary and I may as well have Cooper drop out, too. I would implore you to reconsider and to keep Hochul from making an endorsement; that way the primary could remain competitive and the game could remain interesting/competitive (whereas, again, if you endorse Adams, I don't see any way for him to lose or for Cooper to win). I think it'd be much more interesting if Adams and I had to both try to win over Hochul supporters, rather than you just endorsing Adams and more or less handing him the nomination before a single primary. I mean, based on how well Spiral is running, he may well end up winning IA and NH even without your endorsement - but at least Cooper gets a good fighting chance and isn't DOA.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2022, 03:57:13 PM »

!!

If Hochul is endorsing Adams he's basically won the primary and I may as well have Cooper drop out, too. I would implore you to reconsider and to keep Hochul from making an endorsement; that way the primary could remain competitive and the game could remain interesting/competitive (whereas, again, if you endorse Adams, I don't see any way for him to lose or for Cooper to win). I think it'd be much more interesting if Adams and I had to both try to win over Hochul supporters, rather than you just endorsing Adams and more or less handing him the nomination before a single primary. I mean, based on how well Spiral is running, he may well end up winning IA and NH even without your endorsement - but at least Cooper gets a good fighting chance and isn't DOA.

Not involved with the game anymore, but unless the new Kamala Harris player turns out to be atrocious, she should still have a good chance, as she's currently leading in the polls.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »

!!

I doubt that all of Hochul's supporters are uniformly transferring to Adams right away, especially with not a single vote being cast yet. The remaining candidates all have their unique strengths and weaknesses among the electorate that we'll have to work with. I see this primary as being a very competitive three-way for a while.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2022, 05:35:12 PM »

Hochul's supporters will almost certainly be moving into the undecided column, but a decent chunk of them will be going to Harris because, y'know, sitting VP and all.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2022, 05:49:54 PM »

!!

I doubt that all of Hochul's supporters are uniformly transferring to Adams right away, especially with not a single vote being cast yet. The remaining candidates all have their unique strengths and weaknesses among the electorate that we'll have to work with. I see this primary as being a very competitive three-way for a while.

Fair enough but if she endorses Adams, Adams gets a major boost for sure. Given your trajectory in this game I'd say that would probably be enough to make you a clear favourite and put Cooper in a position where victory is very difficult - whereas right now, the game is still interesting and the race competitive, and at a place where I think all three of us (Harris, Adams, and Cooper) have decent shots at winning.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2022, 06:08:56 PM »

!!

Fair enough but if she endorses Adams, Adams gets a major boost for sure. Given your trajectory in this game I'd say that would probably be enough to make you a clear favourite and put Cooper in a position where victory is very difficult - whereas right now, the game is still interesting and the race competitive, and at a place where I think all three of us (Harris, Adams, and Cooper) have decent shots at winning.

You didn't pay attention to what GoTfan said, did you?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2022, 06:15:38 PM »

!!

If Hochul endorses Adams, it'd make most sense for a plurality of supporters to sooner or later drift into his camp. Frankly, it logically doesn't make sense that if Candidate A drops out and endorses Candidate B, Candidate A's supporters on the whole support Candidate C rather than Candidate B.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2022, 06:29:29 PM »

!!

If Hochul endorses Adams, it'd make most sense for a plurality of supporters to sooner or later drift into his camp. Frankly, it logically doesn't make sense that if Candidate A drops out and endorses Candidate B, Candidate A's supporters on the whole support Candidate C rather than Candidate B.

GoTfan's the GM. And FYI, if I were still GM, I likely would have done the same thing. Being the incumbent VP has perks in a contested primary, especially with no clear Challenger in the progressive wing (though if GoTfan were still playing as Baldwin, she would have divided that support with Harris if I were still GM)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2022, 07:26:23 PM »

!!

GoTfan's the GM. And FYI, if I were still GM, I likely would have done the same thing. Being the incumbent VP has perks in a contested primary, especially with no clear Challenger in the progressive wing (though if GoTfan were still playing as Baldwin, she would have divided that support with Harris if I were still GM)

It's also down to the fact that Harris just has more name recognition.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2022, 10:55:41 PM »

!!

It's also down to the fact that Harris just has more name recognition.

Yeah, now I think about it, it’d make sense for a good number of Hochul’s supporters to also be females/feminists who want to see a woman elected to the White House. These people would naturally drift towards Harris after Hochul drops out because she’d be the only female candidate in the running.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2022, 08:43:27 PM »

Turn is closed. Processing results now.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2022, 04:34:30 PM »

Guys, I don't think we should be posting right now while we're waiting on the next turn. Tongue
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »

Guys, I don't think we should be posting right now while we're waiting on the next turn. Tongue

All right, I'll stop my back-and-forth with Greg (the reason I'm even doing it is, and I suspect you realise this, it can't hurt with the Democratic base and makes Cooper seem like a liberal fighter without having to criticise any of the other candidates).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2022, 11:59:03 PM »

When do you think the next turn will be set up?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2022, 12:46:39 AM »

When do you think the next turn will be set up?

Working on it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2022, 09:27:27 AM »

Alright, data is collated. Turn will be up in a few hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2022, 09:04:25 AM »

Polling will be going up in a few hours. My dog was attacked today so we have to take her in for an operation.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2022, 07:00:10 PM »

Polling will be going up in a few hours. My dog was attacked today so we have to take her in for an operation.

I hope that she will be okay in no time.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2022, 07:41:23 PM »

I hope that she will be okay in no time.

Same here.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »

Do you need me to step in for a post or two? You can PM me your notes for the turn (or any debate info, if there's a debate this turn), and I'll happily post it for you.

The former GM, who would really like to see this game not die, NewYorkExpress.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2022, 07:05:04 PM »

I'll be putting up the polls when I get home frm the Red Cross today. The turn will start from when I put them up, as things have been a bit out of whack for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies