2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8614 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2022, 12:46:04 AM »

“Tom Miller is the longest-serving Attorney General in the country. We need more people like him. We need people who are committed to getting government to work, not just talking a big game. He’s worked hard to hold big pharma accountable for the opioid crisis, making sure money goes into the pockets of the people suffering from this epidemic. He’s fought against big tech using antitrust laws, and he’s expanding consumer protections. I’m not only proud of his endorsement, but I’m looking forward to implementing these strategies on the national stage, making sure the US government is working for you, not just huge corporations.”

What's this?? I was already granted Miller's endorsement by NYE via PM (the PM was dated April 29 - before this post of yours) and have campaigned with him extensively and have announced his endorsement a while back. Perhaps NYE forgot, but he's already given me Miller's endorsement - how can it be then given to you, too?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2022, 12:58:59 AM »

“Tom Miller is the longest-serving Attorney General in the country. We need more people like him. We need people who are committed to getting government to work, not just talking a big game. He’s worked hard to hold big pharma accountable for the opioid crisis, making sure money goes into the pockets of the people suffering from this epidemic. He’s fought against big tech using antitrust laws, and he’s expanding consumer protections. I’m not only proud of his endorsement, but I’m looking forward to implementing these strategies on the national stage, making sure the US government is working for you, not just huge corporations.”

What's this?? I was already granted Miller's endorsement by NYE via PM (the PM was dated April 29 - before this post of yours) and have campaigned with him extensively and have announced his endorsement a while back. Perhaps NYE forgot, but he's already given me Miller's endorsement - how can it be then given to you, too?

I gave CentristRepublican that endorsement. However, as GoTfan is now the GM, all endorsements are his responsibility, and if he wants to open them up again, that's his call.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2022, 01:01:36 AM »

I gave CentristRepublican that endorsement. However, as GoTfan is now the GM, all endorsements are his responsibility, and if he wants to open them up again, that's his call.

Yeah, but that post is dated May 18, from when you were still GM.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2022, 01:04:02 AM »

Correct, but what I'm trying to say is that GoTfan wants to open up endorsements again (i.e all endorsers who have previously endorsed are up for grabs, for example), he could do that. It's within his rights as GM.

I'm not GM any longer, so I suggest you PM GoTfan about this.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2022, 01:10:20 AM »

Correct, but what I'm trying to say is that GoTfan wants to open up endorsements again (i.e all endorsers who have previously endorsed are up for grabs, for example), he could do that. It's within his rights as GM.

Fair enough, and I completely understand what you are saying here. However, all this does not explain the mystery of Miller giving multiple endorsements simultaneously  from when you were GM. I understand that as GM, GoTfan can now choose to revoke Miller’s endorsements and all other endorsements. That is fine. But I fail to understand why you, as GM, previously gave Miller’s endorsement to multiple candidates. That is what I’m asking about. It may just have been oversight, which is understandable, but I’d nonetheless appreciate an explanation for this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2022, 01:12:38 AM »

Fair enough, and I completely understand what you are saying here. However, all this does not explain the mystery of Miller giving multiple endorsements simultaneously  from when you were GM. I understand that as GM, GoTfan can now choose to revoke Miller’s endorsements and all other endorsements. That is fine. But I fail to understand why you, as GM, previously gave Miller’s endorsement to multiple candidates. That is what I’m asking about.

I am guilty of that. However, you asked first, and therefore your endorsement would have been acknowledged. You should have brought it to my attention before I stepped down as GM.

I'm sorry for the confusion.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2022, 01:14:59 AM »

Fair enough, and I completely understand what you are saying here. However, all this does not explain the mystery of Miller giving multiple endorsements simultaneously  from when you were GM. I understand that as GM, GoTfan can now choose to revoke Miller’s endorsements and all other endorsements. That is fine. But I fail to understand why you, as GM, previously gave Miller’s endorsement to multiple candidates. That is what I’m asking about.

I am guilty of that. However, you asked first, and therefore your endorsement would have been acknowledged. You should have brought it to my attention before I stepped down as GM.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

All right, got it now; thanks for explaining. The only reason I’m bringing this up only now and didn’t do so earlier is because, tbh, I didn’t even notice it till now and only just noticed. But anyway, thanks for explaining.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2022, 06:39:39 PM »

How will you address the ongoing opioid crisis?

What we have witnessed from the opioid crisis is the sheer greed of Big Pharma. They make the big bucks over the disregard of human lives, over families being destroyed after losing their loved ones. In New York City, I successfully pushed for over $250 million in new spending for fighting the opioid crisis. We have been using these funds for treatment programs, for continued education, and—maybe most importantly—preventing future cases of opioid abuse from happening in the first place. I have also provided assistance when possible for the state Attorney General and district attorney’s efforts in prosecuting bad actors who perpetuate this problem.

As President, I will place the health and well-being of Americans as a top priority. If we fall ill to substance abuse or from other matters, all our other problems will build on top of each other. I’ve pushed for healthier lunches and better exercise routines starting at a young school age to encourage good lifestyle habits, and these efforts will continue as President in conjunction with our anti-opioid programs.

Cooper: "This is a serious crisis. A report estimated that about one hundred and thirty people a day die from opioid-related drug overdoses. In the past two decades, 850,000 people have died from drug overdoses. In Tomah, Wisconsin, in 2014, Jason Simcakoski , a 35-year-old Marine Corps, died from opiate overdose. It was because of over-prescription. Senator Tammy Baldwin did nothing about this, even after that. There was an investigation into the Tomah VA by the Department of Veterans Affairs. But Senator Baldwin did nothing, throwing others under the bus and hiring fixer-lawyers as the situation grew ever worse. Jason Simcakoski's widow herself lay the blame with Baldwin for refusing to address this crisis. We need a leader in the White House who will take accountability for this crisis, take this issue seriously. I will be that leader. There will be investigations and inspections and better accountability and accounting regarding prescriptions. No more will people like Jason Simcakoski and their families suffer because of government oversight, government carelessness, and government incompetence. Our elected officials absolutely need to do something about this crisis, and unlike Senator Baldwin, I promise I won't pass the buck."

Governor Cooper: Respectfully, please don't act like a typical politician. The question was about what you would do to fix the opioid crisis, not just badmouthing your rival. Voters deserve better and this debate is about our ideas and records.

You're absolutely right. The truth is I had recently finally dug up some dirt on Baldwin, and I wanted to share it. She was dropping out, so this debate was really my last chance to slam Baldwin on it. And the question was perfect for me to go into that. I also was too lazy to do the research and decided to just use some dirt on Baldwin while I could. However, you're entirely right - Cooper's response to this question was pretty bad actually, since I didn't really have him highlight any specific solutions; he just attacked Baldwin and vaguely promised to do better. And if this was reality, I'd be pretty irritated with Cooper, since I'd expect and hope for a better response on this serious topic than just petty mudslinging and a vague promise to fix the problem without giving specific ideas/solutions/action plans.

And I also want to add your own response was rock-solid. I was too lazy to do the research on this one and just decided that it was the best time to unveil some opposition research - your response, however, was perfect and is a model to follow.

Lastly, welcome to the game. I look forward to campaigning against you/Adams for the nomination.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2022, 08:22:38 PM »

What we have witnessed from the opioid crisis is the sheer greed of Big Pharma. They make the big bucks over the disregard of human lives, over families being destroyed after losing their loved ones. In New York City, I successfully pushed for over $250 million in new spending for fighting the opioid crisis. We have been using these funds for treatment programs, for continued education, and—maybe most importantly—preventing future cases of opioid abuse from happening in the first place. I have also provided assistance when possible for the state Attorney General and district attorney’s efforts in prosecuting bad actors who perpetuate this problem.

As President, I will place the health and well-being of Americans as a top priority. If we fall ill to substance abuse or from other matters, all our other problems will build on top of each other. I’ve pushed for healthier lunches and better exercise routines starting at a young school age to encourage good lifestyle habits, and these efforts will continue as President in conjunction with our anti-opioid programs.

Cooper: "This is a serious crisis. A report estimated that about one hundred and thirty people a day die from opioid-related drug overdoses. In the past two decades, 850,000 people have died from drug overdoses. In Tomah, Wisconsin, in 2014, Jason Simcakoski , a 35-year-old Marine Corps, died from opiate overdose. It was because of over-prescription. Senator Tammy Baldwin did nothing about this, even after that. There was an investigation into the Tomah VA by the Department of Veterans Affairs. But Senator Baldwin did nothing, throwing others under the bus and hiring fixer-lawyers as the situation grew ever worse. Jason Simcakoski's widow herself lay the blame with Baldwin for refusing to address this crisis. We need a leader in the White House who will take accountability for this crisis, take this issue seriously. I will be that leader. There will be investigations and inspections and better accountability and accounting regarding prescriptions. No more will people like Jason Simcakoski and their families suffer because of government oversight, government carelessness, and government incompetence. Our elected officials absolutely need to do something about this crisis, and unlike Senator Baldwin, I promise I won't pass the buck."

Governor Cooper: Respectfully, please don't act like a typical politician. The question was about what you would do to fix the opioid crisis, not just badmouthing your rival. Voters deserve better and this debate is about our ideas and records.

You're absolutely right. The truth is I had recently finally dug up some dirt on Baldwin, and I wanted to share it. She was dropping out, so this debate was really my last chance to slam Baldwin on it. And the question was perfect for me to go into that. I also was too lazy to do the research and decided to just use some dirt on Baldwin while I could. However, you're entirely right - Cooper's response to this question was pretty bad actually, since I didn't really have him highlight any specific solutions; he just attacked Baldwin and vaguely promised to do better. And if this was reality, I'd be pretty irritated with Cooper, since I'd expect and hope for a better response on this serious topic than just petty mudslinging and a vague promise to fix the problem without giving specific ideas/solutions/action plans.

And I also want to add your own response was rock-solid. I was too lazy to do the research on this one and just decided that it was the best time to unveil some opposition research - your response, however, was perfect and is a model to follow.

Lastly, welcome to the game. I look forward to campaigning against you/Adams for the nomination.

These are all things that will be taken into account.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2022, 09:12:13 PM »

These are all things that will be taken into account.

To be fair, I personally think my other debate responses were good. And I've by far done the most extensive campaigning. I've actually gone out into the weeds in rural IA to campaign. So though this particular debate response wasn't all that good, I feel the other stuff more than recompenses for it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2022, 09:01:26 AM »

I appreciate the kind words and welcome the challenge as well. With these games, you unfortunately don't always hit a home run with your answers and schedules. I've got the scars from countless other games to prove it lol. As long as you're having fun, though, that matters most.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2022, 09:54:23 AM »

I appreciate the kind words and welcome the challenge as well. With these games, you unfortunately don't always hit a home run with your answers and schedules. I've got the scars from countless other games to prove it lol. As long as you're having fun, though, that matters most.

Why didn't you join when I was GM? I could have used additional players with experience keeping me on task/helping me with realism.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »

Turn is now closed!

Expect turn results to be up in a day or so, depending.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2022, 10:53:45 AM »

Why didn't you join when I was GM? I could have used additional players with experience keeping me on task/helping me with realism.

I didn't see that this game was going on until much later after it started. Also, I've got a bit more free time to write stuff up now compared to earlier in the year.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »

Turn is going up later on today. Want some time to celebrate my birthday first.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »

Happy Birthday!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2022, 09:37:39 PM »

Happy birthday 🎂 🥳
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »

Turn is finally live!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2022, 09:48:09 AM »

GoTfan, would you be able to publicly list the endorsements we earned for the past turn so we can all keep better track?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2022, 09:52:12 AM »

GoTfan, would you be able to publicly list the endorsements we earned for the past turn so we can all keep better track?

Was just thinking about that.

To avoid clutter, I'll create a separate thread listing the endorsements, otherwise the game thread will just get chaotic.
Pink Panther

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2022, 03:08:45 PM »

Is it too late to join as a new candidate?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2022, 08:24:01 PM »

Who would you like to join as?
Pink Panther

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2022, 09:19:26 PM »

Who would you like to join as?
Vince McMahon as a Republican
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2022, 03:32:10 AM »

So is anyone actually gonna post or is this dead?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2022, 10:29:08 AM »

So is anyone actually gonna post or is this dead?

I'm planning to lol. For myself, at least, is it okay to get that one-day extension to be safe?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies