2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8605 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2022, 11:53:09 AM »

Extension please. Work has been insane
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2022, 01:46:25 PM »

Extension please. Work has been insane

Sure.

I forgot to post the Republican debate questions anyways and I have two tests next week for college, so you'll now get until Saturday the 21st.

The debate questions likely won't go live for a couple of days, and it might just end up being you guys asking each other questions at the debate location, as that might fit the Republican Party a bit better.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2022, 09:46:37 PM »

Does Elon Musk still buy Twitter in this timeline? If so, is Trump's Twitter account restored?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2022, 10:02:22 PM »

Does Elon Musk still buy Twitter in this timeline? If so, is Trump's Twitter account restored?

Musk has bought Twitter.

Trump's account is technically banned, however, Musk has removed the ban on making new accounts when banned from Twitter, meaning Trump could create a new account if he wishes, though as of May 2023 he had not done so.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2022, 02:26:47 PM »

I haven't actually announced the beginning of the next turn yet, so anyone posting said turn is getting a bit ahead of themselves.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »

I haven't actually announced the beginning of the next turn yet, so anyone posting said turn is getting a bit ahead of themselves.

I just posted my schedule for later on a little in advance. You said earlier that it's all right to post schedules in advance of the coming rounds. In this case, I've gotten a schedule up for the next month or so because I already had all the information planned out and wanted it written down so I didn't lose it. If it's a problem to post it in advance, though, I can copy the post, delete it, and then repost it when the next round begins, if you want.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2022, 03:56:14 PM »

I just posted my schedule for later on a little in advance. You said earlier that it's all right to post schedules in advance of the coming rounds. In this case, I've gotten a schedule up for the next month or so because I already had all the information planned out and wanted it written down so I didn't lose it. If it's a problem to post it in advance, though, I can copy the post, delete it, and then repost it when the next round begins, if you want.

That's true, but I haven't decided what date the next turn ends yet (you're almost certainly making too long a schedule. I doubt the next turn will be any later than the end of July.). Plus, there will probably be a debate at some point next turn that you would need to include in your schedule.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2022, 04:04:57 PM »

I'm posting my turn after work today.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2022, 04:17:58 PM »

I'm posting my turn after work today.

Okay.

A reminder that this turn ends on Sunday Night at 11:59 PM.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2022, 04:54:38 PM »

That's true, but I haven't decided what date the next turn ends yet (you're almost certainly making too long a schedule. I doubt the next turn will be any later than the end of July.). Plus, there will probably be a debate at some point next turn that you would need to include in your schedule.

All right then.  Let me know when the upcoming round ends when you've decided, as well as the date and place for the debate this round, and I'll edit my schedule accordingly.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2022, 05:07:05 PM »

All right then.  Let me know when the upcoming round ends when you've decided, as well as the date and place for the debate this round, and I'll edit my schedule accordingly.

The debate will be announced when the next turn begins (which be Sunday Evening). The next turn should end on July 31.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »

The Turn is closed.

The next turn will be posted either later today or Tuesday.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2022, 01:33:39 AM »

The Turn is closed.

It's Tuesday night, PT (and Wednesday morning ET), and the round still isn't up
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2022, 08:17:40 AM »

The Turn is closed.

Sorry.

It'll be up soon.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2022, 07:15:32 PM »

The Turn is closed.

Sorry.

It'll be up soon.

I hate to badger and pester like this, but it is now 8.15 PM PT on Wednesday. When do you expect another round to be up? Truth be told I am beginning to lose patience; the round was supposed to have started by yesterday, latest.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2022, 07:44:15 PM »

The Turn is closed.

Sorry.

It'll be up soon.

I hate to badger and pester like this, but it is now 8.15 PM PT on Wednesday. When do you expect another round to be up? Truth be told I am beginning to lose patience; the round was supposed to have started by yesterday, latest.

I'll get started on it right now.

Feel free to look for a new GM too. I'd personally reccommend NHI or Lumine as my replacement for the future.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2022, 09:45:29 PM »

The Turn is closed.

Sorry.

It'll be up soon.

Feel free to look for a new GM too. I'd personally reccommend NHI or Lumine as my replacement for the future.

Don't get me wrong, you've been a good GM and I'd be happy if you continued on as GM of the game. And I didn't mean to be rude or pushy in my post at all, so if I was, my apologies.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2022, 06:31:12 AM »

The Turn is closed.

Sorry.

It'll be up soon.

Don't get me wrong, you've been a good GM and I'd be happy if you continued on as GM of the game. And I didn't mean to be rude or pushy in my post at all, so if I was, my apologies.

Apology accepted.

However, I do believe a game like this deserves a GM who is willing to commit more time and energy than I have been thus far.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2022, 07:49:09 PM »

Here's the deal everyone. I'm stepping down as GM, as I feel this game deserves a more active GM than I can provide.

GoTfan will take over as GM, and Tammy Baldwin (GoTfan) will exit the Presidential race, and will be reentering the Senate race in Wisconsin. A full post from GoTfan will be forthcoming shortly.

GoTfan will also announce the new end date for the turn, so the sooner you get your schedules and debate responses in, the better off you will be.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2022, 10:01:21 PM »

Here's the deal everyone. I'm stepping down as GM, as I feel this game deserves a more active GM than I can provide.

GoTfan will take over as GM, and Tammy Baldwin (GoTfan) will exit the Presidential race, and will be reentering the Senate race in Wisconsin. A full post from GoTfan will be forthcoming shortly.

GoTfan will also announce the new end date for the turn, so the sooner you get your schedules and debate responses in, the better off you will be.

I'm very happy Baldwin's withdrawing since although I was able to attack the other 3 candidates fairly successfully, I was having great difficulty attacking Baldwin (though I did dig up some dirt after doing a little research, it wasn't as good as what I have on Hochul and Harris) and finding effective attacks that stuck. Now for Cooper to subtely try and frame himself in a slightly more progressive light to crack into the Baldwin vote!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »

I'm very happy Baldwin's withdrawing since although I was able to attack the other 3 candidates fairly successfully, I was having great difficulty attacking Baldwin (though I did dig up some dirt after doing a little research, it wasn't as good as what I have on Hochul and Harris) and finding effective attacks that stuck. Now for Cooper to subtely try and frame himself in a slightly more progressive light to crack into the Baldwin vote!

Especially since I was using this turn to plot out an extensive foreign policy-based attack.

Either way, turn is extended to June 10.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »

Is it possible to still jump in here as Eric Adams?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2022, 03:42:14 PM »

It's been tough for me to post updates as Cooper over the last several days because of device changes. Would thus appreciate a turn extension to June 12 or June 13, if that's possible.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »

Answer to both is yes. Turn is extending to the 16th
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States