2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8629 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2022, 08:44:16 PM »

Alright, I'll be closing the turn shortly. i've been taking a different schedule at work, so trying to fit in with that.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2022, 03:09:02 AM »

I'm assessing everything now. I've been on the go pretty much the entire week, so trying to get some rest.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2022, 07:12:26 AM »

Okay, I want to clear a few things up.

Send me your endorsements lists. Some will be approved, some not. I try to maintain a bit of realism in that certain people are going to hold their endorsements back until after certain events. Example: requesting an endorsement from someone like Bernie Sanders or AOC is going to be denied mostly straight off the bat because they want to see how you perform on primary days.

Suggestions and constructive comments are always welcome. This is the first time I've managed a game that's gotten to the primary phase, so I'm working things out still.

I admittedly have let things slide recently, and I feel that I owe an explanation:

1) August last year was a terrible time for me and resulted in a pretty traumatic breakup that still affects me a lot, and my intensified work schedule isn't helping much. I haven't had more than four hours' sleep a night since then, and have only just restarted visits to a psychologist to try and deal with these f(inks)ing demons in my head.

2) I've had general feelings that my life has just hit a brick wall lately, and that's obviously affecting me as well. Like, a quarter-life crisis or something like that, I dunno. It's hard to explain over a computer.

3) Some of the stuff I've had to deal with at the Red Cross lately has been kinda confronting. I'm not allowed to say anything for legal reasons, but suffice to say, it's caused a friend of mine quite a few sleepless nights lately as well and I take it upon myself to stay talking with them so they don't have a panic attack.

I'll try and keep up with everything moving forward.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »

Headlines are up. React to them if you like. I'll be publishing the polling soon.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2022, 09:38:14 AM »

Okay, polls are finally up.

An explanation as to why I'm doing statuses for Super Tuesday as opposed to polling: I have a lot going on right now. My writing, work, and everything else, for example. Doing fully detailed polling would be very time consuming and honestly, would probably just stress me out even more.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2022, 06:51:46 PM »

Mental health for teenagers has come into focus recently following the suicide of a 16 year old girl in Durham, North Carolina due to depression.

Depressed kids commit suicide every day; no offence, but why would this particular kid be a special case that attracts national attention?

Also, I think it'd be awkward for Cooper to just call this girl "this girl," so I'm going to take the liberty of giving her a name.

. . .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies